1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Just got my AGE levels measured... holy mackerel!

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Inger, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Inger

Inger Silver

My dad just had one of his friends for a visit.. they was about to go to a health event and his friend had gotten a AGE Reader (DiagnOptics Technologies BV, Groningen, The Netherlands) that works using skin autofluorescence (SAF), for the meeting. It is a pretty new thing, this link is about a study done

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3672176/

He said it costs about 3000 € when I asked. He measured all our AGE levels and it was pretty interesting.... He is around 74 yo himself and looks very healthy, is a health guy so to speak. The AGE machine told his age to be 25. My mom was 54 (real age 61) and my dad had about the same numbers, a little worse. My bro had 23 (real age 21), he has not lived a healthy life until now, but since a month or so he does great, eats and does good stuff. I am proud of him. Now... I was pretty exited what my number will be... I just had labs done last week and my cholesterol was so high and my glucose too

HDL was 119 mg/dl
    LDL was 193,3 mg/dl
    Triglycerides 43,4 mg/dl

glucose was 108 mg/dl

and I am eating so much fat and I though holey moley I will have so much AEG in my body....... but.. my biologic age according to the machine was 5...???! I had the best by far! They were all stunned.. but I figure it is because I eat almost 100% raw for almost 10 years? When I do not cook anything (almost) there will be way less AGEs? Or is it the lifestyle I am doing? The Kruse style? IDK but I am so happy now! You see... I do have been warned from some health (raw food) people that eating so much protein and fat and coconut oil will make huge amounts of AGEs in my body and it will be very bad for my health and I will age fast. I did not listen to them and now it seems my diet is just right. Maybe my high glucose levels are not bad at all either, maybe my body have just made some anti freeze to take me safe through the winter :D

I was not too surprised though to be honest - I really feel like I am 5 yo ;)

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

That's awesome Inger... I bet is a combination of everything your doing, as well as where you living...

3. Hemming

Hemming New Member

That is probably the best lipid I have ever seen! And you're only five years old :)

At what time of the day did you have the blood draw and did you have it fasted?

4. Inger

Inger Silver

yes fasted, at 7:30 AM. I do had one small glass of water in the morning

feels good to be so young... makes me not be too sad because of the sad errors I have made in my life, look now I have a whole new life to get it all right :D

5. Hemming

Hemming New Member

Fasted from dinner the night before, so around 12-14 hours?

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This machine is based on the work of Fritz Popp who you will be hearing about soon.........

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Inger your high glucose levels are due to the CT......below 62 F insulin wont work in humans......so this is why BG goes up......and it is a natural phenomena in the part of the world you live in.......but when you warm up like a modern humans and have the high BG from carbs......you get Diabetes which is why the Norwegian countries have the highest rates of T1 D in the world. BG matters little in a cold environment.....it is actually an epigenetic adaptation to cold. See The evolutionary friend or foe blog for the details

8. nicld

nicld Gold

That's AWESOME Inger. Way to go.

9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

hummmm this has me wondering..... if as I get better cold adapted this is why my FBG is staying high....

10. Inger

Inger Silver

Cool! Not going to worry about my fasting BG anymore :) I have it below 60 degree F most of the time in my apartment in the colder months... in my bedroom way colder -even freezing temps. When I crawl into my bed it is so cold... uhuh... but fast, in a minute or so, my body heat it all up so nicely, I am in awe what a heating machine it has become...lol

Hemming, I had dinner the day before at 4 PM so I had fasted for about 15 hours. I was not hungry even. I usually am not really hungry for breakfast but I always eat a BAB anyways because I love it!

11. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Inger we've been keeping the house below or at 60 deg F during winter. I tried to get DH to hold off on turning it on but he's not quite as cold adapted as I am. I'm usually in short sleeves during the day while working at home and I don't turn on the lights.... I just use the natural light that comes through the window

I've also been consuming massive quantities of fat. today I decided to have a bite of 90 dark chocolate - and found it disgusting - I actually spit it out. Something has just clicked of recent... I really love the fact that fat is all I want.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  12. Hemming

Hemming New Member

Does that go for HbA1c too?

13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

great question - I've found that my HbA1C has dropped down to 5.4 from a high of 5.7; I'd love to get it further down though...

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

HbA!c in cases like these I do not like......Once people are eating my way I really rarely need to every worry about this unless they have LADA, T1D, of on of the autoimmune versions......

15. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Don't we have an age limit on this forum? I'm sorry, Inger dear, you will have to wait until you are 12 to post to this website....

Veg likes this.
  16. caroline

caroline Moderator

This is all so interesting Inger!!! I love all this......

Sally - is there an age limit at the other end of the spectrum???? are my days numbered???

Are you the age Police? ;)

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

I feel really young too ..... but geeze - never look in a mirror ......

18. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Oh, didn't think of that... Sally is signing off now....

19. Jude

Jude Gold

lol...........................................................

20. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

From my calculations, Inger could live to be about 600 years old. Wow, that's like...Biblical!