1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Journal for Anna Vargo - Sleep, Irritable Bladder, Sinus, Headaches

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Anna Vargo, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Anna Vargo

Anna Vargo New Member

Hello! I am excited to be here. I just started following this forum Nov. 2021. Little late to the game but better late than never! The information from Dr. Kruse and people willing to help is simply amazing. I hope to learn a lot and hopefully help someone along the way.

In 2016 this journey of healing began for me. I went to my husband and said “I know you think I am already a health nut but I am not doing something right. I should be feeling great and I feel worse every day”. Turns out I was doing everything wrong. I took classes on Integrative Nutrition and became certified in Integrative Nutrition Coaching only to find out everything I was taught was dead wrong.

The first time I saw healing was in late 2016 when I started eating Low Carb/High Fat. I have been on different phases of a low carb/ keto/keto carnivore WOE for 5 years and my main goal has been to prevent Diabetes and Alzheimer's both which are very prevalent in my family history. Mom suffered with Alzheimer’s since mid 60’s and passed away in her 70’s. What is even worse is three of her sisters went down the same path. Thankfully, one aunt is still alive and sharp. My dad and his family all had a form of diabetes. Dad died of a stroke due to diabetes at 59. I have experienced many improvements from a LCHF WOE (below) but looking to further optimize and discover why I still have some unresolved issues.

I just started down this Quantum path (sunrise, sunshine, Leptin RX, grounding,etc.) about 3 months ago so I suspect there is a LOT more good stuff to come.

Issues Resolved or much improved:
    Pre Diabetes
    Hypothyroidism
    Hormone Imbalance
    IBS C
    Low Energy
    Constant Hunger
    Peripheral Neuropathy
    Heavy metals - used to have high mercury, infrared sauna resolved

Resolved with LCHF WOE:
    Energy returned after 2 years Low Carb
    No longer Pre Diabetic
    Thyroid and Hormones no longer tanked with BHRT (2 years)
    Peripheral Neuropathy in feet and ankles 99% gone
    Spider veins disappearing
    Constipation completely resolved
    Hunger mostly improved but still crave sweets and creamy fats
    Bloating and gas improving recently

Unresolved Issues:
    No longer pre diabetic but fasting BS is still high 90's
    Irregular Sleep (wake up 1-2 X a night even with 3 months of light therapy)
    Irritable Bladder - excessive urination especially in the morning, some incontinence
    Persistent Sinus Issues (nose always running)
    Can’t lose last 15 pounds
    Headaches come and go - seem to be related to sinus issues
    Hair loss has slowed down but still thin
    Very low leptin (.8 non-fasted)

I have very low leptin ( .8 non fasted) and trying to find out why and working on the Leptin RX. I am having a hard time eating before 10 AM. I almost feel nauseous to eat before 10 am. I am working on it. BHRT about two years ago, sunrise, sunset now for 3 months. Huge attitude and energy boost . Grounding for 30 minutes a day for a week. I am taking cold showers, building up to cold plunges. My wish list: better hormone status, better sleep, sinus issues resolved, would love to lose 12 pounds & of course Alzheimer's prevention.

Also, I just learned I am haplotype j1d. Look forward to learning more about what this means in terms of light, magnetism and water. My Mom and grandmother was at latitude 37.81. I am currently at 40.28 in Ohio.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
    JanSz likes this.
  2. Nice to meet you @Anna Vargo
    Congrads on all your improvements.
    If you don't mine may I jump to Unresolved Issues:

No longer pre diabetic but fasting BS is still high 90's
    This typically means its a bigger problem than just a metabolic "diet" issue; but as Dr @Jack Kruse says - It has more to do with your "redox potential"

Irregular Sleep (wake up 1-2 X a night even with 3 months of light therapy)
    This typically means your circadian clock is off

Irritable Bladder - excessive urination especially in the morning, some incontinence
    This typically can be addressed with light therapy
    Transvaginal Photobiomodulation for the Treatment of Chronic Pelvic Pain: A Pilot Study
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8617585/
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...t-a-disease-damn-it.25242/page-11#post-299191
    Persistent Sinus Issues (nose always running)
    Can’t lose last 15 pounds
    Typically this has not to do with how much exercise you do
    It is more an indicator of your hormonal metabolism not just leptin, insulin, but the hormones of your adrenals, thyroid, and pituitary.
    How do you fix that you may ask?
    When our mitochondria misfire and the voltage potential moves from -200 mV to zero, the cell's voltage flips -> this is the beginning of disease. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3634644/

In order to heal and repair, our cells’ voltage needs to be greater (negatively speaking) than -50mV. Some doctors say, -200mV. So what's this negative all about, I thought positive is good and negative is bad. <- Nope

When a cell begins its downward spiral, the voltage will move from negative to positive. Once this value passes zero, the polarity flips. You move from health to disease. So, when your cell's clocking in at or above +50mV, it's in cancer territory.

There three elements for increasing our cellular "Energy" quotient
    · Photoelectric force
    · Biochemical-electrical force / signaling
    · Piezoelectric force

You know by now our photoelectric force comes from <- our sun. Our cells when they are built on the “correct” ingredients are able absorb photons from the sun and convert them to electrical potential. Just a review, these building blocks are fatty acids DHA, proteins with ECF phospholipid bilayers composed primarily of DHA and minerals bound to carbon molecules. So, what does that mean again: cold water “sea food”, oysters, crustaceans, fish.

Photobiomodulation https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/1900-links-for-pbm-studies.26673 is huge.

As you know, your sunrise therapy is most critical for programming all your hormones. Make sure you do not expose your skin nor eyes to another light before the sun rises -> this includes your devices. This first light exposure sets your biological clock, light is at the top of Dr. Jack Kruse's protocols.

Bottomline: Raise your voltage, improve your redox

Headaches come and go - seem to be related to sinus issues
    Typically this has to do with mycotoxins that have made their way into your sinus
    Hair loss has slowed down but still thin
    Hair loss or graying is typically a nutritional absorption issue
    Very low leptin (.8 non-fasted)
    Understanding your hormone levels is important; however the "science" for handling the results is still experimental by practitioners.​

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    Anna Vargo likes this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Post tests

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Anna and welcome to journal land.

Anna Vargo likes this.
  5. Anna Vargo

Anna Vargo New Member

Thank you so much for all of this information. I am overwhelmed with gratitude. I will digest and learn for a bit and, if it is ok, respond with questions or clarifications. I look forward to digging in to Dr. Kruse's work and all of the links you share. :D

John Schumacher likes this.
  6. Anna Vargo

Anna Vargo New Member

Thanks Caroline!:)

caroline likes this.
  7. Anna Vargo

Anna Vargo New Member

This is deep but after reading Jack's post on redox, I clearly need to improve my sunlight and my water. I thought fasting blood sugar in the 90's was mostly caused by a high sugar diet the last 35 years of my life. Will this get my fasting blood sugar below 88? How long does it usually take?

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Rather than watching blood sugar, (or cholesterol)
    check
    fasting insulin
    homocysteine
    agatston cardiac score

Anna Vargo and John Schumacher like this.
  9. Fasting blood sugar is an easy measure, but as you can tell, that doesn't make it easy to fix.
    It is more an indicator of your hormonal metabolism not just leptin, insulin, but the hormones of your adrenals, thyroid, and pituitary.
    How's you "vitamin" D3 & melatonin levels? If they are low even after changing up you sunlight protocols, your liver & kidneys may also not be optimal. If that's you, you may want to consider -

Photobiomodulation https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/1900-links-for-pbm-studies.26673
    Improving Liver & Kidney function falls in the "Biochemical-electrical force / signaling" catagory

One of the things you can try is to improve your COX pathway.
    upload_2021-12-13_15-24-55.png
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3081099/

Prostaglandin-endoperoxide synthase (PTGS) is an enzyme that is responsible for formation of prostandoids,such as prostacyclin from arachidonic acid.
    Prostacyclin: A Vascular Mediator is stimulated by myricetin.

Cyclooxygenase (COX) enzymes are how PTGS make their ATP.

Myricetin stimulates prostacyclin which is a prostandoid.
    It has been studied as “A Dietary Molecule with Diverse Biological Activities” -
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4772053/

Dihydromyricetin is a form of myricetin.
    Dihydromyricetin improves glucose and lipid metabolism and exerts anti-inflammatory effects in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: A randomized controlled trial -
    Recent Update on the Pharmacological Effects and Mechanisms of Dihydromyricetin - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6209623/ The detailed mechanisms may be associated with several different molecules involved in cellular apoptosis, oxidative stress, and inflammation, such as AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK), mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK), protein kinase B (Akt), nuclear factor-κB (NF-κB), nuclear factor E2-related factor 2 (Nrf2), ATP-binding cassette transporter A1 (ABCA1), peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ (PPARγ).

upload_2021-12-13_15-36-34.png

So how do you get your hands on this stuff? ->

Back to your question: How long does it usually take?
    Unknown​

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
    Anna Vargo likes this.
  10. Anna Vargo

Anna Vargo New Member

Changes that occurred in one year on BHRT. I would love to go off BHRT one day but concerned because I tried for three years to improve these numbers and it wasn't until I took bioidentical hormones that they started to budge. I know it is important for Alzheirmer's prevention so willing to do what it takes. Progesterone, DHEA and Estradiol are most improved.

TSH was 2.75, recently .55
    Testosterone was 9, now 24
    Free T3 was 2.3, now 2.8
    DHEA was 33 now 188
    Progesterone was .5, now 11.6
    Estradiol was less than 15, now 45

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You should give up the idea of giving up taking care of your health.
    BHRT is one of the items on the list.
    List that has number of items, where all of them are #1.

John Schumacher likes this.
  12. Prioritizes - thank you @JanSz
    How would you recommend for @Anna Vargo -> which set of tests will provide a better sense of how she is really doing "inside" and help point to which "issue" to work on in a prioritized manner?

Anna Vargo and JanSz like this.
  13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

1. Everyone is a CEO of her/his health and happiness program, doctors are "just" advisors, they should be listened to or not.
    So proper mindset helps

2. DUTCHtest.com
    has large amount of videos with detailed situations
    DUTCHtest is available by mail, no need for doctor's assistance, but it is available

3. Spectracell.com
    gives (functional) analysis of multitude of highly importamd health indicators
    Available by mail or via doctors' assistance. Available in USA and UK.

4. My LabCorp tests (had problems with other laboratories).
    Tests are available by buying (cheaper) prescription over internet
    or via doctor's script
    I currently use this one

upload_2021-12-14_11-32-27.png

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

/////////////////////////////////////

Hormone Monitoring:

Sex Hormone Testing

Adrenal Hormone Testing

Oral Progesterone Monitoring

Oral Estrogen Monitoring

Vaginal Hormone Monitoring

Monitoring Patches, Pellets, and Injections

Sublingual Hormone Monitoring

Topical Hormone Monitoring

DUTCH vs Traditional Lab Testing:

Introduction to DUTCH

Serum Comparison

Saliva Comparison

24-hr Urine Comparison
    ===============

Bioidentical USP Progesterone Cream
    https://www.womenshealthnetwork.com/shop/cart.aspx

Anna Vargo and John Schumacher like this.
  14. Anna Vargo

Anna Vargo New Member

Thank you
    Awesome, thank you for all the info. I am not following you on your 2nd quote.

On the second response, I have some numbers for you. Fasting insulin is less than 2, homocysteine used to be 9 but now ranges from 5-7. Where do I get an agatson cardiac score? Is it the same as a CAC score? If yes, my score was zero.

15. Anna Vargo

Anna Vargo New Member

Spectracell information is great. Was that personalized to you?

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Agatston score
    it is the same as a CAC score, zero is excellent.
    Make sure to remain of it your doc when he asks you to use statins.
    ------------------------------------------

Anna Vargo ----Unresolved Issues:
    No longer pre diabetic but fasting BS is still high 90's----do not worry about it
    Irregular Sleep (wake up 1-2 X a night even with 3 months of light therapy)---- get up at sunrise look at the sky, check melatonin (DUTCHtest.com)
    Irritable Bladder - excessive urination especially in the morning, some incontinence-----check your E3, may be low, kegel
    Persistent Sinus Issues (nose always running)------I had that when in Poland, immigrated to NYC, found clean air there
    Can’t lose last 15 pounds ----do not worry about it
    Headaches come and go - seem to be related to sinus issues ------low progesterone?
    Hair loss has slowed down but still thin--------low IGF-1 ??
    Very low leptin (.8 non-fasted)----do not worry about it

17. Anna Vargo

Anna Vargo New Member

By the way, I also did a dutch test in 2017. It was helpful but confusing. The Natropath I was working with explained most of it but I still felt like I needed someone who could tell me more about the results.

18. Welcome to the new science of lab tests, evaluation and recommended paths to supplemental improvement.
    • Understanding your hormone levels is important; however the "science" for handling the results is still experimental by practitioners.
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...is-it-wrapped-in-our-human-environment.25380/

Anna Vargo likes this.
  19. Anna Vargo

Anna Vargo New Member

Thank you again. I did use the CAC score as additional proof back in 2019. Doc then came back with my Apolipoprotein B too high at 135 and "sticky blood is dangerous". I never could come up with anything to refute it so he may be right. I talked to a cardiologist who said I have to look at all factors not just Apo B and LDL. My LDL was 186, HDL 98, Triglycerides 34 and fasting insulin was less than 2. I think I am a Lean Mass Hyper Responder but would love to know your thoughts based on all your experience and seeing so much data on here. By the way, I no longer see that doctor for several reasons. I still haven't replaced him because I haven't found a doc in Central Ohio who I like and isn't pushing drugs as a first line therapy. Thanks!

20. Anna Vargo

Anna Vargo New Member

I had melatonin checked in 2017 and it was low. I need to get it checked again.