1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

K2 in foods

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by healthy2015, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Hi everyone
    Does anyone know or can point me in the right directio of a list of foods that have a high content of K2
    Thanks
    Emma

2. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

There are many variations of K2. MK4 and MK7 are the major ones and they don't do the same things in the body. One of those is very high in slimy natto. Pastured animal products have decent but far lesser amounts of the other. I supplement.

healthy2015 and Lahelada like this.
  3. Inger

Inger Silver

Fermented foods, fermented fats.
    Old soft raw cheeses are great. Also high meat/fat. Raw grassfed butter.
    Also charcuterie like salami and high quality ham from Spain/Italy that has been aged for a long time...

healthy2015 likes this.
  4. Thank you both for replies. I have a lot of Serrano ham, Gouda and only use grassfed butter, I used to eat Natto but that really does have a taste of its own :D

5. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

But again, while there is a great deal of MK7 in Natto, there is not very much MK4 in pastured and fermented animal-based products, just more MK4 than in other sources of it. And MK4 and MK7 do somewhat different things. Our great grandparents were probably fine, but hard to glean enough K2 from the current food supply.

healthy2015 likes this.
  6. Saichi

Saichi New Member

3.5 oz natto
    1 raw duck or chicken egg
    1 tbsp thickest darkest grade maple syrup
    1 tbsp Eden red label (American not Japanese) organic soy sauce

I've eaten this almost every day for half a year now and it never gets old. Come summertime I might really splurge and put half cup of white sushi rice with it.

healthy2015 likes this.
  7. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

8. Thanks for your replies and Saichi - I will give your suggestion a go!