1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Joovv Light

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Erik Holt, Jan 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Erik Holt

Erik Holt New Member

I recently moved to Utah for a professional soccer opportunity. I was curious about the Joovv light and what you recommend. Thank you for your time.

2. I know that he thinks Joovv and basically 99% of red light therapy devices are good but also bad, the bad being that they still flicker unnaturally compared to the sun which has a negative effect. Also I think Joovv can easily be searched for

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^^THAT

4. Ted

Ted New Member

Does anyone know what type of AC to DC transformer you would need to remove the flicker?

5. drezy

drezy Gold

From what exactly?

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Any transformer that has an input AC to output DC works to cut the flicker.

drezy likes this.
  7. So can a dc led operate flicker free say by battery power? If all leds operate on dc, sounds like we should have a 12volt system for our homes

8. So you need to take the electric cord of a Joovv and connect it into a DC output from a transformer and then plug the transformer into the wall and you'd be good? As long as the transformer can handle the watt of your lights, that's all you need to do?

9. Ted

Ted New Member

That sounds right. Now I need to find out what type of transformer to buy.

10. Wim SunLover

Wim SunLover New Member

You can't get the flicker out of a LED panel, because the flicker is to dim the LED's. Its not caused by the AC or DC power. They use 3 watt LED´s and in a setup like this the LED´s would get to hot if they burn them at full power. The usual way to dim LED´s is by switching them on and off at a frequency of about 120 Hz. All the builders of LED-panels use this technique. I think that´s because they let ´plant grow light´ makers build their panel or they use the same materials as they because it´s cheaper that way. Possibly the RedLightMan offers some solutions that don´t flicker because in some of his lamps, he doesn´t use the 3 watt LED´s.

drezy likes this.
  11. Wim SunLover

Wim SunLover New Member

Definitely but you would have to build the device yourself. You could use red LED strip lights to build one. I'm on the way to doing that. Waiting for my order to arrive.

Marko Pollo and drezy like this.
  12. drezy

drezy Gold

Good luck and post back with pics if you get a chance.

Kids that spend too much time on their computers playing games have at least created a market for cheap aluminum cooling blocks that are quiet in sound and emf (since the pump can be located further away):
    https://www.banggood.com/40x40x12mm...iJR5XpGoo8ZgxZxoCX_AQAvD_BwE&cur_warehouse=CN

Wim SunLover likes this.
  13. Michael CULLEN

Michael CULLEN New Member

Joov have the flicker. Mito Gen do not, but are a rip off IMO in comparison to lets say redlightman.

14. Wim SunLover

Wim SunLover New Member

How do you know that the MitoGen panel has no flicker? I don't see it mentioned on their page and if I see the design ... I wonder... I send a message to the RedLightMan. I'll post a message when I get a reply.

15. drezy

drezy Gold

I do not recommend trying that.

I operate many this way. Keep in mind, as @Wim SunLover points out, that if you operate LEDs at 100% you may have to be very aware of their cooling requirements.

Marko Pollo likes this.
  16. Michael CULLEN

Michael CULLEN New Member

I spoke to mito gen via facebook.

Wim SunLover likes this.
  17. Can you explain how you run lets say a Joovv just as an example on Battery?
    Secondly, does using a DC inverter automatically make the lights run at 100% - I guess based on what he says it could make sense, but Jack seems to indicate thats how he's hacked the Joovv and also posted in this thread Any transformer that has an input AC to output DC works to cut the flicker.

You think that him, or others hes given this advice to, would have ran into issues with the LED boxes (since they're all LEDs) if that was the case?

18. Looking forward to seeing what they say. I will be buying a Red light device soon and want to know how to hack the flicker. I wont be buying a Joovv, something more like Redlightman's product. But need to know how to hack the flicker!

Michael CULLEN likes this.
  19. drezy

drezy Gold

If you are OK with this PM me and allow me to invite one more member for reference.

We can take that offline

20. Of course, no issues with PM! The more the merrier!