1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Jennifer (JanSz)

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by JanSz, Jun 10, 2012.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omega6/Omega3=2(1.3-12)

AA/EPA=0.2(0.2-7)

AA=0.4(0.3-2.3) you want to be close to top range

This may be due to very high EPA(first) and very high DHA(second)

Waiting out, eat

1gelcap/day NowFoods Primrose Oil (that is GLA which hopefully will convert to more AA)

also

B3, B6, C, biotin,Zn, Mg

Better yet do Spectracell Analysis, prevent (futile) guessing.

On end of 3-4 months do Fatty Acid Analysis,

but get it from Genova Diagnostics (or better, more detiled)

EPA=2.4H(46)

LDL=120(>
    Abstract:

The active secosteroid hormone 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin-D (1,25D) often reaches excessive levels in normocalcemic patients suffering from chronic Th1 inflammatory illnesses, including sarcoidosis and rheumatoid arthritis. This is due to unregulated production of 1,25D in the mitochondria of activated macrophages. Phagocytic cells parasitized by cell wall deficient (CWD) L-forms of bacteria drive this dysfunction of vitamin D metabolism. The paracrine levels of 1,25D rise and the level of substrate 25-D falls. If studies measure only the 25D precursor, a low 25D may be misinterpreted as indicating the patient requires vitamin D supplementation. Our data show that active 1,25D hormone may be elevated, even with a low level of 25D substrate because of the inflamed macrophages’ hyperactive conversion to the active hormone. In sarcoidosis, for example, this dysregulated vitamin D conversion can mean that even a moderate intake of vitamin D through ingestion or solar exposure can cause the 1,25D hormone to become high enough to stimulate osteoclastic action, and bone resorption. Data presented here suggest that this extra-renal synthesis of 1,25D is more widespread than previously thought and because it leads to vitamin D hypersensitivity, has important implications for research, diagnosis and treatment of chronic disease. The relationship of our data to past research on the role of vitamin D in several diseases is discussed. The assay of both the active 1,25D and inactive 25D metabolites will lead to additional clinical data, potentially improving both diagnosis and care of a variety of autoimmune and other Th1 illnesses. The high recovery rate using a new antibacterial protocol (initially developed for treating sarcoidosis) and the normalization of 1,25D levels, subsequent to such treatment, emphasizes the importance of measuring both the active 1,25D hormone and the 25D substrate. It should be noted that serum must be properly handled and transported frozen in order to obtain accurate 1,25D test results. Further, an increase in 25D levels induced by vitamin D supplementation may lead to long-term disease progression by facilitating proliferation of the intracellular CWD bacterial pathogens.

//////////////////////////

2. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I'll throw my $.02 in: Don't attempt to fix a supplement-created problem with more supplements.

Eat your O6. Give your body a chance to fix the mess. It obviously already is attempting to or you wouldn't crave all those nuts!

And you needs some zinc ;)

3. chocolate

chocolate Silver

JanSz;62307 wrote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omega6/Omega3=2(1.3-12)

AA/EPA=0.2(0.2-7)

Waiting out, eat

1gelcap/day NowFoods Primrose Oil (that is GLA which hopefully will convert to more AA)

also

B3, B6, C, biotin,Zn, Mg

EPA=2.4H(46)

LDL=120(t_info.php?products_id=5380

Abstract:

The active secosteroid hormone 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin-D (1,25D) often reaches excessive levels in normocalcemic patients suffering from chronic Th1 inflammatory illnesses, including sarcoidosis and rheumatoid arthritis. This is due to unregulated production of 1,25D in the mitochondria of activated macrophages. Phagocytic cells parasitized by cell wall deficient (CWD) L-forms of bacteria drive this dysfunction of vitamin D metabolism. The paracrine levels of 1,25D rise and the level of substrate 25-D falls. If studies measure only the 25D precursor, a low 25D may be misinterpreted as indicating the patient requires vitamin D supplementation. Our data show that active 1,25D hormone may be elevated, even with a low level of 25D substrate because of the inflamed macrophages’ hyperactive conversion to the active hormone. In sarcoidosis, for example, this dysregulated vitamin D conversion can mean that even a moderate intake of vitamin D through ingestion or solar exposure can cause the 1,25D hormone to become high enough to stimulate osteoclastic action, and bone resorption. Data presented here suggest that this extra-renal synthesis of 1,25D is more widespread than previously thought and because it leads to vitamin D hypersensitivity, has important implications for research, diagnosis and treatment of chronic disease. The relationship of our data to past research on the role of vitamin D in several diseases is discussed. The assay of both the active 1,25D and inactive 25D metabolites will lead to additional clinical data, potentially improving both diagnosis and care of a variety of autoimmune and other Th1 illnesses. The high recovery rate using a new antibacterial protocol (initially developed for treating sarcoidosis) and the normalization of 1,25D levels, subsequent to such treatment, emphasizes the importance of measuring both the active 1,25D hormone and the 25D substrate. It should be noted that serum must be properly handled and transported frozen in order to obtain accurate 1,25D test results. Further, an increase in 25D levels induced by vitamin D supplementation may lead to long-term disease progression by facilitating proliferation of the intracellular CWD bacterial pathogens.

this study is so interesting. Bipolar episodes happen in too much sun.... they are seasonal.

4. Hi Anna. Sorry to here about your migraines. Wish I had advice but luckily I have never experienced this. Shijin and Colleen Cobie are the ones to ask. I believe that when TOM arrives, p and e drop. But I am clueless. Check out this thread maybe it will help

This thread is located at:

http://forum.jackkruse.com/showthread.php?1682-BHRT-Advice-suggestions-and&goto=newpost

Good luck

5. Always love ur sense! Taking my nasty zinc! Blech. Gonna back off on fish and fat in general. I'm so all or nothing...

6. JanSz;62307 wrote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omega6/Omega3=2(1.3-12)

AA/EPA=0.2(0.2-7)

Waiting out, eat

also

B3, B6, C, biotin,Zn, Mg

EPA=2.4H(46)

LDL=120(fo.php?products_id=5380

Abstract:

Thanks JanSz. My doc upped my Armour to 120. My temps are still only coming up 96.6. So I might need more. Trying to wait for stool test results b4 calling fx med doc for a plan.

I am shocked by these results. I don't think I took nearly enough supps to do this. I only really ever remembered to take them once a day and func med doc rxed them twice a day. Could my body be that sensitive? Of course PMD is not happy w VAP even with the big and buoyant fat.

The Vit D is most confusing. If I'm reading it correctly it is saying I have very little Vit D from supplements (

7. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Most likely you're taking D3, so your D3 level is all that counts.

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Jennifer;62417 wrote: Thanks JanSz. My doc upped my Armour to 120. My temps are still only coming up 96.6. So I might need more. Trying to wait for stool test results b4 calling fx med doc for a plan.

I am shocked by these results. I don't think I took nearly enough supps to do this. I only really ever remembered to take them once a day and func med doc rxed them twice a day. Could my body be that sensitive? Of course PMD is not happy w VAP even with the big and buoyant fat.

The Vit D is most confusing. If I'm reading it correctly it is saying I have very little Vit D from supplements (

9. Thanks JanSz that helps a lot. I will focus on these things. The body does seem to know what it needs...never can eat enough Brazil nuts.

My doc is pretty open but still prescribing no red meat, no shrimp and exercise to bring down cholesterol. I wouldn't do statin for anything. But I am considering swimming...could be good.

10. chocolate

chocolate Silver

melatonin brings down cholesterol.... its better than statins....