1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Jimmy Moore - January 2017

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by JoeT, Feb 11, 2017.

1. JoeT

JoeT Gold

He is only 45 years old. It will be interesting to watch his health in the coming years, as he is the "human experiment" for the LC docs who claim that lipids (including LDL-P), don't matter much in the context of low inflammation.

2. Sean Shick

Sean Shick New Member

ok so Im getting over my bromance with Fung, I can deal with this. But what about the fasting, aside from those two knuckleheads? As a personal biohack for where I am at, for my staus quo, I feel like its working for me. Should I continue? Maybe I just answered my own question....

3. Michalis

Michalis New Member

I am interested in the autophagy and how it works and i think there are others too.. Can you point us to the right direction what to read in order to connect the dots please ?

4. Sean Shick

Sean Shick New Member

Same here. One of Fung's most interesting theories is related to loose skin. He claims that the surplus of skin inherently available on an over weight body provides a source for proteins that can be broken down and utilized during the fasting process. He claims that the majority of his patients that lose a bunch of weight do so with minimal loose skin issues. I think I remember hearing Alan Goldhammer make some similar claims. Goldhammer is of course an advocate of Veganism, which is whole other can of worms, but he does have extensive clinical experience with fasting.

5. Michalis

Michalis New Member

I watched that podcast.. It is true up to a point, skin will shrink, but if you were obese for a long time and lost a lot of weight you will definately stay with lots of loose and hanging skin...

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

We have been camping in the bush for over a week. No wifi, no fake lights, no power, cold showers, walking in the surf, etc. etc.

My appetite is huge .... it is like I was starving before and now have to make up for all the nutrients I missed......

Joe Fang and Alex97232 like this.
  7. The food obsession and the talk about diets has now become comical.

Allin, Inger, ColinGorham and 2 others like this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I agree Dave........

9. There are no controversies in nature there are only levels of learning and enlightenment among those who observe her. What to eat is only a mystery to humans because of the artificial environments, foods, medicines, paradigms, and thoughts we create. All other life forms who eat, eat and live by what nature provides according to the season, latitude, altitude, circadian rhythms, cycles, & conditions in the local environment. What to eat? This is only a question because we ask it outside the context of nature. Is "What to eat?" really the right question?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    Alex97232, Verena1028 and Inger like this.
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Alex97232 and seanb4 like this.
  11. JoeT

JoeT Gold

Just stating the obvious here:
    I stumbled upon this blog post, and frankly my first thought was....boy does Jack's LWM framework shine!
    Look at this pathetic recommendations for Jimmy to address his recent weight gain. LOL! It's clear they have NO IDEA what to do with him! Sad.

Jimmy’s Homework
    Chris gave Jimmy a list of things to do:
    1. Keep a food diary for 3 days
    2. Sleep at least 8 hours
    3. Walk more
    4. Incorporate more resistance training. Chris recommends Pavel’s Sinister and Simple
    5. Stress reduction. Use guided meditation. Chris recommends the Headspace app.
    6. Track HRV.
    http://bjjcaveman.com/2015/05/26/thoughts-on-jimmy-moores-summer-2015-health-test-results/

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

BLUE LIGHT DRIVES DOPAMINE LEVELS IN THE EYE AND BRAIN AND LEADS TO HOW WE MAKE CHOICES, DECIDE, AND ACT. Jimmy has been blue light toxic for a decade because his business plan does not mitigate the risk so his choroid in his eye is now I bet quite large and leading to his defective central retinal pathways as I discussed in Vermont 2017.
    The brain and memory are making predictions based on patterns stored in memory. For example, if you are driving to the store and the traffic light turns yellow, you automatically expect it to soon turn red. OK, now the light is red and you wait and wait and wait and it is still red. Again, your brain knows roughly how long a red light usually lasts and it starts signalling you when it is about to turn green. If it doesn't, you suddenly start paying attention to the light. So based on previous information (pattern) stored in your memory, the brain is making a prediction of what is likely to happen next.

If your past history is to eat ice cream when you are sad, the next time you are sad, your brain reminds you that you usually eat ice cream when sad. Your brain takes all the little sensory information that comes in, stores it in a hierarchical fashion, and tries to make sense of it by creating "beliefs".

I find that just realizing that my beliefs are my brain's attempt to make sense out of the input I have given it over my lifetime, makes it easy for me to see that my beliefs may not be completely accurate and, in fact, may be wrong. So when your brain tells you something is true (or false), realize that it is just making a prediction based on previous patterns it has stored and organized in your memory.

In computer programming, there is a saying "garbage in, garbage out". The same applies to your memory. Your brain makes no value judgements about the information it stores in memory. It just tries to identify patterns and organize it in a "meaningful" way. So maybe it is as simple as just telling your brain that your "belief" has proved to be false and that know you believe xyz. Just keep repeating this until eventually it is a stronger memory than the one you want to get rid of. Do everything sensually you can do to drive home your new belief with sunlight and dopamine and melatonin will fix you.

13. So how does my brain work now that I've bought in and done what you've said doc? The patterns, habits, and judgements I make on a daily basis has forged a new life, a new identity, I can "see" now. I didn't really know in 2014 where you were going with all this but I decided to stick around even though these new ideas would challenge and scare the shit out of me. The old belief systems I built consciously and unconsciously were once my truths, but as time when on, it appeared I had only had half truths.

Guru's failed me. I put my faith in them that they would get me well and empower me to help others make better choices. Half truths led to whole lies. I no longer follow these gurus, nature is my guru. It wasn't my low carb diet, not my raw vegan diet, not my keto diet, not my blood type diet, it wasn't being vegetarian, drinking coffee, or building my physique to the point where I couldn't swing a golf club. The ambition I once had for being 6% body fat is gone.

Longevity now? What I wouldn't give to get back the $1000-1500 a month I spent on superfoods every month...perhaps it was working shift work, the 3 days a week without melatonin, and sleeping until noon?

I remember when I first stumbled upon this website. I couldn't understand a damn thing. It was horrible and I was horrified by horrible my brain worked. But I went with my gut, rolled the dice and over the last 3 years, it began to click.

What are the patterns now?
    1. relentlessly pursue sunrises.
    2. Eat seafood nearly everyday.
    3. Get grounded outside as much as possible.
    3. Constantly find better ways to improve lighting in the house.
    4. Zero TV.
    5. Never read the food gurus webpages.
    6. Don't buy diet books.
    7. Read the blogs and forum every spare minute I have.
    8. I've learned to keep my head high when people tell me I'm crazy, but maybe I am.
    9. Pursue sunsets.
    10. Sleep when it's dark.
    11. Never work out in a gym under artificial lights.
    12. Smile, laugh, and have fun.
    13. Remain authentic.
    14. Swim in cold water.

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

How to help others to realize that what they do is wrong?
    How to change bad beliefs.
    -----------------------------------------
    Taking over parenthood and education industry works (on future generations).

15. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

AMAZING!!! I love this :)

And yeah, I spent a billion pounds on supplements too. Grrr!

Alex97232, Inger and caroline like this.
  16. Benny Hammond

Benny Hammond New Member

Dave this your statement and list is killer! I showed the girls that I coach and they are all in on #1, 8, 9, 11!, 12 & 13. I"m teaching them about grounding and the cold. They are teenagers and have a way to go. They have growth mindsets and love the belief system challenges. These teens can be steered in an optimal direction.

Alex97232 likes this.
  17. AdamF

AdamF New Member

18. AdamF

AdamF New Member

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator