1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

JOOVV before bed

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by DLO, Aug 7, 2017.

1. DLO

DLO StarFish

Would using a Joovv Combo before bed hinder deep sleep if so would it be due to lux/brightness?
  2. JanSz

JanSz Silver

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I've said time and time again using light right before bed is UNWISE. Using it around sunset is a better idea. Why do I have to keep saying this? Do your desires to do something outweigh the science of the retina I keep teaching you?
    Rela likes this.
  4. DLO

DLO StarFish

Nope just that Leanne Venier had mentioned it helps people with sleep and i am trying to figure out how to improve my deep sleep, which has been rather random. When I find something that works it doesn't work the second time. Only thing thats been consistant is CBD oil. Since you mentioned that you prefer "sunplements" was hoping red light would help.
    I am religious about grounding in the pacific ocean and seeing the sunrise everyday and I can still get anywhere from 12 mins-70 mins deep sleep.
    6-8 hrs of sleep usually 40% REM 25-35% Light
  5. Inger

Inger Silver

DLO, how is your environment?
  6. DLO

DLO StarFish

Pretty good Inger, I turn off wifi and have a magnetico but the magnetico never really did much for my deep sleep. I spend most of my time in the basement and have higher RF readings when I am in the upper floors.

I've hit a new high with rem now at 56% of my sleep... this is getting nuts :(
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  7. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Just curious how you measure this and whether it involves electronic devices.
  8. Inger

Inger Silver

do you sleep in the basement? If, do you get fresh air there (windows open)? Have you measured the surroundings with a meter?
    Are there windmills close to you or radar or other things that could disturb?
    Do you get plenty of sun? Because that really improves sleep for me....
    How are your stress levels? I cant sleep well when I am too stressed/have been working way late and pushing myself too hard.....
  9. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood New Member

Thinking of purchasing the JOOVV max light therapy. For overall health benefits, does anyone know if it is better to get the JOOVV combo 660nm/850nm rather than the JOOVV 850nm only?
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Sajid with your lineage and lattiude it might be a decent mito-hack to complete but I have a sense there is no way to really allow a cactus to live in the Tundra. It is too much of a natural oxymoron for cells.
  11. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood New Member

Yes I've got a few tools in mind to mitigate the low quantum yield of my latitude:
    Quantlet
    JOOVV Max combo
    Magnetico 20 gauss

But like you said: "there is no way to really allow a cactus to live in the Tundra."
  12. DLO

DLO StarFish

Qura in airplane mode is how I track, just realized why i've been using my Joovv is because my quantlet is coming back from repair.
    So I guess quantlet also sundown only so in the winter at 5pm for the sleep protocol? I coulda sworn I saw you wana use the sleep quantlet protocol 1 hr before bed?
  13. DLO

DLO StarFish

Yes thats why I choose to sleep in the basement is for colder temps and better measurements. No windmills. There is a cell tower near by but being in the basement negates that. This year has been the most sunlight i've gotten. Yet this is also one of our cooler summers.
    I've been using earplugs as well. Isolate mini's, which i think benefit me more than hurt me altho they have metal with plastic sponge bits. I chose the titanium metal bodies, the metal never touches your tissue as it's covered by the sponge material.
    I live in front of a park so sometimes people go drink at night or make noise that wakes me.

What has changed interestingly enough is I used to have a full bladder needing to urinate in the middle of the night now that urgency is gone when I wake up in the middle of the night. I dont need to urinate but if i'm a wake may as well....