1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Johnny's Journal of Brain Fog

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by JohnnyAZ, Apr 27, 2017.

1. JohnnyAZ

JohnnyAZ Gold

Not sure how much to put in here so I figured I would go for too much instead of too little.

Grandmother's health: Died of an aortic aneurysm in 1999. Date of birth 4-21-27. Grew up in Washington and then moved to Illinois before getting married and having children.

Mothers Health: Developed many health issues in her 40's including Hashimoto's, Fibromyalgia, tinnitus, estrogen imbalance (I don't know the specifics of this one or if she was high or low but there was an issue, and for a year of her life she suffered from uncontrollable tremors that no one ever diagnosed. Finally she succumbed to Lung Cancer at age 57.

Aunts on my mothers side: One died from hemacrhomatosis and another has battled anxiety her entire life.

Now on to me.

I was born 11/16/1980 in the Northwest suburbs of Illinois. I spent my first 13 years in Roselle, IL and I was a healthy active child who spent most my time outdoors. I did sleep with a TV in my room from a young age (maybe 9 or 10 when I started). I did get extreme Migranes as a child but I was told it was my teeth (they were all out of place) and once I corrected my bite these vanished. I went to a private school and we did utilize computers on occasion but not too much.

In September of 1994 I moved to a more rural area and it was here issues began to arise. The first was a sort of depression/fear that developed and it was only present when I would approach my school. I chalked this up to the fact that I moved and was in a new location. It took me months to get past this and once I got through I never thought of it again as I figured it was just the symptom of moving to a new school. One day in gym I was tackled strangely and compressed my neck and ended up in the ER. Nothing was wrong but ever since then I had a neck issue that got worse and worse and really became problematic at age 23 (explained below). Through High school I was your traditional skateboarding punk who spent 50% of his time outside and 50% sitting in houses with his friend playing video games (I have always enjoyed video games). I also started smoking in sophomore year and smoked for the next 21 years. During this time my stomach became very irregular and was either emptying too much or not enough and I developed a minor case of depression and slight insomnia. All of these continued to evolve and in college most of the minor symptoms from high school escalated. Throughout most of high school I worked in both a restaurant and a warehouse where we fixed broken cash registers (rewired and rebuilt them).

In college I spent my first two years at a community college and continued to live in the same house I had been since 13. During this time my stomach issues really became problematic and I went to every type of doctor to find an answer but nothing was every truly diagnosed. I did the scope (both entry points) and nothing was really found. I had prostate exams and was told it was "mushy"...whatever that means. To this day my stomach is still a major concern and I have to be very careful with certain foods. It was also during this time that I started to take the train to downtown Chicago to go to UIC. Each was was over an hour and I would sleep both ways in an awkward position and when my neck finally went bad and I was told I had degenerative disc disease I thought the jarring of the train ride was the cause. This is another issue that persisted and got especially bad later in my story. I was still dealing with depression and insomnia but they were getting worse.

After college I got a job in a bank staring at a computer screen and hated every moment of it. My health issues were continuing to get worse. Finally, I decided I had enough and convinced my wife that we should move to AZ with no job, no money, and a slight hope of using online schooling to get teaching degrees. In AZ my issues persisted but maintained a level of not progressing except for digestion. One new thing popped up and I spent a lot of time in eurologist's offices and one told me I had cystic Fibrosis while another told me I had interstitial cystitis. I had a camera put into a different hole during this time but my bladder seemed ok and eventually I decided it was connected to my worsening digestion. Eventually I succeded at pulling off my plan and I became a high school teacher. My room had no windows and was right next to the computer lab. My neck issue got worse and I actually ended up on pain meds and ativan to keep the pain down. I spent 3 years doing this before they moved me to an antidepressant (not for depression) that was knows to help with fibromyalgia as this seemed to be the only thing that explained the existence of all my issues including the growing fatigue and dependence on caffeine. During this time we moved to a new house and the people in the house before us were not healthy. One of them suffered from a sever respiratory disease and was on oxygen. There was a leaky water heater that had created a massive mold buildup we didn't find for a few years. My mother would come visit every weekend to see her grand kids and it was around this time that she was diagnosed with cancer. One doctor told her it was from the mold exposure of the house.

One day I got fed up and joined the gym. I started working out and eating a little bit better and taking natural supplements and succeeded in removing all meds from my life within one year. I still had some neck pain and the digestion was still a mess but the depression and neck pain were minimized and I was sleeping better but I started waking up in the middle of the night to use the restroom 3-4 times a night (I assumed this was from my new water intake). These changes were all in response to loosing my mother and slowly becoming a food fanatic that believed all my issues resulted in diet and that they could all be cured with a supplement. We still lived in the "problem house" and I had moved from traditional cigarettes to an electronic one (I assume this was not a great switch based on what I am learning about EMF). I also switched jobs and became a District Manager for a company and spent most of my days driving from location to location and working with my assigned locations in their offices. I was taking massive amounts of supplements including ginseng and maca for the CFS and MSM for the joint pain.

I eventually succeeded in quitting smoking all together but about 3 months after quitting, I developed massive brain fog that has persisted to this day. I thought I was the healthiest I have been buy this issue came along and I have tried everything (and every diet) to cure it but there has been no success.

I have always been suspicious of this house, especially since my mother passed, but no one (besides my wife) really felt it. My wife has always been suspicious of it too but we live in the foothills of a mountain and we are on the edge of cell phone tower range (our phones don't work in our house or neighborhood unless you know were to stand).

Current supplements:
    Niagen 250 in the morning
    Pterostilbene 100 mg in the morning
    Zinc Picolinate 20 mg in the morning
    C0Q10 100 mg in the morning
    Ashwaghanda 1200 mg before bed
    Gotu Kola 1400 mg before bed

Diets:
    Most recently trying ketogenic but I have tried everyone you can think of including GAPS, Paleo, and even just eating no diet and seeing if there was a change...there never is and I feel the same on all diets...the only thing that changes is the size of my belly.

I am 6 ft and 195 lbs (muscular..not fat...except for belly).

Hopefully I didn't bore you with too much info...

caroline likes this.
  2. JohnnyAZ

JohnnyAZ Gold

I would also like to mention I spend a lot of my time listening to Jack's podcasts and reading his material and getting great advice on the forum. I am currently trying to make sense of leptin and I just subscribed to be a gold member so I can start working through the webinars.

caroline likes this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Not boring at all! great detail - all necessary to be a great detective.

You said something new here ......You have poor cell phone coverage - BINGO!

Your phones are always searching for a signal! keep them in airplane mode.

Dr. K. gave himself bell's palsy on a live Q&A one night. His property had no cell coverage so he would drive to the nearest road to talk to us. The details are somewhere.....

JohnnyAZ likes this.
  4. JohnnyAZ

JohnnyAZ Gold

That makes a lot of sense!

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

How is your sleep?

6. JohnnyAZ

JohnnyAZ Gold

It's better but not great. I still wake up a time or two and I overthink which stops me from falling back to sleep immediately...but I used to get up to use the restroom 3-5 times a night and now its maybe 1-2.

caroline likes this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am so proud of you for deep diving here! that sounds like really good progress with your sleep!

Congrats on a Gold membership.......

JohnnyAZ likes this.
  8. JohnnyAZ

JohnnyAZ Gold

Thank you. I don't really have a choice as I need to fix this issue...can't live with it anymore.

caroline likes this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

as Dr. k. would say ...... when you are sick and tired of being sick and tired

10. JohnnyAZ

JohnnyAZ Gold

and that I am! I am trying to learn so much and I think I am starting to get a little ahead of myself. What is the first step? Leptin? Paleo? I just need to know what part to work on first. I was trying to learn as much as I could about it all but I am starting to feel I should divide and conquer. I have adjusted a lot of my routine for sleeping and being at home.

caroline likes this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Letin reset using a seafood template. BAB within 30 minutes of rising

You/we need to reset the Rolex in our brain. ^^^^^^

outdoors every day to see the sun rise ....also sunset

Pay attention to nnEMF

blueblockers .....avoid fake blue light

good water

The three legged stool .....light, water, magnetism

JohnnyAZ likes this.
  12. JohnnyAZ

JohnnyAZ Gold

On Monday I begin my first steps. I have become a gold member and started with the webinars from 2012. I have listened to half a dozen so far and feel I have enough info to start. So many questions still remain but I am taking my first step and I a, feeling confident that Jack and this forum can assist me in this endeavor. I appreciate you all.

caroline likes this.
  13. JohnnyAZ

JohnnyAZ Gold

Been awhile since I posted in here but in the 1/16 QA Jack mentions the need to keep updating these.

I have come to a new concept. I originally thought I was born of a bad egg but I am not sure that is the case. I think that may be more my sisters issue as my mother was still very healthy when I was born. I think I slowly polluted myself over time because since I was 10 I have slept with the TV on for the entire night. I became almost dependent on this and you know how Netflix and Hulu ask if you are still there? Well before I found this site I used to wake up during these times and have to restart the show. If cable or internet was out, I was unable to sleep. If I am understanding the material, this kept me producing cortisol all night which means I had no melatonin.

It has taken months but I am now sleeping without TV thanks to a few hacks I learned from this site. I think my issue may be more due to this 28 year habit than it was to my mothers egg. Maybe it was both.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    caroline, Jenelle and drezy like this.
  14. caroline

caroline Moderator

nice.....

JohnnyAZ likes this.
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

16. JohnnyAZ

JohnnyAZ Gold

I will read it today. I can’t seem to find it on the site through. Is this only on patreon? Sorry I don’t get memeber emails so I am not fully sure how this works with patreon.

17. drezy

drezy Gold

Its there now. The Klub lags by an hour sometimes. I try not to have a millennial meltdown or go hypoxic during that time.

I did look for the QT2 you once had trouble finding on the klub page and do not see it between QT#1 and QT3 - 7. I'll check with support on that one and post back, unless you've found that one in the klub and can point me to it.

JohnnyAZ and Jenelle like this.
  18. JohnnyAZ

JohnnyAZ Gold

Nope...I see it now! Thanks.

19. JohnnyAZ

JohnnyAZ Gold

I also contacted support so I can get member emails and know what’s going on from now on.

Perhaps I can become self sufficient soon...ha!

20. drezy

drezy Gold

Don't hesitate to ask.

We gotta keep you in top shape. You're the father of a 16 year old daughter last I remember. We need you healthy looking and with a little crazy in your eyes for when boys knock on your door.

caroline likes this.