1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Just received my ZRT lab results for DHEAS and Cortisol

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by PJP71, May 2, 2019.

1. PJP71

PJP71 Silver

I would appreciate any feedback and/or suggestions. Would also like to hear your experiences with similar issues.

I bought the ZRT labs Adrenal stress from Amazon. This test uses saliva to measure both DHEAS levels and cortisol at different times during the day. Here are my results:

DHEAS: 2.3 ng/mL

Cortisol
    Morning: 8.4 ng/mL
    Noon: 1.6 ng/mL
    Evening: 0.9 ng/mL
    Night: 2.6 ng/mL

The last time I had my DHEAS measured is was 57 mcg/dL so not sure what the conversion is.
    Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Copy all test result pages and post as a pictures.

3. PJP71

PJP71 Silver

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

No artificial light at least 3 hrs before bed time, more better. (right red arrow)
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Consider taking 50mg/day DHEA pills (titrate latter), aim at 20 at your next saliva test.
    get fasting insulin, homocysteine, FreeT3
    ======================================
    https://www.mcssl.com/store/bltsystem/catalog/search?keyword=Homocysteine
    Homocysteine, Plasma 706994 - $28.01
    Insulin - $12.01
    Hemoglobin A1c $8.65
    Triiodothyronine (T3), Free, Serum $14.45
    DHEAs -$24.35
    ---
    Get Calcium score test ($95 no insurance, no dr script)

upload_2019-5-2_19-34-29.png
    '''
    upload_2019-5-2_19-31-28.png

PJP71 and recoen like this.
  5. Agreed with @JanSz, use the charts and the info they give you in the report. I use the ZRT lab as well, I think the reports are great. Ask yourself these questions:

How old are you in comparison to your DHEA in the scale?
    What does your day look like?
    What are you doing at night to block blue/all light?
    How does your nighttime routine correlate to your cortisol at night?

PJP71 likes this.
  6. PJP71

PJP71 Silver

Thanks @JanSz and @Christine_L .

As you can see, my DHEAS level tested below the range for my 48 years of age. Actually looks to be the very bottom of the range for a 60 year old.
    3 days ago I started DHEA suplementation at 25mg in the morning. I was concerned about taking too much but maybe 50mg is necessary since my level is so low?
    I have not noticed anything but not sure how long it takes to feel the effects?
    I have been limiting the blue light at night but can probably expand on that time wise.
    Thanks for the suggestions and I will look into those other tests. @JanSz, Is mccsl.com your preferred lab of choice?
    Thanks again.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  7. @PJP71 Makes sense. I understand that DHEA decreases overtime, definitely strive for optimal! You might want to do testosterone too next time you test. That will give you the full picture in addition to whatever you are doing to increase the DHEA. Definitely blocking blue at night (that includes limiting artificial light at night - meaning any lights, keep your house dim and use blueblockers as soon as the sun goes down, dont wait!) and seeing sunrises in the AM will help you with your hormones. Also get as much light as you can. How are you limiting your EMF exposure?

8. PJP71

PJP71 Silver

When my DHEAS level first tested low, my testosterone was also checked and found to be in the normal range which is puzzling. I suppose an update would be good though. I've been seeing the sunrises every morning since I joined here but would like to increase that. Bought a Trimeter but still trying to figure out the right way to test around my house. I'm going to re-post some of this in my journal https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/my-journal-light-at-the-end-of-a-tunnel.21777/ to keep track of my progression. Feel free to chime in there as well. I really appreciate everyone's input!

Last edited: May 8, 2019