1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Karen's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by karenr, Jul 30, 2017.

1. karenr

karenr Silver

So the word from the Cignature Health folks is that it’s not worth it for me to do another Breathy test now..
    “Since you have not been able to follow the full recommended protocol, they anticipate that your level is still high, so repeat testing would just tell us what we already know. Until you are able to drink more DDW and/or consume a high-fat, deuterium depleted diet, they would not expect to see much change.”

So it’s a little discouraging, but plugging away is the thing. Can’t go by any standards.. 3.5 months drinking as much DDW as I can, maybe that’s a drop in the bucket in terms of what I'm dealing with. Onward and upward, some days with a little more rah-rah spirit than other days.

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I think that the advice you got is proper.
    But you can still insist on getting your tests done.

3. karenr

karenr Silver

Yup, it’s the money issue again. Better to spend on the water than tests. I figure I'll know intuitively when it’s time to test again. And hopefully the outdoor time now will start to help the D situation too.. CH seems to mainly be focusing on food and water for D depletion.

Phosphene likes this.
  4. drezy

drezy New Member

That makes sense, nobody can sell you fasting or sunlight.

Actually.....If you insist, though, for $100/month (recurring monthly charge until you cancel) I can ship you an empty box that will contain your complete fasting supplies for the month. Don't worry it will be certified organic nothing of the highest quality. Also for an extra $25 / month I will include 2 weeks worth of nothing straight from the incredible "blue zone" of Okinawa.

At the one year mark I'll ship you a customer appreciation t-shirt that says "I paid $1200 for nothing" in the front and "Kick Me" in the back.

Act now supplies are limited.

5. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Hey Karen, just thought I’d pop in to say I’m rooting for you. I love how you’ve diligently yet gently adapted to these concepts to the very best of your ability.

Next time I’m headed north this summer or early fall perhaps we can arrange a visit if you’re up for it? I’d love to be headed up for the Vermont talk but my youngest son is graduating high school then. (Good grief time does fly.) Next year’s talk for sure.

karenr likes this.
  6. karenr

karenr Silver

Aww thanks @Phosphene. I'm with you too. Do keep me posted on any plans to come up north! I'm actually quite a bit west now.. NY is pretty big :)

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  7. karenr

karenr Silver

From yesterday's FB post.. “Getting tired from the sun is a reaction to what the sun can do to a trashed hormone panel of a lifetime of mismatches cause by calcium efflux...”

What about getting the jitters/insomnia and migraine? After a winter of using the red Sperti lamp, I was in the sun the other day for about 10 minutes, feeling very uncomfortable but figured I'm gonna need to push a bit past my comfort zone. Then spent more time with body in the shade and legs in the sun and felt better. Feels like the full brunt of solar power is just a bit much for me yet..

Then a severe migraine all day yesterday, calling for an emergency acupuncture session, which always brings the energy down from my head and resolves it. He said it was a “liver heat” condition, with excess heat getting into the blood. Treatment for that did help. Well, I do tend to have these migraines other times when I'm not in the sun, but it did seem like in this case the sun exposure could have triggered this one..

So my guess is I just have to find my sweet spot with the sun exposure and increase very slowly and carefully. And I shouldn’t be surprised that my tolerance is so low now, while I used to soak up the rays and revel in the glorious healing warmth when I was young.

Then when a friend sent me the article about the new migraine drug.. I just laughed. All they can do is keep targeting one thing or another to block, until our life energy is all blocked. I already had years of my life ruined from triptan drugs until I figured it out, and I wouldn’t touch this one with a ten ft pole..
    My current mantra being “I Do Not Consent...”

Phosphene and Sheddie like this.
  8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Long way to tell you:
    optimize your progesterone

upload_2018-5-18_12-20-55.png

karenr likes this.
  9. karenr

karenr Silver

@JanSz I would have passed over this from the hyped appearance, but because it's coming from you, I'll look into it!

I have had disastrous effects from fiddling with hormones in the past.. taking “bioidentical” progesterone, DHEA, and various amino acids that worsened my dysautonomia. I have a feeling that the nutritional deficiencies may be more primary.. but what's causing the inability to eat, everything leads back to that conundrum. Even though light trumps food, I don’t think it can replace it! But maybe it's more a catch-up game where all the little hacks that I CAN tolerate all interact and allow for other improvements..

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You do not have to buy those books.
    You should not take anything now.
    First would be to do DUTCHtest.com

If cycling:
    DUTCH Cycle Mapping & Complete Bundle (Female Only)
    $599.00
    -----------------------
    If not cycling:
    DUTCH Plus
    $499.00

Expect to do this tests 3-4 times/year at first,
    latter 1-2 /year

11. karenr

karenr Silver

I've had my eye on that, but just don’t have the money.. unless I stopped DDW for a few months. Anything comparable to DUTCH and less expensive? (At home, without an FM doc).

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

DUTCH will show you what you are missing.
    Then you have to buy that to supplement it.

Then there is also
    Spectracell Micronutrient Analysis.

Buy one lottery ticket weekly.
    I will have to listen to my own advice.

Do not stop DDW

karenr and Sheddie like this.
  13. karenr

karenr Silver

Ha! I am following your advice, and I'll treat you to a lifetime supply of DDW when I win the million dollar jackpot.

Phosphene likes this.
  14. karenr

karenr Silver

Sleep update. Haven’t touched the sleep meds in 10 days. Haven’t gone that long in many years! What a relief to fall asleep naturally and just trust that every time I wake I'll eventually get back to sleep again. No matter how long it takes, that’s how it goes until morning. What a revelation for my body to rediscover this natural rhythm.

Getting more natural light, I'm sure made a difference. Probably everything I've been doing helped to muster whatever kind of energy allowed me to dump the old pattern. Really feels like I got freed up from some old barnacle.

How it happened.. it wasn’t like I’d finally won the battle after such a long struggle. But I had an evening of calm, quiet knowing that this dysfunctional relationship with sleep meds is history. Knowing that for sure, in a very matter-of-fact way, very different than the perpetual struggle toward it.

Joyfun and Phosphene like this.
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Keep going..........

karenr and Phosphene like this.
  16. karenr

karenr Silver

That’s exactly what that impulse felt like, finally being on the path. You have to know you’re on the path in order to be on the path.

Phosphene likes this.
  17. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Hey Karen, how are you doing? Hope you’re managing a bit of independence on this fine Independence Day. :)

18. karenr

karenr Silver

Hey Phosphene! Nice to hear from you. I'm keeping on keeping on. Seem to be always busy with all the vicissitudes of life (way too complicated, if you ask me!) And I just remembered that when I turned 60, it occurred to me, NOW I certainly have the right to live life on my own terms!

And then of course I laughed at how I had made up this arbitrary timeframe for “permission” to be myself. Well, what “being oneself” turns out to be in actual experience, can be a lifetime exploration, but why I had to wait 60 years to be on board with it? Well, I guess the answer is blowing in the wind.

Happy independence on your own terms!

Phosphene likes this.
  19. Joyfun

Joyfun Intuitively curious

Hi Karen,
    I read somewhere that it was the 660nm red light of the cold laser that did the healing and not the cold laser. The red LED bulb RubyLux (660nm more or less) is safer to use.

20. Joyfun

Joyfun Intuitively curious

Hi Karen,
    I did not realize the RubyLux was in the 850nm range. I use a red LED grow light (660nm) for about $6 that has given me all the healing I have needed. It was the one from
    ali express. I think I gave you the link in the Conversation section.

Phosphene likes this.