1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Jaw tremor

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Maguel, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Maguel

Maguel Maguel

Hi Jack, a few months ago I became aware of a kind of tremor in my lower jaw. It is a bit like when one's teeth chatter in the cold but not as intense. If I hold my teeth just slightly apart I hear a gentle tapping of the teeth. It gets slightly worse as I extend my jaw outwards. I am concerned it may be a sympton of a neurological issue.

Some background and possible contributing factors:-

1) About 6 months ago I had a bad wax buildup in my right ear which I treated with olive oil with limited success. Instead I got a bad infection in a fractured bottom right molar. This didn't clear up properly either and then about 3 months ago I picked up a really bad viral infection which lasted about 2 weeks. I finally went to my dentist about my tooth a month ago and she advised and carried out a root canal filling on the molar. I mentioned my tremor and she thought it could possibly be a muscular issue because I had been chewing on one side of my mouth for so long. Since the root canal work I haven't noticed any improvement in the tremor.

2) Some time ago I was told by my dentist that I grind my teeth at night so I am wondering if it may be related to this.

3) I also mentioned it to a psychologist I have done some work with and he suggested it could in some way be connected to the trauma of abuse I experienced as a child.

4) I am 57 years old now and have had a lot of fillings in my teeth since childhood from being given sweet drinks.

Generally my health is very good and I have no serious medical issues so I would be very grateful if you had any insights about this.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

4. Maguel

Maguel Maguel

Thanks Jack. I will need to do more research.