1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Jennifer's moving from Leptin Reset, CT, Adrenal RX, Leaky Gut RX AI to Optimal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by nosnhojjennifer@yahoo.com, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Inger

Inger Silver

Jennifer. I am sorry about your acne.. it sucks. My skin likes no dairy.. except of maybe raw organic goats milk from old brand goats. I can buy it here and drink it occasionally. Butter, cream, cheese.. makes me not pretty. I wonder if you would suffer less if you went HARD CORE with your food and light and dropped all hormones? That your body get a chance to regulate itself slowly? I am thinking of yucky foods like MHS, raw hearts and stuff. Rotten meat. Candles only after dark, triple protection when using computer evenings.. dark sunglasses when going to parties or shops or stuff after sunset. Yeah.. I know but I bet you would be happier with your outlook fast! Look, I can tell you it works for me that way at least. I kinda need to choose.. to please my palate.. or looking good. I cannot have both. Sure I eat delicious stuff too like salmon tartar and oysters and sashimi but they are well choosen and on purpose. Now I am used to stuff like raw lambs hearts carpaccio and like it a lot but it might be you need to get used to it first.

I am thinking when doing it the natural way it goes smoother... without too much turmoil because in the foods are all the stuff you need for detox and healing.. Now, it takes longer maybe? But the trip is funnier..

For skin I have been smearing bone marrow from reindeer (I bet any other would do as well) on my face and then some hawthorn berries on my face in the evening..lol Very natural, very cheap and I can tell you, I like it! I bet you could use any wild berries!I just had no money to buy the argan oil I was using so I thought.. eating the reindeer for breakfast, why don't use the marrow for my face instead? I sometimes make a peeling with some epsom salt, honey and olive oil too. I leave it on for a while after too, before rinsing. Makes the skin feel really good!

About fruit.. I would not eat any. I cannot, I can eat only wild grown berries and feel real good. Strawberries, any cultivated berries are not so good for me. The apples from our garden too do me no good. I will not eat these before I am very healthy.. maybe.

Just some thoughts.. might not be the right for you but I thought I could as well share what works for me...:)

2. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Jennifer, you might want to look at spironolactone to counter the cystic acne effects of T.

Spironolactone is used to treat many different disorders, from high blood pressure to fluid retention. Although the U.S. Food and Drug Administration doesn't recognize spironolactone as an acne treatment, it is often prescribed off-label to treat hormonally influenced breakout in women.

This medication isn't a first line of defense against acne breakouts. It is only effective against acne caused by hormonal fluctuations. But it can be especially helpful for women with hormonal disorders that trigger acne or who suffer with other problems, like unwanted facial hair.

I get cystic facial acne when I take T or DHEA. I took spironolactone while on T and DHEA and it prevented me from breaking out. I stopped taking all 3 because I felt like why was I taking a drug to counteract the side effect of 2 other drugs? I guess for me the T and DHEA benefits didn't outweigh taking a drug to counteract their effects.

You need a prescription for spironolactone.

3. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I wonder if you are getting carbs somewhere? My son had cystic acne and took minocycline off and on for years. He was a soda drinker and when he quit, it just went away. He only eats meat, eggs, fish, bacon and salads. He drinks beer and liquor and it shows on his face when he does.

4. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

My struggle with acne is recent (since starting P... of course that doesn't mean it's because of P - and I haven't taken T or DHEA) and it is definitely not because of carbs or dairy. I've been off all dairy of any kind for more than 6 months (not even ghee). And the closest thing I've had to a carb is an onion or coconut cream. I'm wondering if hormones are fluctuating and this is a cumulative effect of several inputs. I'm definitely upping my zinc, though. No way with my history I'll be adding soy. Cold baths and FO, however, are on the menu. :)

Hey Jen, re: your dating life, maybe you're just so far toward optimal that you're having trouble finding any men who are in the ballpark. Maybe take some 40 year old out for a couple dozen oysters then drag them along with your hormone panel.

5. thanks Inger....I wish I could not be so self conscious about it but I pretty much think ppl are staring at the monsters on my face. How do you get the bone marrow out? Before or after you cook it? Not sure I could get reindeer around here but maybe something else.

I will try the peel but rotten meat, idk...I already have such nasty bloat. If I got a quality cut maybe but probably not.

I stay away from fruit like the plague now and dairy has been out for so long, except ghee. I cut the ghee now but I'm pretty sure my estrogen is tanked again. Although the girls are still hanging in. Last time the e tanked, so did my bra size. Now I'm thinking about going up AGAIN...hormones are crazy weird. If only you could test them like you do blood sugar. Now that would be interesting...

THANKS INGER

6. hmm...well I still eat cocoa powder and some sweet potato, but not in weeks. I really thought it was the grapes but then I had a MAJOR break out a week after the grapes, so go figure. Wine?? I stopped my Hcl and probiotics for the poops test...the one that i have now realized i did wrong (oops, not supposed to fill the orange and red vial until day 3 and I did them day 1---if I overnight right away does it matter? It says to get it there within 3 days??)

Pepitas? I got into those hard for two days. They have lots of zinc though....it's a mystery. Sometimes i think I need another elimination diet. My way

7. "Managing our emotions increases intuition and clarity. It helps us self-regulate our brain chemicals and internal hormones. It gives us natural highs, the real fountain of youth we've been searching for. It enables us to drink from elixirs locked within our cells, just waiting for us to discover them."

- Doc Childre

8. Doc appt Monday to review labs - VAP and thyroid. I want to ask for straight T3. Need some info to back myself up. Any pointers would be appreciated. Body temp was 96.6 last night. Weight is creeping up. Skin so dry. My T3 ratio from previous labs was out of range but need to see new labs.

Old labs free T3 1.81 (.8-1.8)

RT3 29 (11-32)

Gives me a ratio of 6.2 optimal is above 20

9. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I copied the pages from the STTM book on the t3 protocol to clear the rt3 which you clearly have. I also gave her Jack's pearls on T3. Then I assured her I would not be careless and would follow the rules. She agreed. Make sure you clarify exactly what you want. Oh, I also gave her a spreadsheet of my titrating schedule. It was very nice and clearly laid my plan out visually. Remind him/her that the t3 is not getting into your cells and doing its thing and you are worried that more harm is being done. Remember, you will take your temp and your pulse to make sure you "don't" go hyper!!!!;) Good luck!

10. Thanks Mam. Just wondering how to order up the good kind! I'm finding the zinc directly on them shrinks them fast but the tissue around takes a beating as well. Been trying to take the zinc orally but it's so nasty. I think it is either totally not related to food at all (and just low e) or it was a bad batch of ghee. Idk. Stress also gets me. Thanks for thinking of me.

11. Thanks fir the tip V. I don't have that book. I have the other one by dr kharrazian - why Do I still have thyroid symptoms when my lab tests are normal? Gonna have to look through that and do some googling on T3. Really can't deal w the weight gain and dry hair/skin any more. Lord knows I eat enough fish and fat

12. Interesting info on stop the thyroid madness including to chew Armour pills. And to take then earlier like 1&1/2 hr b4 waking up to help cortisol. For the past two weeks I've been off hcl for poop test, wonder if that didn't help bid coust I wasn't taking hcl w Armour but shortly there after. Also wondering if eating too soon after taking Armour has been a problem. Also curious about the fact try list stopping T4 as a way to fix high rT3.

13. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I chewed mine and let it sit under my tongue as long as I possibly could w/out gaging. Don't really know how much it helped but I wasn't going to take any chances since I eat with in 15-20 minutes of rising. I have Dr. KH's book too. They are really different books and both has a lot to offer.

14. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I have been gaining weight lately too. I think it is my progesterone cream pushing my E. dom. That or t3 only isn't enough and it might take a bit for the rt3 to clear so it can actually do something. Just so hard to know what is really doing what.

15. Just back from doc visit and BW was most surprising:

TSH 2.69 previous 2.10

T4, free 0.7 L(0.8-1.8)

Thyroglobulin antibodies 39 H (20. Major improvement so why am I still gaining weight??!!

Any way. What I decided was not to go on T3 only and up my Armour dose instead.

Opinions?

I got more BW if interested - cholesterol, VAP, vit d, prolactin and cmp.

My fasting blood glucose is 91 (65-99) which I think is high for me especially on a low carb near no sugar diet. I still worry about IR But the VAP did not check me as at risk for it.

The VAP was disconcerting. Of course md wants me to cut sat fat and exercise. I Do have pattern A (large, buoyant) for LDL BUT some other things got a "risk" mark.

My doc is not gonna like it until it comes down. My Lp(a) cholesterol is H at 16 (

16. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

Jen, I have no clue about bloat and related issues, but even though your RT3 is much better, your T3 and T4 are still super low and your TSH is high. That alone can stall weight loss/create weight gain. And your antibodies are still up it appears. So if eggs/dairy are an antigen for you, then that will also cause gain. The dairy/ghee can also bounce around your blood sugar potentially, yea? I can't really see anything too worrying with your cholesterol panel, though. (Btw, how does raising zinc negatively effect D3?)

17. Other way around - supplementing D is one cause of low zinc.

18. Dang nambit! TOM Day 22!! Why so early?? What does a short cycle say about your hormones??