1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Juvenile Caries

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by TheKid, Apr 14, 2014.

1. TheKid

TheKid Gold

For Jack & John Sorrentino

My 3 year old daughter has a cavity in her molar. Not the farthest back one, but the one before that.

When that tooth erupted, it was discolored. In fact it was grey in one are on the top surface. We noticed this and took her to a dentist probably a year and a half ago. At that time we were told it was just a discoloration and not to worry.

Now we're being told the tooth probably didn't mineralized well from the start (in utero) and was therefore compromised. Now there's a cavity that's deep and nearly touching the nerve. They want to take out part of nerve and seal it with a non-mercury amalgam.

I would like to know how one might heal a cavity naturally. I read your tooth blog, but we've done so much right with my daughter that I don't know where to start. She's never tasted grains. No sugar. Seasonal carbs. No milk. Lots of Irish yogurt. Great sleeper. Never tired. Tons of energy. Drinks filtered well water. Was breast fed.

She has, however, some of the worst smelling breath I've found on a kid. Mornings are worst. But it gets rather smelly as the day goes on too. Her mom faces this problem as well.

Not sure what to think. Is the poor mineralization something that just can't be overcome naturally? Or are there some natural steps that may help avoid drilling and filling, which at her age has to be done under anesthetic/sedation? Thanks.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If that is true and she has a mineralization issue she has a collagen water transgenerational issue too. It also means here adult teeth may have an issue present too. Personally I think the advice you got was not great. I would get another opinion. Bad breath is a sign of SIBO. SIBO= carbs plus oxygen in her gut.........= why she has caries. This also means low fat soluble vitamins all made by a complex microbiota. There is a gut dental connection. Read my teeth in disease blog. John Lenora alert. In a primary tooth you can drill out the caries and seal it.......that is not that big a deal. There is a guy with a book out Ramiel Nagel about healing decay naturally. I read it, solid book.