1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Journal. First sharing current issue & seeking input on next step - antibiotics?

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Gina R, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Gina R

Gina R New Member

Hi and thanks in advance for reading!

(Posted Journal July 10th, 2018. Updated again 9/26/2018.

I'm not sure how to start this but I'm going to upload my recent GI Effects stool test labs and NutrEval Plasma as that's what I'm currently trying to navigate my next step regarding those results. I am a NTP and although I know a bit and have navigated quite a bit on my health journey, I am beyond my scope with what to next. I had reached out to another functional practitioner and I have their recs but I'm curious about another opinion before I start antibiotics which is what they suggested...

Basic Info:

37 yo female, will be 38 in october, single, business owner, NTP
    history of "Ulcerative Colitis" Diagnosis and conventional meds (prednisone, 6MP, asacol, colozal), including almost 5ys of Remicade from age 19 to age 30. Got off all rx "UC meds" 2011, flared 2013 and did DIY FMTs which turned my flare completely around) and since then no "classic UC symptoms".
    Lived in Maryland between DC and Baltimore all my life. End of July/Early August, temporarily relocating (literally packing my car and going) to Austin, TX but will also be in Hondo, TX for half the time. ***UPDATE 9/26/2018 - I RELOCATED TO AUSTIN MID AUGUST, TRADED IN MY PRIUS PRIOR TO ROAD TRIP FOR 2008 RAV4 NO WHISTLES, NO BT. I SPEND AS MUCH TIME AS I CAN AT RANCH. NO CHANGE WITH BEING AT RANCH CONSISTENTLY FOR ABOUT 2ish WEEKS.***

K2a haplotype

Top current health concerns:
    • "neuro/cognitive episodes" (paired with fatigue) that started late April 2018 after a flight to Austin, TX and then after May 2 following a flight back home to Baltimore, MD. The best way to describe it when it's happening, it feels like the onset of a mushroom trip --- visual disturbances (less peripheral vision, and extreme fixation/notice on certain details), brainfog, poor memory, poor concentration, poor focus, finger touch/sensation is off, feel "clumsy" with walking, bumping into things, basically feeling like the onset of magic mushrooms... When it's really bad, I don't feel like I can drive and when I am so out of it, I don't leave the house. Some background about mushroom use, I had been micro-dosing for about 8 months plus taking 1.5-1.75 grams once/month or once every couple months. HOWEVER, during my trip in Austin in April 2018, I took 1.75 grams twice in a 4-day time span. But, the first ever episode happened the day I landed and BEFORE I took any mushrooms in those 2 times. So, I'm not sure if there's any cause/effect relationship there....These episodes last varying lengths --- first one in Austin lasted 3 days, next one in Maryland lasted 2.5 weeks, then 9 days of feeling 80% normal, then next one in Maryland lasted 2 weeks. When I'm "in an episode", it's constant. Out of a scale of 0-5 intensity, it can be .5/1 out of 5 up to 4 out of 5. ***UPDATE 9/26/2018, STILL PERSISTING. THE SAME. I'VE BEEN OUT AT A RANCH 2 HOURS FROM AUSTIN AND WAS HOPING THIS ENVIRONMENT WOULD BE HELPFUL, SO FAR, NO IMPROVEMENTS.***

• abdominal distention/bloat for about 2 years now. On and off but last 8 months or so, consistently distended no matter what I eat. Previously tried low-fodmap and I thought I had some relief but that didn't last more than 4 months or so. Prior practitioner suspected SIBO, said test was negative Spring 2017. There's more history here but trying to keep to most relevant. Currently very distended and stools are Bristol 6-7 with other daily GI distress. ***UPDATE 9/26/2018, STILL PERSISTING THE SAME***

• "fungal" issues toes/toenails that has been going on for almost 10 years but increasing in severity last year or so, affecting all toenails except one. Previously, lots of oozing sores on the toes, between toes. Toes are sometimes red/purple if cold or really hot. Nails were turning all yellow, thick, discolored. However, as of July, there is evidence of re-growth of normal toenail. All but my right big toe are almost 85% normal and regrown. (In late April/early May, I cut out all fermented foods & kombucha and was applying iodine topically. ***UPDATE 9/26/2018 - TOES AND TOENAILS ARE "NORMAL". I HAVEN'T SEEN THEM THIS NORMAL SINCE 2004-ish. THIS IS GOOD NEWS. NEW NAILS STARTED GROWING OUT AFTER I CUT OUT ALL FERMENTS AND APPLIED SOME IODINE.***

• missed menstrual cycles. I was regular for about 5 years until April 2017 after I traveled to the Middle East and didn't get my period there which I should have. Since April 2017 to July 2018, I've only had 6 periods. Last cycle was March 2018. ***UPDATE 9/26/2018 - I MISSED APRIL, MAY, JUNE & JULY. I GOT A PERIOD IN AUGUST AND SEPTEMBER 2018 :) ***

• facial puffiness/body composition puffiness. I realize this will normalize when I feel better in other ways.

Daily priorities:
    • Morning sunlight 30-60 minutes and I go out even in overcast + mid-day sun when it's out (most times in bathing suit) and evening walk to sun-gaze sunset or after sunset. I need to be better at doing this in the winter here in Maryland but I do this now consistently and I also will be temporarily relocating to Texas anyways so i won't have to worry about lack of sun in the winter. Red light at night, redjuvenator, wear blue blockers after sun-down and anti-glare glasses when in artificial light during the day, acupressure mat 3-4x/week, epsom salt baths 1-2x/week. I wake on my own about 6am. Acupuncture about 1/week.
    • I haven't done any form of exercise since mid April 2018 before my trip to Austin.
    • RO water + liquid minerals added.
    • Currently taking naps almost daily.
    • "Paleo" diet + egg yolks, white rice, ghee. Was eating some forms of organic corn but stopped when recent LRA revealed strong reaction. (The first food template I did was GAPS, then Paleo, then AIP for about a year and recently swung back out into "paleo".) Working on keeping complex carbs higher than in years past but still keeping fat high. Also working on increasing seafood.
    • Working on decreasing nnEMF by decreasing amount of time WIFI is on in house (can't do anything about the smart meter in my rental). Also, seeing if I can trade in my prius with an equal $ swap for a non electric vehicle.
    • ***UPDATE 9/26/2018 - TRADED IN PRIUS FOR 2008 RAV4 NO WHISTLES, NO BT, GOT GROUNDING STRAP.***
    • ***UPDATE 9/26/2018 - STARTED CT VIA FREEZER COLD PLUNGES. HAVE DONE 3 @ 60 degrees from 6-15 minutes so far. Working my way down in temp.***
    Did a niacin challenge test and no effect with 50mg of niacin on empty stomach. Tested that 2x in one day and then 2x another day.

Current dilemma with next step bc of a couple conflicting opinions:
    • Bc of GI effects results, bc of overgrowth of ecoli and a few others overgrowth, extremely high SIGA see results link below), functional practitioner/DOM/biohacker suggests 2 weeks of oral tetracycline then 10 days fluconozale. Taking a particular probiotic orally, via vagina, via suppository and up nose while taking the tetracyline and fluconozale. Continuing with the probiotic for 6 months afterwards. Also to get into sun as much as possible which I am doing.
    • Current acupuncturist who is also DOM suggest herbal formula to combat the overgrowth and not to do the rx antibiotics...would take 6+ months for full affect. As of July 2nd, I started the herbs per her protocol of how to increase each day. As of July 10th, no noticeable benefit. ***UPDATE 9/26/2018 - STOPPED THE HERBS MID AUGUST.***
    Questions:
    • Do antibiotics + anti-fungal course? And if not, what is a better option to tackle the GI issues and these neuro/cognitive episodes + fatigue? Obviously, in addition to continuation of my sun and light time and also reducing nnEMF burden...
    • Supplement with PQQ for neuro support?
    • Supplement with algae DHA? I've learned that all animal seafood have heavy duty amount of EPA and little bit of DHA...All, except oysters. Per my NutrEval results (see link below), I have so much EPA that it does not fit on the chart. I have a lots of DHA (but it is within chart).

Other relevant things to share:

I don't have many supportive relationships here/community, so my temporary relocation to Austin is to explore some professional and personal growth. Winters here in Maryland also don't work for me, so I need to be somewhere year-round with good sun along with lots of like-minded people/community. My optimal health seeking also radiates out to hoping to be able to have a child at some point. Lots of financial issues, current lease is ending and also a reason of going out to Austin to stay with a friend for free, to regain some footing with finances.

I could go on and I'm glad to share any more information. I hope Jack may see this and be able to put in some input about my current dilemma with next step?

Thanks in advance and for everything you all do.

Test Results

GI Effects May 2018 ---
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4qg8tj4v3n43v9/GI Effects May 2018 wo name.pdf?dl=0

NutrEval Plasma April 2018 ---
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vp15vwulytdnn1i/Nutreval Plasma April 2018 wo name.pdf?dl=0

HTMA July 2018 ---
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zrbq6xn309v7gis/HTMA718 july 2018 wo name.pdf?dl=0

23 & Me Data ---

K2a haplotype

I have the reports but having a hard time getting the correct data needed, particularly the 677, 1298, vdr receptor and cbs.

Genetic_Genie_Methylation_Profile ---

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d55azn8zatloj5t/Genetic_Genie_Methylation_Profile_Regina_Rieg.pdf?dl=0

Gentic_Genetic_Genie_Detox_Profile ---

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tv90im5q952nckc/Genetic_Genie_Detox_Profile_n_a.pdf?dl=0

MTHFR Support Variant Report ---
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/o690cvjto48nfjm/MTHFRSupport Variant Report v2.7-genome_Regina_Rieg_v5_Full_20180426070700.txt.pdf?dl=0

***UPDATE 9/26/2018*** THYROID & BW TESTING RESULTS HERE ---
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/j8fnp1iox4u3bn3/2018-08-30 bw wo name.pdf?dl=0

Free T3 = 1.9
    Free T4 = .90
    TSH = 1.3
    TPO = 1
    TG = <1

Absolute CD57 = 51 (low)

Vit D = 44
    BUN = 24 (high)
    Cal Bun/Creat = 29 (high)

Thank you!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Post on your cloud, remove ability to edit, share link.

Gina R likes this.
  3. Gina R

Gina R New Member

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Gina ....I really do suggest becoming a gold member and see if Dr. K. has time for a consult.

Please include your Mom's and Gran's health history.

Have you thought of spending a couple of weeks in the Yucatan and see how you feel?

Do you know about Jack's brand spanking new longevity farm?

Gina R likes this.
  5. Gina R

Gina R New Member

Hi Caroline,

I don't know much about my Mom's and her mom's history but I'll gather what I can...

I wish I could spend a couple weeks there...I don't know about the longevity farm...are you able to post a link to info on that please?

Thank you!

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

contact support and ask for info on the farm........

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Gina R likes this.
  8. Gina R

Gina R New Member

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/red-light-therapy.20486/page-2#post-243551

When you spend most of the time indoor you use electrically powered lights.
    That electrical power is AC have 60 Hz frequency.
    Light powered by AC flickers at that frequency.

Mitochondria vibrates at 100 Hz frequency.
    Artificial light interferes with mitochondrial frequency.
    It is even worst in Europe where power alternate with 50 Hz because it is 2x50=100

Gina R likes this.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

After discussion on Flicker thread,
    it looks like to my above statement this can be added:

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/flicker.21489/#post-243809
    To mitigate flicker effect from man made light,
    always have some UVA exposure on the skin.

Also consider this post:
    Artificial lighting management for a human locked in small room.
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4#post-201738

-------------------
    All above
    on top of maximum possible time outside (rain or shine) from dusk to dawn.
    (ie; from before official sunrise ans sundown) (at this time this is mostly about UVa exposure).
    Max skin area exposed, nothing on skin, no sunscreens, no creams, nothing.
    No glasses.

Gina R likes this.
  11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

To stay on the left side and avoid the right side shown here:
    upload_2018-6-21_8-44-17.png
    Work on your homocysteine using:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Gina R likes this.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Gina R likes this.
  13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

K2a haplotype

https://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_K_mtDNA.shtml#distribution

upload_2018-6-21_8-31-19.png

upload_2018-6-21_8-32-26.png

=============================================

Note;
    For healthy people optimal latitude is latitude that their great grandmother lived 5-10000 years ago.

It is always better to get closer to our roots which are at equator.

Note,
    our microbiome adjusts to sun exposure at the latitude we reside.
    We have to eat what our microbiome expects.

Corey Nelson and Gina R like this.
  14. Gina R

Gina R New Member

Thank you!

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I think that one of the questions you should ask @Jack Kruse at your consultation is about your consumption of a seafood.
    Possibly make distinction between general seafood and oysters.
    Generally,
    most everybody is advised to eat a lots of seafood with emphasis on oysters.
    Seafood is taught of predominately as a source of DHA (Docosahexanoic acid).
    You have a lots of DHA but the test you did does not define maximum.
    OTOH you are deficient in AA (Arachidonic acid).
    It is known that Omega3 when in excess, strongly suppress Omega6.

Your particular test (NutrEval)
    gives us example about how deceiving is use of indexes.
    There are some other laboratories that deal exclusively with indexes.

So far I have not figured out good answer to the question above,
    and for my self I make an effort to compose my daily diet with eye on results from my latest fatty acids analysis.
    I do check my fatty acids for the last 10+ years, as often as I am able to arrange, but it is not easy subject.

upload_2018-6-21_10-20-46.png

Gina R likes this.
  16. Gina R

Gina R New Member

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

omega 3 meats...
    ===================
    Note two items.

All animal seafood have heavy duty amount of EPA and little bit of DHA.
    All, except oysters.

You have so much EPA that it does not fit on the chart.
    You have a lots of DHA (but it is within chart).
    ////
    There are (often) analysis that conflate the two (EPA & DHA)
    I think it is done to confuse the issue.
    Read ---->> figure out who paid for those analysis.

DHA=gold
    EPA=fools gold

////
    There are other good items highlighted in oysters analysis (that I posted somewhere).

///

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Mike David likes this.
  19. drezy

drezy New Member

Mike David likes this.
  20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I like to dance.

[​IMG]