1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Josh's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Josh (Paleo Osteo), Apr 22, 2014.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Pregnenolone is not on the list, so you should be able to buy it locally or bring it with you from USA.
    ======
    With DHEA you will have additional paperwork.
    ======
    Wonder what is the status of Androstenedione in Australia.
    I am assuming that body could save lots of DHEAs if supplemented with Androstenedione.
    Then you may not need large DHEA dose or possibly non at all.

http://www.genome.jp/kegg/pathway/map/map00140.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

@Josh (Paleo Osteo)

I've been thinking about this... as your ASI is similar to what mine looked like several y ears ago... and I know I've been having morning cortisol issues of recent due to challenges. my work environment was my biggest driver...

But some of the things I used to mitigate that was adaptogens, one that I found that worked very well was http://www.naturalhealthyconcepts.com/adaptocrine-k2-p-apex-energetics.html

I've gone back time and again to this post... which I know you're familiar with... http://www.jackkruse.com/what-might-casey-anthony-and-oj-have-in-common/

I will say i was able to get my ASI back into a normal curve, at the top range for each point. But I also followed several of Jack's tips here http://www.jackkruse.com/brain-gut-16-adrenal-fatigue-rx/

so that might as well be worth revisiting. I've been going back to basics... and I think that's helping..... Like I said in our PM this years Day light Savings time (Spring forward) leveled me. where in preivous years... transitioning from summer to fall killed me. Which seems to be the case of what you've got going on- so I think you need to go back and read @TheKid 's post about seasonal decline in the fall... I'll see if I can find it... but that's an oldie and a goodie... and I think it has relevance here for you...

http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/seasonal-decline-in-health.8582/

so your fall crash and adrenal tank might be related to transitioning from Cytochrome 1, to cytochrome 2. you can't quite get the NAD+ to move to the PPP. hence the rough transition... which in addition to the tanked adrenals from the stress of the commuting work environment = dragging ass...

@yewwei.tan any additional thoughts on this?

other than what we've all be working for the past 4years?

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[ quote="Shijin13, post: 166143, member: 969"]@Josh (Paleo Osteo)

I've been thinking about this... as your ASI is similar to what mine looked like several y ears ago... and I know I've been having morning cortisol issues of recent due to challenges. my work environment was my biggest driver...

But some of the things I used to mitigate that was adaptogens, one that I found that worked very well was http://www.naturalhealthyconcepts.com/adaptocrine-k2-p-apex-energetics.html

I've gone back time and again to this post... which I know you're familiar with... http://www.jackkruse.com/what-might-casey-anthony-and-oj-have-in-common/

I will say i was able to get my ASI back into a normal curve, at the top range for each point. But I also followed several of Jack's tips here http://www.jackkruse.com/brain-gut-16-adrenal-fatigue-rx/

so that might as well be worth revisiting. I've been going back to basics... and I think that's helping..... Like I said in our PM this years Day light Savings time (Spring forward) leveled me. where in preivous years... transitioning from summer to fall killed me. Which seems to be the case of what you've got going on- so I think you need to go back and read @TheKid 's post about seasonal decline in the fall... I'll see if I can find it... but that's an oldie and a goodie... and I think it has relevance here for you...

http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/seasonal-decline-in-health.8582/

so your fall crash and adrenal tank might be related to transitioning from Cytochrome 1, to cytochrome 2. you can't quite get the NAD+ to move to the PPP. hence the rough transition... which in addition to the tanked adrenals from the stress of the commuting work environment = dragging ass...

@yewwei.tan any additional thoughts on this?

other than what we've all be working for the past 4years?[ /quote]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    @Shijin13

@Josh (Paleo Osteo)
    resides in Australia and need to supplement with DHEA and pregnenolone
    He have considered to buy them while visiting USA.
    It looks like importing it or buying them in Australia is a hassle.

I am glad to hear that you were able to get help, having now good ASI curve at the top range and other good indicators.

Please clarify if you were able to accomplish that without use of DHEA supplementation.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  4. Screen shot 2015-06-02 at 9.58.55 AM.png here is the melatonin from the same ASI

i dont trust the evening reading as i have no trouble getting to sleep...unless that is because cortisol is so low!
    am usually in bed by 9pm with no issues getting to sleep...

5. morning reading was 7am rather than 8am

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Morning melatonin is high.
    Get your glasses off, look at the sun or sky for few minutes,
    very first thing when getting off the bed.
    No glass between your eyes and sun.

May need sun lamp on dark or cloudy days.
    On sunny days close your eyelids when looking at the sun.

//
    Above may help not only melatonin but also cortisol.

7. @JanSz i have been thinking that wearing glasses all the time is part of the problem
    the ksin under my glasses is much different to the skin on the rest of my face
    been trying to wear them less when outside

josh

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

total testosterone: 15.9nmol/L=458ng/dL

not good
    should have 600-700ng/dL at the minimum

get blood test for

LH
    FSH
    DHT- dihydro-testosterone
    prolactin

How is your sex?

=======
    Back to your low cortisol ----->> be careful exercising
    =======

What is your under-arm temperature, mid day, when relaxed,
    should be 36.6C

Get blood test for
    FreeT3
    should be >3.5
    (3.5-4.2) pg/mL
    =======

in other place you said that you drink a lot of RO

RO water is dead water
    drop it
    unless super duper post-processed

Your saliva test indicates high DHEAs
    Your blood test indicates low DHEAs

I am suspicious of saliva tests, overall, with exception of cortisol.
    Supposedly free hormones are being tested in saliva.
    That would be DHEA but they say DHEAs

=================================
    Remove glasses as often as possible, specially if outside.
    If you see distance without, think of hawing only lower halfs.

////

9. i switched fro RO to mineral water, much better retention and energy
    drew full thyroid yesterday to see if T3 is the problem upstream... @Josh tested for this

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

No human being itself should be considered impaired innately, instead there are environmental short comings that cause the impairment. Thus, it is incumbent on the on the clinician to recommend treatment of the environment their patient is in. People react to an inferior environment, way before their genome is altered. That is what the science of epigenetics and ubiquitin rates are telegraphing us, but the modern paradigm is not listening. You must.

11. yes jack i know coming to bendigo is not ideal, however in terms of a side step whilst i organise leaving here i need some support for the system :)

Shijin13 likes this.
  12. Josh

Josh Gold

How about we buy a farm in Mississippi and make an old fashioned commune....LOL

13. i might become amish, all i gotta do is shave off the moustache part of the beard and get a cool hat

14. obtained prolactin lab

66mIU/L (45-375)

Prolactin not high and interfering with testosterone, however may suggest hypo pituitary...would fit with my epigenetic trigger of severe head trauma at birth

in other news, calculated BC ratio has come down to 20:1 from 22:1 since drinking mineral water rather than RO (urea down from 8.1mmol/L to 7.8, and creatinine up from 88umol/L to 96

Shijin13 likes this.
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

could be.

Josh (Paleo Osteo) likes this.
  16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

blocks UV totally but your cornea usually does this.........not sure if the cornea needs that signal...........but maybe?

17. Consider my Tuesday

Up before sunrise
    In car as sun rises, glasses on and behind a windshield 2hr15min
    I try to take glasses off on open road, windows down and stare at sun a bit to compensate

Get to Bendigo, have about 15mins in sun then go inside and see patients all day
    Get another 15-20 at lunch if I am lucky then at work til dark (in winter)

This is no doubt my major stressor

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

So today on 7/2/2015 look what we have...........BOOM http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-discover-fundamental-property-of-light

19. I'm in on this!!

20. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Happy First Day of Spring !

Josh (Paleo Osteo) likes this.