1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Jeanne's Optimal Journal...finally.

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Jeanne, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Jeanne

Jeanne Gold

After being on here almost a year and reading and reading and listening I am ready to reluctantly post my journal. I'm a pretty private person and this stuff has blown me away for a while now so I've been trying to just catch up and learn from everyone.
    I'm 57 years old and live in Franklin, Tennessee. I am married and have 5 grown children. I grew up near here and genetically I am 99.9% Northern European. I grew up in a rural area and lived outside most of the time. We didn't have cell phones, video games and only 3 channels on TV so it was just what we did in the old days! :) We had a huge garden that we all worked for years. My parents were extremely vibrant and healthy until got older and more "affluent" and started buying all their food from the grocery store and staying inside almost all of the time. My mom had a bad car accident in her late 30's and had back surgery. She was never the same. Multiple back surgeries later and living inside with no physical activity and she gained a ton of weight and eventually succumbed to breast cancer at 56. She had type II diabetes when she died and was on at least 20 various medications. I watched this happen and decided I would NOT go down that path. However, like most people on here my approach from everything I read at the time was diet, supplements and exercise. My father died of colon cancer (he also had diabetes) at the age of 78. Fortunately, I have always been a sun lover and continued to be outside and get sun until approx. 15 years ago when we started being told that sun would kill us all. I started staying inside more, wearing sunglasses outdoors and, of course, wearing sunscreen whenever I was exposed to the killer sun. I also started working in my husband's dental practice full time since my kids were older. So, lots of blue light. My health started declining a few years ago and I increased the supplements and started eating ketogenic and was eventually diagnosed with chronic Lyme disease. Eating a ketogenic diet helped for a bit and then menopause hit. I had terrible sleep, mood swings, gained 10 lbs and just felt tired much of the time. My doc prescribe Bio hormone replacement and it helped tremendously. After reading Jack say that using bio estrogen is not that great of an idea I have drastically cut back and use it only in small doses now when the hot flashes start up. I am still using progesterone cream. I don't have hoshimotos but I do have thyroid nodules and am taking 30 mg of Armour thyroid daily. Since hearing Jack on a podcast I have made some big changes: AM sunlight, sunlight as much as possible during the day, lots of water, fish and more fish, and I have almost eliminated all the supplements I was taking. I am also using a tanning type bed as a supplement for the sun this winter when we have those awful cloudy, overcast days. I have noticed in the past that I just feel better in the spring and summer and have always hated winter. Now, I know why. I am no longer working in my husband's office either and that one change made a HUGE difference in how I feel. I thought it was difficult because I was working with my husband which I felt was stressful but now I think it was the horrible lighting, EMF and lack of sun. Now, I feel so much better but I know I have lots more to do. First, we moved to Franklin from Memphis 7 years ago and we live in a community of 1500 houses close by. I am looking at moving to a more rural area now but this will take a little time to implement. I also want to help my husband figure out how to reduce his days in the office and his schedule so he can get more sun. There's a huge difference in his mood on the weekends as opposed to the weekdays. We are going to Jamaica in early February and I cannot wait! It helps me get through January knowing that a tropical vacation awaits.

2. Nittygrittydanny

Nittygrittydanny New Member

great start on a journal. Is your son still playing pro baseball, if so where?

Danny

3. Jeanne

Jeanne Gold

Still with the Dbacks! Getting ready for spring training now! Thanks for asking, Danny!

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I lived in nashville for 15 years and moved because I found through ten years of bio hacks I could not get enough of UV light there to offset my environmental strains of practice. Dentistry is far worse. why? Drilling out Hg under blue light causes Mercury resonance. I spoke about it on several of the recent blog comments. You might want to Google it.

Cindy Domitrovits likes this.
  5. Jeanne

Jeanne Gold

Hi Jack! Yes, I have listened to you talk about dentistry and the crappy lights. I know this is a HUGE issue for my husband and we are starting to address this for him. He does surgery and not general dentistry but the light situation is the same. After moving here 7 years ago and starting over in his practice, moving is not an option right now. However, adjusting his surgery schedule and work days IS under his control. He's Southern Italian too so I know he needs more sun than even I do. I know that I felt like crap when I worked in his office full time. My daughter recently quit her job as a designer in a retail store because she realized the fluorescent lights were making her sick. She told me a story of one day when there was a storm that blew out a main power supply to the mall. They had back up lighting but could only operate a few lamps around the store--no overhead lights were on all day. She said the mood of the workers AND the customers was way better that day. She talked to her store manager about light and they told her she was crazy so she just quit and is no on her own. Thanks for all you do to shine the light into the darkness!

caroline likes this.
  6. Jeanne

Jeanne Gold

40 degrees today and bright sun!! Sitting out as long as possible today because rain is on the way tomorrow. :( According to my DMinder the UVI is 2 and I am making 30 ius per minute.

caroline likes this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Welcome!

When you know better .....you just plain do better!

wildperoxin, Jeanne and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  8. Jeanne

Jeanne Gold

So true, Caroline! I'm working on it!

9. Jeanne

Jeanne Gold

So, I'm trying to figure out why I have Tinnitus again. I have experienced this on and off for about 15 years but since I made so many quantum changes it has mostly disappeared. It's been back for 5 days. Went back and did a search on the site and read everything Jack has written about Tinnitus. I am sleeping great, no gut issues, good energy and I have been in the sun as much as possible. I am using a tanning bed when there's no sun for a few days. In the past I felt the Tinnitus was related to hormonal fluctuations because it worsened the week prior to menstruation. Post-menopausal I haven't experienced this as much. I am thinking it is back due to excess EMF since I live in a neighborhood of people with WIFI and cell phones. I can see 10 WIFI networks in my house when I look for networks. Offsetting this EMF situation with more grounding, more sunlight and more DHA to see if this helps.

caroline likes this.
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

tinnitus is a sign of loss of energy from the cochlea............so it is an environmental change..........look around you for things that have changed.

Jeanne likes this.
  11. Jeanne

Jeanne Gold

Thanks so much, Jack! I can't think of any changes in the environment recently but I will keep looking!

12. nicld

nicld Gold

For me, when I visited my DD in Arizona and stayed in her apartment I could just feel the nnEMF's all around me. Only felt good when I left the area to go for hikes in the dessert. Maybe it is the nnEMF's.

caroline likes this.
  13. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

For me tinnitus is always from nnEMF. Nothing I've found totally gets rid of tinnitus, except to get away from it.

Lite Nomad, Jeanne and caroline like this.
  14. caroline

caroline Moderator

Did you get any new appliances?

15. Jeanne

Jeanne Gold

Hi Caroline! Well, guess what??? My husband got an Amazon Echo for Christmas. I unplugged that thing and will see if that helps. Thanks!

caroline likes this.
  16. Jeanne

Jeanne Gold

Been really looking at some land to build a house or buy a house on some land to get away from all this NNEMF. Moving out of Franklin, TN is not practical for a few more years due to DH's practice. We do have 3 trips scheduled in the next 3 months going to sunny areas! The first one is Jamaica and I cannot wait. It's been rainy/snowy/dreary/cold here for the past several days and it just makes me feel blah.

caroline likes this.
  17. Jeanne

Jeanne Gold

Went out with my girlfriends last night and drank WAY too much wine. UGH. Drinking lots of water this morning...and it's snowing here. I'm not a fan of winter.

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Jamaica is a really poor country........and I went there and I was not impressed.

Cindy Domitrovits likes this.
  19. Jeanne

Jeanne Gold

I agree...we've been there before and wasn't impressed either. But, my husband as a meeting there and I'm going with him to get out of the cold!! We are going to Montego Bay this time.

20. Jeanne

Jeanne Gold

Went to the chiropractor and he adjusted my back and neck. Tinnitus went away for two days...then it came back. Going to Montego Bay tomorrow and plan to get lots of sunshine and beach time. We had an unusually beautiful and warm, sunny day yesterday. It felt great to sit outside for a couple of hours. Friday evening we had dinner with two holistic dentists and as we were talking about cancer, supplements, etc. I brought up light and mitochondria. They were very interested but had no idea how light and mitochondria are connected so I told them about Jack and this site. I also sent them a few podcasts that Jack recorded about light. Hopefully, they will get it.