1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

J's Optimal Journey

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by _J_, Feb 4, 2019.

1. _J_

_J_ New Member

My grandmother was born at the beginning of the 20th century, and spent her life in a South Wales mining village. My mother was born in the same village, is still alive and fairly sprightly for her 80 years. Although we came from a working class background, she was always bright and sharp, and despite spending her life as a housewife, I recall her at age 40, training and passing the Mensa tests just to see if she could do it.

For what its worth, and to anyone interested, I'd like to share my story.

Life for me was growing up in a farming village in South Wales. I seem to remember spending most of my young years roaming around the fields, and playing endless games in the summer.

I found within myself a passion for technology, and with the 90's boom, joined the ranks of industry as a software programmer. My life moved on through its usual twists and turns, and 2 decades later, a wife and 2 children in Sydney Australia.

Of late, I started feeling stretched, tired, and performing more like a Nissan Sentra. Coming home from work usually saw me sitting down, letting the young kids play and then just wanting to mentally switch off until sleep.

By chance, I saw a film called 'The Magic Pill'. It quite shook up my picture of everything, and so I embarked on a journey with the Keto diet, while spending copious hours frying myself with the other obedient idiots on the bus to, and fro, work.

Youtube was my biggest consumption, and I ranged from Asprey, Volek, Phinney, Teicholz, D'Agostino, Boros and others. I literally couldnt consume material fast enough, and every corner turned was a new revelation. I'm sure I became the most annoying person in the room to talk to.

I first came across Jack Kruse in an extreme health radio podcast. It's difficult to pinpoint exactly the reason, but I felt that the underlying message made sense on about every level I could understand. I began to search for his videos and watched as much as I could.

I instinctly felt that his message was real, even if I did not understand the depths that he was trying to explain. It took about 6 months, of actively listening reading his blogs and trying to absorb the material as best I could, to overcome all of the cognitive dissonance I had, and accept the new reality that I had better pay attention to my environment much closer than I had.

During this time, I have been putting in as many of the practices as I am aware of, and I'm happy to say that energy levels are pretty good, and life has a much richer weave than it had previously.

I recently joined Patreon & the Optimal Klub, because I believe this is a bigger story yet to unfold, and that information is something that I need to navigate what could be a difficult few years ahead, with 5g.

I still continue to read, watch and learn. Things are still changing, and I try and adapt constantly as I learn.

One of my goals is to attend a Playa Del Carmen member's event, in about 2 years time. I think that would be pretty amazing. If so, I might see you there and share a bottle of Preventa with you. OK, just so you know, I might have to swap that with a nice bottle of wine when you aren't looking.

I wish you all the best and good luck for the future.

PalmBeach1 and Sergio Valadez like this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Welcome and I enjoyed this read......

3. Inger

Inger Silver

Welcome, J! :)

4. drezy

drezy Gold

Hey out there. No need to hide it. Wine on the beach sounds like a perfect plan. I think you'll fit right in around here.

5. _J_

_J_ New Member

Jack - thanks, I appreciate it, and for everything you have done for us all..

Inger & drezy, thanks for the welcome. I have read so many of your comments in the forum threads, and it's great to say hi

6. _J_

_J_ New Member

Yesterday, I learned about the Schumann Resonance from the EMF series on JackKruse.com. What an incredible and beautiful revelation. I am at a loss to explain how I did not know about this before, given that the information dates from the 1950s onwards.

I awoke last night from a deep sleep and a second later, I felt a course of tingling through my body. Moments later, a heavy rain bathed the house with a steady rhythm. If you remain skeptical, then I do not blame you, and I cannot explain the coincidence other than to say it was an uplifting experience.

I read the "A starfish goes abroad to sculpt the message" blog and video. What struck me from this message was how important it is to re-evaluate your priorities, push through the boundaries we impose on ourselves, and take a step towards a future you believe in.

I thought back to my father, who died from throat cancer 2 years ago. He had been a smoker who spent his life ignoring the uncomfortable impacts that cigarettes were doing to his body. He also spent his last years living an indoor life. I recall what my mum told me when he found out that he had throat cancer for the first time, and how he threw the packet of cigarettes in the bin with disgust when he realised, all too late, that the damage had been done.

This morning, we took the children to the beach, to seek the early morning sunshine and feel the sand beneath our toes. As I swam in the beautiful Pacific waters, I looked up at the sun in gratitude and thought of my father. I realised that I cannot ignore, and must accept one of the last lessons he could offer me; that I cannot continue to blind myself with a comfortable ignorance, and I need to find a new path in this life.

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

You write beautifully and with such soul .....I am looking forward to reading more of your thoughts and desires and wants and needs on your quantum journey here with us.

There are lots of Aussies here .......follow Brent Patrick - he is in the Sydney area as well. Brent has a great grasp of all of this.

Sergio Valadez and drezy like this.
  8. _J_

_J_ New Member

Thanks Caroline. I can see why the journals are helpful for people, to capture thoughts and share. Will do, I have seen quite a few of Brent#s comments, and will be sure to keep an eye out for him

caroline likes this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi J. It is great to read back in our journals and see all the progress we have made ........

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  10. _J_

_J_ New Member

I wanted to give something back today, and share some photos I took about 10 years ago in a place called Tulum (Mexico, just south of Playa del Carmen). I woke early, and camped out on the beach until the sunrise. I thought that the clouds were going to obscure the sunrise that day, but eventually the sun managed to break through the rain.

If you are reading, I hope it gives some inspiration to you. Please feel free to enjoy, print or use as you wish.

DSC_1563_2.jpg DSC_1564_2.jpg DSC_1573_2.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Sergio Valadez

Sergio Valadez New Member

@_J_ I second what Caroline said about your writing having so much soul. Fun and interesting read. And thanks for the (beautiful) pix of Tulum. Do you have any plans on heading back to the Yucatan peninsula eventually?

12. _J_

_J_ New Member

Thanks Sergio! Welcome on the pix of Tulum. Yes, I would like to go back. Two years ago, I promised the kids an adventure in Disneyland. I am trying to be a little devious, and coinciding it with a short hop down to Playa Del Carmen, hopefully with the member's event probably in another 2 years. Sshh, don't tell anyone ;)

Sergio Valadez and caroline like this.
  13. _J_

_J_ New Member

I found out recently that the folks-in-law’s house is within 80m of a cell tower. I had bought a Trifield EMF reader, and hadn’t thought they might be so affected. What began as an exercise in looking for rogue wifi routers and DECT phones, ended with a walk through the surrounding streets to find a cell tower obscured by several trees.

While they were prepared to accept simple precautionary measures, they were unprepared for anything as disruptive as the EMF they are being subjected to. I recorded 10-20+ mW/m2 through the entire house. The home where their children grew up, and where they had lived for over 40 years, became an EMF hell-hole in a single moment. I fear they will not embrace any change that would be meaningful, and that they will simply accept as-is the situation, and ignore any consequences.

The greatest difficulty, in having a perspective that is not universally realised, is when you are unable to help those that you care about.

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

You can only help yourself ......... others have to do the work themselves ......

Jack has been telling us this since day #1 ........hard pill to swallow but it is so true.

recoen likes this.
  15. drezy

drezy Gold

Yep.

Also maybe you can just arrange for a Mexican party service to have some guy in a Mickey suit show up on the beach.

"See kids, Mickey is here!"

Sergio Valadez and _J_ like this.
  16. _J_

_J_ New Member

:thumbsup:

Perhaps I could get a BOGOF (buy-one-get-one-free) and have a Santa Claus too! ;)

drezy, caroline and Sergio Valadez like this.
  17. _J_

_J_ New Member

I just listened to Jason's conversation on June 2018 Q&A with Jack. An incredibly powerful and moving story. To have experienced so much in life, and yet be able to give so much back, is truly incredible and inspirational.

I have nothing but admiration for both of them.

Thanks Caroline

caroline likes this.
  18. _J_

_J_ New Member

Apologies in advance for this inane post

I have a confession, and its something that gives me recurring nightmares of being at a Jack Kruse dinner event full of "tribe members". You see, I have never eaten an oyster, and thoughts of oyster hors d'oeuvres followed with spaghetti marinara (minus the spaghetti) are leaving me with the feeling that I need to do better and up my shellfish game. I can only try and imagine what crustacean would be served up for dessert.

So, my challenge was to get to grips with these slippery suckers for the first time. Literally.

I strode into my local seafood shop, and walked confidently up to the counter. I asked for oysters, and the question that came back immediately stumped me - "What type?" The first hurdle was a failure, and I tried to work out what was the selection criteria for buying oysters. My thoughts raced towards red wine, and I quickly tried to think what would be the equivalent of tannins and body when looking at an oyster. Unfortunately, my brain was of no help, and I stared blankly at the fishmonger. Helpfully, he added "salty or creamy?" and we navigated our way through the choices of different oysters on sale. Who would have thought that the first challenge was in buying them ? Still, when I looked at the price per kg, I quickly realised that I actually had no prior experience, and therefore no preference, and so simply opted for the cheapest.

On returning home, and armed with a lemon, I sat down and stared carefully at my first 6 oysters. They quietly stared back. I am not sure who was the most nervous between us, but since they had already been perfectly "shucked" by the shop, I took a cautious bet it was them. I quickly hoped that they didn't object being eaten by such a "novice", and with a squeeze of lemon for them all, off I went.

The first was curious. I sort of gulped it down quickly, just in case. What I faintly detected reminded me of a Margarita cocktail - a burst of lemon and salt, and actually not too bad at all. By the second and third, I was taking my time and pleasantly surprised. It was actually tastier than it looked. Perhaps looking fairly odious to eat was just nature's perfect defence mechanism ? Unfortunately for the oyster, the word on the JK forum's meant that they had gained another predator. At the end, I was happy to say that I quite easily enjoyed the experience, more so than I had expected to.

Fortunately for the oyster, it employs an even more powerful natural deterrent which will hold me back from consuming vast quantities.

It is crazy expensive.

PalmBeach1, caroline and drezy like this.
  19. _J_

_J_ New Member

Today, I completed the June 2018 Q&A. It is very special, and has so much information. It means I now have several other side points of interest that I need to follow up on. Caroline had previously recommended this to me, and she was not wrong. I can only recommend it to anyone who comes along after.

It's been almost two weeks since I joined JK as a member. Bearing in mind that I was familiar with JK's podcasts and message for the last 6 months, and had gone through the public blogs and read some of the material. I had thought that I had a fairly good grasp on the material content. When I look at the sheer volume of webinars, Q&A sessions, Patreon blogs, I realise that I know so little and do not yet have the depth of understanding. It is an epic work, and I can see that it is going to take some time. Still, I work on this and continue to try and absorb as much as possible. I am currently reading the EMF-5 blog, which is quite amazing in itself.

One of my most favourite recent activities that I started, is going down to the Pacific ocean each morning on the commute to work, and taking a dip for several minutes. This is my "feel good" moment, and one of many new adaptations in my life to get back in touch with nature. Every time I experience it, I realise that I am in a lucky position to be able to do so. I am looking forward to the challenge of doing this in winter.

caroline likes this.
  20. drezy

drezy Gold

"It is no way to eat oysters. You see the fastidious eater fiddling with them in restaurants, coating them with lemon juice strained through muslin napkins, or dosing them with bizarrely flavored vinegars, or sprinkling them with glowing stains of vermilion Tabasco or some other blindingly, chokingly hot sauce. This is deliberate provocation, designed to refresh the bivalves before death, a little mild torture under which you can sometimes feel that you see the victims wriggle or flinch. Then the diner manipulates spoon and scoop, prising and sliding the oyster out of its bed onto a curl of cold silver. The sheen of the creature clashes with the shine of the cutlery as he raises the slick, slippery mollusk to his lips.

Most people like to eat them that way, but it means they forfeit the full, true oyster moment. Unless you discard the utensils, raise the half-shell to your mouth, throw back your head, scrape the creature from its lair with your teeth, taste its briny juice and squelch it slightly against the palate before swallowing it alive, you deprive yourself of a historic experience. For most of history, oyster eaters enjoyed the slightly fetid, tangy smell of the inside of the shell, undoused with the disguising dressing of aromatic acids. This was the way fourth-century poet and traveler Ausonius liked them, in “their sweet juice, mingled with a sensation of the sea.” Or in the words of a modern oyster expert, your aim is to receive “some piercing intuition of the sea, and all its weeds and breezes…. You are eating the sea, that’s it, only the sensation of a gulp of sea water has been wafted out of it by some sorcery.”

For almost uniquely, in the repertoire of modern Western cuisine, the oyster is eaten uncooked and unkilled. It is the nearest thing we have to “natural” food— the only dish which deserves to be called “au naturel” without irony. Of course, when you eat it in a restaurant, its shell has been barbed and unclamped with all the panoply of civilization by a trained professional, wielding appropriate technology, an inviolable ritual and a stylish flourish. Before that, the oyster was reared underwater on a stone tile or wooden trellis, herded in an oyster bed, grown for years under expert eyes and harvested by practiced hands— not plucked from a rock pool as a prize seized from nature. Still, it is the food that unites us with all our ancestors— the dish you consume in what is recognizably the way people have encountered their nourishment since the first emergence of our species." -- Felipe Fernandez-Armesto in Near A Thousand Tables

That professor enthusiastically answered several of my son's 6th grade report questions about the future of oyster farming in an email response. His book is as awesome as his well written perspective on the uniqueness of eating oysters.