1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Journal for Anna Vargo - Sleep, Irritable Bladder, Sinus, Headaches

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Anna Vargo, Dec 6, 2021.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

I used to do a fish head smoothy and I could manage that ...as long as I put in ice and fresh herbs and a bit of fresh lemon juice. Maybe sardines would world that way?
    We were out for dinner the other nite and there was fresh grilled sardines on the menu - I should have ordered that - but didn't.

The key is the glass of malbec behind it!

I do love grilled oysters with parmesan cheese and melted butter - but I still struggle to do raw.

Anna Vargo likes this.
  2. Penny

Penny New Member

You are THERE! There could be nothing worse than a fish head smoothie:)

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

have you tried one?

4. @caroline - @Penny probably enjoys it like Smeagol in "The Hobbit", he loves his fish "raw and wiggling" ;)

Anna Vargo likes this.
  5. Note on: "but I am in a constant tiny battle with my husband who doesn't like how dark I've made the house."

As my daughters grew up in our home, I had installed UV lighting for the day, amber lighting for sunset, red lights for evenings studying time, and salt rock lighting for when all the lights were out.

Perhaps your husband could come on board with some combination of lighting. He may be developing sight problems. Is he having trouble driving at night yet?

6. Anna Vargo

Anna Vargo New Member

I like your gradual approach. Did your daughters complain about getting sleepier and they can't see anything? I explained to him this is a good thing but he doesn't see it yet. His night driving has not changed. In fact, I think my ability to tolerate the headlights has gotten worse, not his. Maybe I am just more aware.

My husband thinks I am getting a little weirder every day :rolleyes: but he always manages to come around so I need to be patient. I bought one light for sunset in the family room. My bedroom is red light once it is dark. Ironically, my son has been staying with us a few days and liked less light at dinner. He felt calmer after a stressful day. Go figure!

John Schumacher likes this.
  7. Anna Vargo

Anna Vargo New Member

Thanks, I love my walks. About the sleep, really?! This would help me feel better. I haven't tried an Oura ring so I don't know my sleep stats but everyone says "you should be sleeping through the night". It does concern me even though I do feel very rested in the morning. Most nights I can fall back asleep but if I have had 5-6 hours of sleep, it is much harder. For example, last night I could not keep my eyes open and literally went to bed at 7:45 PM. I woke up around 11 PM, used the restroom and then went right back to sleep. Woke up two hours later (2:15 AM), used the restroom and could not fall back asleep. I took L Theanine and about 45 minutes later I fell asleep until 5:15 and felt totally rested. There are so many opinions. I just want to know why I am getting up three hours after going to sleep to use the restroom. I don't drink anything after 5:30.

8. Anna Vargo

Anna Vargo New Member

Yep, I think I am getting plenty of DHA so not sure why I have to get up to pee 1-2 X a night. I eat seafood with DHA every morning. I take 300 mg Progesterone. It hasn't helped much with sleep. DHEA (188) and D (78)are great. Pregnenalone, hmm, I have not tried. I know 5G is due to come but it's not here yet. We moved out to the country a year ago and living in a fairly small subdivision. There is much less overall wifi but absolutely it is here. We shut our wifi off at 11 with an automatic kill switch. I want to make it around 9.

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I think I am getting plenty of DHA so not sure why I have to get up to pee 1-2 X a night.
    ==============
    Your vassopressin ADH (Antidiuretic hormone) may be too low.

Possibly on 24hr basis you are drinking too much.

Get ADH tested at LabCorp

You want to have ADH =2 or somewhat more.

You can adjust ADH by reducing water intake.

There is also
    Desmopressin Acetate
    ----------
    About Desmopressin Acetate, (it is available by prescription.
    It may be too strong.
    ---------------------------------------------
    More diluted drug was supposed to be produced. Noctiva
    I do not know if it is already available.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

March 3, 2017

FDA approves first treatment for frequent urination at night due to overproduction of urine

https://www.excelmale.com/showthrea...ation-at-night-due-to-overproduction-of-urine

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Noctiva (desmopressin acetate) nasal spray for adults who awaken at least two times per night to urinate due to a condition known as nocturnal polyuria (overproduction of urine during the night). Noctiva is the first FDA-approved treatment for this condition.

--------------------------

https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/News...ivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

FDA approves first treatment for frequent urination at night due to overproduction of urine

Noctiva is taken daily, approximately 30 minutes before going to bed. It works by increasing the absorption of water through the kidneys, which leads to less urine production.

http://www.rxlist.com/noctiva-drug/medication-guide.htm

NOCTIVA™
    (nok-tee-va)
    (desmopressin acetate) Nasal Spray
    0.83 mcg/0.1 mL and 1.66 mcg/0.1 mL

Important: NOCTIVA is for use in your nose (intranasal) only.
    upload_2021-12-17_11-43-13.png
    What is the most important information I should know about NOCTIVA?

NOCTIVA may cause serious side effects, including:

• Low levels of salt (sodium) in your blood (hyponatremia) can happen with NOCTIVA.
    DESMOPRESSIN 0.1 MG/ML SPRAY - NASAL

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2013/021333s007lbl.pdf

Desmopressin Acetate Nasal Spray, 10 mcg per 0.1 mL

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
  10. When we look into our sleep rhythm -
    We know there supposed to be "four stages" of sleep: three of them are considered non-REM and one REM sleep.
    Stage 1 typically last 1 to 7 minutes
    Stage 2 - 10 to 25 minutes
    Stage 3 - 20 to 40 minutes
    REM sleep – 1 to 5 minutes​
    Let’s do the math: This could range from 32 to 77 minutes (1 hour 17 minutes).
    Last night you “clockin” around 2 hours 15 minutes. (that could be two cycles) However, what a lot of “sleep experts” say, is that you’re skipping or missing one or more of the stages of sleep. Without a descent sleep tracker like the Oura ring you won’t know.

So, the main question is what to do…
    A lot of people have found these ideas helpful -

Surprise, surprise - BDNF expression of Nerve Growth Factor in somatosensory cortical neurons occurs while we sleep in darkness. https://www.dovepress.com/nerve-gro...e-chronobi-peer-reviewed-fulltext-article-CPT

So perhaps a better question maybe: How do we enhance BDNF expression of Nerve Growth Factor during sleep rather than just "trying" to find drugs or supplements to "improve" sleep?

Penny likes this.
  11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2021-12-17_11-56-24.png

Anna Vargo likes this.
  12. Anna Vargo

Anna Vargo New Member

A lot to read here, thank you so much! I will read and learn. I have taken a break from HIIT workouts until January due to Leptin RX but I know they induce more BDNF. If I were to guess, it is usually about 3 hours in between my wake ups so maybe two sleep cycles and then I wake up to use the restroom.

13. Anna Vargo

Anna Vargo New Member

Thanks for sharing. I know you agree and just trying to help but I would like to avoid any medications because they always have side effects, but it is something to consider and good to know it exists. Based on what I am reading about it, people will use it if they are getting up 5-10+ times a night.
    Thanks again!

14. Penny

Penny New Member

Plus, Big Pharma is now putting hydrogel in everything... I wouldn't take any drugs these days - JK also raves about salt - eat a tsp of salt when you get up - and when you get up to pee, eat a small amount of salt - the more salt you require, the more a mess you are... I love ham:) And Kalamata olives:)

15. Penny

Penny New Member

Well, there ya go... you must go to wired - get rid of all smart meters as they are mm waves that alter your DNA - any "smart" appliances - maybe unplug them - it's a brave new world and these bastards are very tricky with their IOT... I have also had some luck with DHEA at night - there is a nice blog post on it -

16. Please consider "Continuous Variable Resistance".
    Exercise is fundamentally Piezoelectric force, where we charge up our batteries (muscle are electromagnetic capacitors). The best exercises are those you will do every day of you life.

Neuromuscular and hormonal responses to variable resistance loadings

Anna Vargo likes this.
  17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Desmopressin Acetate Nasal Spray 10mcg/0.1mL 5mL (californiapetpharmacy.com)

upload_2021-12-17_12-1-2.png

////////////////////////////
    but I would like to avoid any medications because
    ============================================
    I think that you may benefit from getting to know your ADH level.

After you know that, you will be in the better position of making (informed) choices.

Right now
    all are speculations.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Antidiuretic Hormone (ADH) Profile Blood Test | Walk-In Lab (walkinlab.com)

https://www.walkinlab.com/products/view/antidiuretic-hormone-adh-profile-blood-test

Test Code: 046557

Also Known As: ADH, Arginine Vasopressin, AVP, Vasopressin

Methodology: ADH: radioimmunoassay (RIA); osmolality: freezing point depression

Preparation: No fasting required. No isotopes administered 24 hours prior to venipuncture.

Test Results: 5-7 days. May take longer based on weather, holiday or lab delays.

upload_2021-12-17_16-29-30.png

18. Anna Vargo

Anna Vargo New Member

Interesting and I agree. Crazy that I have asked doctors about my night wake ups for 10 years and this was never mentioned. I have to go back in to get my Leptin rechecked so I can check this as well. Was this your result?

19. Anna Vargo

Anna Vargo New Member

Cool, I will!

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

If your doctor had a pill that would cure you forewer,
    do you think he would be crazy enough to give it to you? (And loose his way of getting income.)
    Doctors are trained (I should say hypnotized) in such a way that they are not able to help their own mothers.

======
    @Jack Kruse is talking about that all the time.

IIRC testing leptin is not need

upload_2021-12-17_18-27-3.png

Anna Vargo and John Schumacher like this.