1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Jeanne’s road to health

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Green Eyes, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Green Eyes

Green Eyes Silver

Ok, so here is my journal. Background: I’m a beginner who doesn’t know squat. I have read the blogs, book, postings and more. Don’t understand all the details even though I am a nurse. What I have come to realize is you have to stop reading and start doing, even if you don’t have it all figured out.
    So, here I am. I have left my job as a Nurse working in a clinic if front of a computer 40 hours a week. I saved up every penny and rented a Condo in Destin for the Winter. I arrived two days ago along with the most life sucking Cold and cough I ever had.
    I am overweight and spent the majority of my life either working or sitting on my butt. I get out of breath going up stairs and my muscles are getting weaker every year from inactivity (I’m too tired and didn’t have the time). I have been wearing the cheapest blue blockers from Amazon cause blue light is blue light, right.
    Since my arrival I have started a new life: I am drinking unfloridated water, I get up at Sunrise and walk the beach for 45 minutes, I’m eating the Leptin reset ( 25 grams carbs daily) with seafood daily, I got the Ra Optics glasses....boy what a difference! I sit on the beach after breakfast in my Kinicki ( and it has been chilly here) and read a real book or fall asleep. At night, only candles and my Ra Optics if I go to the store. I stopped using my OTC sleep aides too.
    Today, I feel better, life sucking Cold seems to be dissipating. Feel asleep and woke up first time without needing those dam pills. Don’t know if I’m losing weight as there is no scale in the Condo, and honestly I don’t care about the numbers. I will keep posting about my journey as I am doing this for me. If anyone out there find something helpful here, take what you need. If anyone find offense....may GOD bless you and that’s your problem.

humbled by my ignorance and desire for convenience

Jude, Cuffy, Sue-UK and 2 others like this.
  2. Anne V

Anne V Gold

Hi Green eyes,
    lovely to meet you.
    it looks like you are taking steps.
    super, keep going.

Green Eyes likes this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Good luck Green eyes! I love your journal so far and how you are taking charge of your life.

me thinks you might have a very special neighbour??????

Inger and Green Eyes like this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I'll be on the beach at Destin tomorrow.

Green Eyes likes this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2019-12-5_15-22-53.png

Green Eyes likes this.
  6. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

Bravo! Your discovery was a real eye opener for me, except I didn't even figure it out for myself. I was seeing a nutritionist, who admitted I knew more about nutrition than she did. Then she dropped the bomb: "I wonder if you love research so much in order to avoid doing." Ouch.

Destin sounds heavenly right now (we got over 2 feet of snow on Monday).

I hope you run into Jack tomorrow!

Inger, drezy and Green Eyes like this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2019-12-5_15-53-10.png

Quickstep is better with Green Eyes

Green Eyes likes this.
  8. Green Eyes

Green Eyes Silver

Thank you all.
    I’ll be out there too. Noticed the only people on the beach at Sunrise are out walking their dogs! I think the animals are way smarter than we realize

Inger, Novah and caroline like this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

can't wait to hear more!

10. Novah

Novah New Member

The dogs are actually on the beach? I thought dogs weren’t allowed on Destin beaches so it’s nice to hear there may be some wiggle room on this in the off season.

Ps. I love watching my dog as they go on instinct and usually don’t wear shoes or clothes!

11. Green Eyes

Green Eyes Silver

Sorry to mislead, the puppies were walking on the sidewalk along the beach. I did see a Facebook post from Destin Life where the people were waiting until 5:00 pm then unleashed their dogs and let them run down the beach access stairway to the surf. Don’t know what that was about.

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I was on beach all day yesterday........and the weather was not all good. I still persisted.

Anne V, caroline, drezy and 1 other person like this.
  13. caroline

caroline Moderator

love being on the beach - no matter what. We have serious bush fires here and there is a lot of smoke haze

14. Green Eyes

Green Eyes Silver

Week 1 update: I have noticed I like to sit on my butt way too much! Not a big surprise, so I have coupled taking a 30 minute walk every morning at Sunrise and Sunset. That way I get my “eye signals” and moving all in one. There have been a couple of cloudy and windy days this week. I found out I can turn my back to the wind and cover my back with a blanket...ta da! I’m comfortable, getting sun on my front and ground myself with my toes in the sand. Eating Leptin reset stuff is a little more confusing. I’m taking it as a work in progress. Priorities are eating that BAB and limiting carbs to 25 grams a day. So far so good. If I’m hungry at lunchtime I know I didn’t eat a big enough breakfast, otherwise I’m good to go until dinner. Sleeping is improving. I’m off the Ambien and OTC sleep aides. The days I spent the most time grounded on the beach was my best sleep too. Well, that’s my first week. Next week is supposed to be cloudy and rainy. A perfect opportunity to work on a plan B... ; )

caroline likes this.