1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Journal on a path to change the world..

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Allanah, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Allanah

Allanah New Member

I'm Allanah Rolph. 15 years old, 5'3" and 160 lbs. (until I started the Leptin reset and gained 10 lbs, probably because I started to actually eat until I was full) I have been overweight since I was young and started taking steroids for my asthma. For the last 1-2 years I have been getting increasingly interested in health, but it wasn't until the last 8 months or so that I discovered the Paleo diet because I became allergic to the whey and casein in milk after my first of two knee surgeries (total ACL and meniscus reconstruction after skiing accident and second one to fix the scar tissue). At my highest weight, after the first surgery which kept me bedridden and on crutches for 2 months I was 5'3" and around 210-215 lbs. After I discovered my new dairy allergy and continued to be overweight even after joining the cross country team I decided to focus on overall health instead of weight and calories. I have lost around 50 lbs to date, but hit a plateau a while after starting the Paleo lifestyle. Not only that, but I was constantly struggling with always wanting food, no matter how "full" I was. My brain always wanted me to eat. So I started looking online and at first I thought I had "food addiction" and I even went to the length of ordering books on the subject, but then I came across the hormone "Leptin." I started researching that and found my way to this blog. The first day I did my BAB with 50 grams of protein, all my cravings were gone. It seemed like a miracle. I ended up having to stop the reset because of uncontrollable circumstances but I started again on January 1 and am eagerly awaiting results. I have hit many roadblocks along the way, such as having a very small selection of seafood (canned salmon and tuna, frozen salmon) but through looking and taking with my parents I've found more (canned clams, mackerel, and oysters one time). Every day is a journey and I'm just doing my best. The biggest problem is that I'm part of a big family (I'm the second oldest out of 6 kids) and my brother was diagnosed with leukemia over 4 years ago so ever since it's been more or less a battle to pay the bills. This makes it hard for my parents to justify paying for the things they think are expensive (coconut oil) but they're starting to understand more every day. I also realized that if I want to live a better life I'm going to have to make sacrifices too, so I pay for some things myself ( blue light blockers, blue light screen filters, skin thermometer for CT, books, etc.) and since I have a job until track season hopefully I'll have everything I need by then. Some other variables out of my control are the amount of nnEMFs since we all have phones, Wi-Fi, etc. But I'm going to start grounding to try to protect myself a little. I will be starting cold thermogenesis once my thermometer comes so I'm excited for that. My life is very busy right now because we live in two different houses and have a 5 day school and work week which I'm not used to so I have a limited time to write and research, but it's what I love so I try to make as much time as I can. I am currently trying to find a way to completely get rid of fluoride from my environment, starting with finding a natural toothpaste. Another limitation is that where I live during the week is 2 hours from the nearest city with actual stores which is good for EMFs but bad for finding natural foods and products. But I'm making it work. Most of my family is very skeptical of most things I do but my brother is starting see the light, I believe that soon he'll understand more about why I do what I do and why I don't eat bananas when there's two feet of snow outside ) he's an athlete though so he does care about his health a little. I want to get some labs done but I don't know if my parents will let me or how much they cost, let alone how to read them so for now I haven't asked yet. I think that once my family starts seeing results from Leptin Rx they will start to believe in this idea more. I hope they do because I don't want to outlive them because I'm the only one who listened to Jack.

I call this the journal on ts path change the world because that's what I want to do when I grow up. I feel privileged to be in the position that I'm in because I am learning all these things at a young age, before I've made any big life decisions. What I mean by this is that although I may not understand everything on the blog right now, I will someday and I can choose to help people. I don't know what I want to go to college for because obviously medical school isn't going to be much help but if I get a degree in some kind of science maybe that's what it would take to get people to listen, maybe I'll just be the moderator for people who will never understand Jack's blog, but no matter what I do I know it's going to help people like my grandpa who passed from cancer even though he was a "healthy" guy. He ate fruits and veggies, went on walks every day, and was a doctor himself. He loved in Canada though so he was constantly bombarded by nnEMFs and had huge environmental mismatches from eating bananas in winter, but he had no idea. He thought he was healthy. This is why I want to educate people. I just first have to educate myself.:)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    Jenelle, caroline, cmegan and 5 others like this.
  2. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Great post above! Amazing wisdom and perception too about this journey were are all on. For us that are parents, we are actively teaching our children about the 3-legged stool: sun, water and electromagnetism. So there should be many more in the future that also have acquired the knowledge of quantum bio. My son is pretty funny... for a seven-year old, he went to sleep tonight telling me a make-believe story about melatonin muffins and what happened to a guy that ate them...knocking him out for 3 years after the first bite. My son actively blue-blocks every night on his own! :)

Thanks for sharing your story! It was a great inspiration to read. Perspective is everything. Most of us are here because of various ailments that have plagued us in the past or at present. Many of us are biology-geeks like myself and have the natural instinct and yearn to learn. I see you've already stumbled onto that key when you said you might not understand now, but will in the future... it's can be a lot to absorb over many years, and the science itself often shifts and changes too. Making it a point on a continual basis, the connections, processes and information eventually sucks itself into the brain. I'm looking forward to the students that enlighten and challenge their AP Bio and Chemistry teachers, and even college professors that are stuck in an older-scientific rut... I love moments when the teacher becomes the student and the student is the teacher. :)

Mystic Rose60 likes this.
  3. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

Wow Allanah! What an inspiring story coming from a young lady of 15! Thank you for sharing with us!:)

4. Allanah

Allanah New Member

Thanks Scompy and Mystic Rose!
    Those are some good points about science Scompy. :)

Mystic Rose60 likes this.
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Great journal Allanah!

You can make your own toothpaste - lots of tips on line.

Allanah likes this.
  6. Allanah

Allanah New Member

Thanks Caroline! I'll look into that! ;)

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

I think the latest recipe I saw was coconut oil and baking soda and a drop of peppermint oil. Lots cheaper!
    lately I have seen turmeric added too - don't know about that one tho. It is supposed to give you very white teeth but I seem to stain everything a tumeric colour when cooking!

There is a great recipe for tumeric paste in the recipe section here ...... For putting on shrimp etc.
    Fitness posted that one .....it is so good!

Lahelada likes this.
  8. Allanah

Allanah New Member

Thanks Caroline! I don't use fluoridated chemical-laden toothpaste anymore! :)

caroline likes this.
  9. Allanah

Allanah New Member

Update #1: Scores Galore!
    Hey guys! (I cannot explain how much I am loving this blog/forum, it's my one time I can talk about all my "crazy" beliefs without criticism:))
    My life is the busiest it has been in a while, so it's hard for me to even check my own threads, let alone continue to learn more, but I'm doing my best. Even so, I got sick a few days ago (I thought it was strep, I'm not sure- but I told mom I'm not going to the doctor and taking antibiotics so I wasn't tested;), score one for natural health!) so I'm finally getting to update!
    I finally received my first sets of blue-blockers! My brother bought a pair too, he's finally understanding the effects of artificial light (score #2!) I have been wearing them the whole time I've been inside with blue light, and it amazes me the differences I already notice!
    Although I haven't been feeling the best, I decided to go on a barefoot walk outside today, since it was nice (50 degrees F... score #3) and though it became painful near the end (out driveway is long and rocky) it was a good experience. I'm somewhat ashamed to say that this was only my second barefoot adventure this year as the snow has been at least 6 inches and my parents aren't exactly supportive of all of this, but I did walk barefoot home in the snow once.. that was fun.:) Anyway, my brother and I walked the 1/4 mile down and back from out house to our mail box to pick up score #4, my blue light filtering screen protectors for my iPod. Although I didn't get him to walk barefoot because he doesn't yet believe "all that electron garbage" he did take his shirt off to get as much vitamin D as possible, so I'll take what I can get.
    Another score is that my family (especially my dad) are starting to see things more in this light, last weekend my dad took me grocery shopping and we picked up.. wait for it.. seafood! We went to Walmart (not the best, I know, but the best we can do for now.. especially where we live!) and picked up salmon, calamari, a seafood mix, canned sardines and oysters in water, and onions, SINCE THEY'RE ALWAYS IN SEASON. (I just learned that and got very excited. ;) Sorry if I'm writing or sound like a child, but I kind of am, and this stuff makes me excited, so that's the result.) AND not only did I get sone of the things I've been wanting, but we picked up healthier options for the family, too. Instead of noodles, we got beans. Instead of cereal, we got eggs. We also got coconut flour, milk, and oil, and RAW almonds. (those have been very hard for us to find, but our Sam's just started carrying them;)) Although obviously not optimal yet, but I'm glad my family is on it's way. Or at least less suboptimal.
    Also, this week, thanks in part to Caroline and in part to the world wide web, I have stopped using toxic fluoridated toothpaste and instead use a coconut oil, baking soda, cocoa powder, and mint extract concoction that's wayyy better. (still have to get over the super salty-like baking soda taste, but it's still better than chemicals and fluoride ;))
    Although not completely related to this blog, but also good news for me, my hair has finally gone through the transition phase in the "no-poo" journey and now I can wash with water only (score like #10) AND I got a boar bristle brush to distribute the natural oils through my hair.. so in short, Amazon has made my week pretty great.
    Arriving next week, hopefully Monday, will be my IR Skin Thermometer so I can FINALLY start CT safely, without my parents being concerned, hopefully. (I probably won't tell them unless they ask anyway..)
    We may even start ordering products in (my dad seems to like the idea) so it's not so stressful when we're short on time and I can actually get what I want without the fuss. We also found a small natural/organic co-op where I found coconut aminos, actual cacao powder, cacao nibs, Bragg's organic, raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar, and many other great things. (grass-fed bison for me to buy someday!)
    PLUS I almost forgot to metion, through thriftbooks.com (I HIGHLY recommend that website) I got my copy of The Body Electric, Electromagnetism and Life, and Electromagnetic Fields. (The total for all those books was less than or around $15, AND shipping is free on orders over $10, so that's hard to beat.) Anyway, I'm on my way to understanding life even better. :)
    Overall, it's just been a great week overall on my journey to optimal, and no one really understands these things except the people on here, so since I had time I decided to share it with you guys. Not that it's actually inspirational, but I was getting frusterated in my position until all these things rolled together, and reflecting on this week has even made me more hopeful for the future, so maybe I'll look back when I'm discouraged and see this and keep going forward.
    Stay on the path to optimal guys! :)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    Jenelle, Rubicon and Lahelada like this.
  10. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Inspirational it is ! Well done you! You have achieved so many things in so little time that I can only congratulate you. You are rocking it;

11. Allanah

Allanah New Member

Thanks Lah! :rolleyes::) I am doing my best! This is why I love the blog/forum, the support by people like you is unbelievable! :love:

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

You are a very special young lady Allanah!

I took my own advice yesterday and got some peppermint oil and 3 kilos of baking soda!

We have been travelling up the New South Wales coast towards the Queensland border. There is a huge counterculture up this way ... people living off the grid.

I got very excited yesterday in an IGA store ......all kinds of great products - every thing imaginable with coconut oil!

We were able to get a large bag of natural stevia powder at a co op store that sells to a lot of cafes etc. it is sooooo much better than what you can buy regularly. It is a green colour and looks like fine grass clippings! And it tastes awesome.

13. Allanah

Allanah New Member

I'll look into that caroline! What brand of stevia do you buy? What do you use it for?

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

I buy stevia at a grocery store usually .....but what we just bought is a much more natural product. I use it in coffee and tea.

Sorry, I can't remember the name .....it is packed away in the car somewhere! We are still travelling - so when I find it I will let you know!

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

How do you change the world? Focus.

Focus on the right things and let go of the wrong ones.

Don't confuse intensity for passion and challenge for attraction when solving problems. The time function we invest that eventually leads to mastery is dependent on the intensity of our focus. Sometimes you gotta make love to a subject with a focus and intensity that most people reserve for sleep. https://www.jackkruse.com/ubiquitin-rx-implications-for-mankind/

[​IMG]

16. Allanah

Allanah New Member

Ok caroline!

Thank you Dr. Kruse. I'll go read that right now.