1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Jennifer's moving from Leptin Reset, CT, Adrenal RX, Leaky Gut RX AI to Optimal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by nosnhojjennifer@yahoo.com, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Hehe, i am kind of a narcissist - is this a how to on getting some codependent minions? :cool:

2. but you are a kind leader

3. Note to self on t3

At func med doc now. What are my complaints? Lol

4. So func med doc. I wanted to leave there w a script for T3 but instead I left with a slip for more bloodwork. Sigh. I've had so many TSH's drawn this year and they've been all over the place.

So what's the take on the "your Armour thyroid has T3 in it"? Should I be ok w an increase in Armour or ask for T3 directly. My ratio is low. I'll have to insert it here after I look it up.

So ft3 is 1.8 and rt3 is 29 so I think that gives me a ratio of 6.2. Which sucks. Right?

I complained about the weight gain, acne and bloating. I told her don't tell me weight but it's on old fashion scale and I could hear her move the big one. Yikes. Not happy.

She says it's my gut making me fat and giving me acne :( no ship Sherlock but fix it! Make it stop!

But overall I'm 100x better than the first appointment. She has a review of systems complaints sheet and she said my score I gave myself today was half the score from last time. I believe it.

She was gonna recommend a fiber supplement but I told her I'd rather go after the cause of the chronic constipation than take fiber. I also told her I never took the medical food because it had rice flour and rice sugar in it. I don't eat that. And I told her I stopped taking the fish oil supplement and eat fish twice a day. She said my skin is dry (I agree-I had SCALES on my knees- or is it the fish- HA). She ordered BW to test omega 3 & 6 fatty acid. Idk

And so I bought myself a stool analysis. But her kits were expired so not yet.

Had long convo w dad about this and about my suspicion of sbio (thanks soul for the info). I started gaining weight after taking the double dose Prilosec for the gastric erosions (thanks J2). So the low stomach acid probably lead to Undigested food getting into small bowel, large bowel And then the mess really got messier. Any way, my dad says small particle colloidal silver for a colon reset. Any thoughts?

I do anything to stop the bloating, weight gain and acne. My brain is finally changing its mind about Food choices and "cheats" (as in a cheat only messes u up one day).

This is serious folks

5. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

Don't you love it when your brain changes its mind on you. You'll be in love with your blender and frozen whole fish soon enough!

Some random thoughts based on Dr K's consults with me about healing my gut.... I'm assuming you're on HCl but perhaps you need to up the dose? Add digestive enzymes? NAC and tumeric supp? Lots of bone broths, lose the ferments. There are 2 issues re: gut health... lack of sufficient gut bacteria and lack of variety of gut bacteria (plus leakiness of course). So the idea is to work on both simultaneously.

I realise there is actually no coherent thought in that above paragraph. You said context keeps you sane... maybe you can give it some?

6. Lauren, why to you say you have to lose the ferments to heal your gut? I'm confused about that. I read at some places that ferments are good for the gut, and some are saying it's not.

7. Thanks for the hints Lauren. I do take Hcl but only w BAB. upping the dose gives me gerd but I could take it with my other meals. I have the NAC - never remember to take it b/c you're supposed to take it away from meals. Turmeric is a good idea.

I'm very disappointed in the kombucha news because it's easier than buying probiotics (fillers fillers fillers! Ugh some have dairy in them). And I have about 5 gallons of the stuff and all my scobies! What to do with them? I feel weird throwing them away because theyre alive. Lol

But I am grateful for you advice.

Lots to think of.

Souls the context loving girl. this girl likes black and white. Lol. Good luck w that Jennie!

So good to hear about your successes down there.

Love good news and hints

8. Strange morning. I woke up a little at 4:30 so I got up and took my Armour. Noticed the belly looked a little cut even with the flub. Peed and went back to bed. Got up at 6 and BLOAT. WTF! I thought water and Armour make me bloat? How can water make u bloat? :(

Then TOM came. (Day 26 getting closer to my goal of 28. Not sure why shorter periods are more optimal. My periods were really short and light right before they disappeared all together. I'm trying to make mine longer and more than spotting. Idk) So...can't really say what the bloat is or isn't.

Any way. After BAB bloat is even worse.

9. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Water can make me bloat but I don't know if it's possible for "normal" people. I get it when my electrolytes get messed up.

10. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I posted an ad once on our local social email list..... home wanted for homeless scobies. I had the same feelings ;) But they just multiplied to fast so they needed to go.

You can get filler-less probiotics but I'm with ya' why pay money for something I can grow.....

11. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

I'm a bit confused, too, but it seems that with Hashi's fermented foods are potentially more dangerous than helpful. Because they produce acetaldehydes they are an issue for the gut. If you ferment them less, you've got a sugar issue. Maybe Jen/Soul can say more.

12. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

So I'm still in the stage of begging my doc for thyroid meds, but.... is it possible that your Armour could make you bloat? Maybe another reason to make a case for T3 only???

13. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

I 'think' that taking NAC with meals is OK. Maybe better to take them separately, but I wouldn't stress about that too much. Also, I forgot, there is colostrum. It's not fermented! :)

14. Thank's Lauren. i have a consult soon with Dr K, I will make that clear.

15. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

I'd love to hear some clearer thinking on this. I hope you get some resolution. Right now I'm not even sure if I should be giving the homemade kevita to my children or not.

16. So TOM has arrived and brought with him a zit and bloating. We shall see what the next 28 days bring. It's really a roller coatster these days. Today i am SO tired. Of course I was out last night until 11 and into the wine. Plus I have a situation around me that is stressful. A friend's husband was in a bike accident while doing a triathlon and he's in the TICU with a broken neck and other broken stuff including his brain stem. Doctors say they don't think he will ever breathe on his own but he is conscious. Of course, no one iced him. Even though I live in Buffalo, home of the doc that saved the football player from being paralyzed with ice. I was at the hospital today. He looks worse than he did a week ago and the docs have pretty much given up on him and have been putting a lot of pressure on his wife to sign DNR and take him off ventilator. I can't imagine. If you feel drawn to do so, say a prayer for them. Thanks

17. OMG. I sure will make a prayer for them. So sad.

18. thanks Katy!

19. Sorry, too. Reminder to enjoy what you can when you can.