1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Janno Curing his Multiple Sclerosis

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by janno joona, Mar 19, 2014.

1. kovita

kovita Silver

Janno, do you do any methylation support? For many people this turns out being important part of their healing. I can see just b12 levels on your tests. normal range, but could be higher. the white matter in your mouth sounds like oral thrush or batter said candida overgrowth. This is nit normal at all for adults. I have no experience with candida overgrowth myself but i know from experience of others you can suffer pretty bad die off reactions when you deprive candida od what it wants from you - carbs and specially sugars. This sort of matches your experience with this problem and maybe you can think about candida when trying to decode your strong reactions to low carb diets. Basically the dying yeasts are filling your body with a lot of toxins and this causes you a lot of issues including the ones you describe. Maybe you can think of trying to use some toxin binders such as charcoal or aloe or chlorella, Ia m sure ther is much more. this can help you to go through this crisis. Now. i would stress again to look into methylation because your issues on high fat low carb diet lasted for a very long time. this means maybe your body is not really good at removing the rubbish from your blood and it keeps on circulating and it is stored in some fatty tissue (think brain etc). If the methylation does not work detoxing will not happen and you keep on storing toxins in your body. This build up of toxins is "pousoning" your CNS, MS is one of the diseases frequently mentioned on the list of chronic diagnosis that could rise from longterm malfunctional methylation.

2. Inger

Inger Silver

I think that was a great decision to move out to the countryside Janno - and yes.. try to earth more.. it is warm enough now to be barefoot outside :) try at least an hour a day! Oh man.. I am so exited when you move out to your parents and earth all day long in the sunshine and swim in lakes - you will get healthy really fast! :)
    Janno.. you should have seen the latest webinar - I think you would run outside to touch the earth in that very moment ;) Do read the new blog - I am half way through it and it is just... awesome !!!

I agree with you healing can be painful.. ouch! I do not have MS but I have other things.. and sometimes it hurts so bad.. But I have figured it is very much worth it :) :) :) and the nature... it helps take away the pain - we just need to go to her
    Just know you are not alone Janno :love:

3. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Janno you don't mention coconut oil, have a look at the link I posted in the cave to Alzheimer's, coconut oil is apparently doing great things for that and other neurological diseases like MS, Huntingdon's and Parkinson's.

I hope you find the answer, you are certainly doing enough research.

4. kyrakitty

kyrakitty New Member

Hi Jano,

Sooo good to hear from you. EMF is the thing I would be most diligent about but you are making lots of effort to get this in control.... After that make sure you are drinking RO water with no added minerals, plenty of earth grounding, and daily CT. Next...

First thing is I would wait to see what Dr. Tim recomends for additional supplements, besides the ones he already recomended, based on the results from 23andme. The 23andme will reveal possibile mutations that could be turned on due to epigenetics. The stool test will be big for you to assess leaky gut, parisites, other possible infections etc... Check out this blog Jack wrote titled....WHY LEAKY GUTS LEAD TO MS? I know you already saw lots of stuff on other sites about leaky gut and MS but if you haven't already seen that blog it's a good one... I bet the stool test will also help to figure out what the white stuff is in your mouth among many other things.

I had one consult with Dr. Tim and we discussed my 23andme results and he recomended a list of suplements which I started in the lat week. I am adding the list he recomended slowly to prevent my body from freaking out. So far so good. I am going to be doing the same stool test you are doing very soon here.

As far as diet...If possible make the switch over to the epipalio RX diet (axe the chicken if you eat chicken) try to eat either a meal of oysters, shrimp, crab, lobster or fish, 2x per day if possible, liver or other organ meats are the next best and make grass finished beef your 3rd choice/source of protien. Also eating a lot more steamed vegtables at nearly every meal has most recently been a real game changer for me.

For getting fats in for added keytones have you tried a cup of Bulletproof coffe in the morning and a 2nd cup before 2pm to help with your afternoon slump when you feel the worst? It can help to get the fats you need 2x per day so you don't overdo it with fats? Maybe only do 1-2tbs butter (I use ghee from grassfed cows instead of regular butter) plus 1/2 - 1 tbsp of braine octane in the coffee to start... Instead of regular coconut oil use this product in your bulletproof coffee. His coffe is low in mycotoxins and since you have MS that is important. I wouldn't drink just any coffe having an AI. Then you can use olive oil and maybe some avocado oil with your meals and get the keytone producing fats in your coffee instead of through your meals.

You said "When I am trying to go ketogenic (drinking extra fat coconut milk and eating more fat, less fruit etc) I am feeling really sick, tired and dizzy."

This happened to me and I had to cut my fat intake in half. So now I do the bulletproof drink 2 times a day and when I eat meals I just use ghee, olive oil or lard from grass finished beef. I don't know if that will help you but it helped me. Also I added a ton more stemed vegetables, liver and of course the oysters, shripm, crab etc.... The high fat intake doesn't seem to work for some if they aren't ALSO eating enough nutrient dense foods epipalio style.

I bet vitamin C will be really helpful for you as the fruits that make you feel better seem to be relatively high in vit c Dr. K hinted at vit c being important with regards to collegan and water (our biggest semi conductor) and that at some point he is going to give us more info on this. I know the fruits are obviously also high in carbs... I am experimenting with more nutrient dense foods to help me with my carb cravings it does seem to help I think it's because my cells are searching for more fuels beyond my high fat intake and when I dont eat enough nutrient dense foods my cells send out signals causing my body to desperately crave carbs as an emergency quick fix. So perhaps the high fat diet needs more balance with a high nutrient dense diet as well along with more epipalio proteins.

5. Penny

Penny New Member

Vitamin C halts inflammation - grape seed extract is also awesome - and vitamin e - fruit has lots of vitamin c but any plant fiber also feeds your gut microbes - just my guess:)

6. kyrakitty

kyrakitty New Member

Hi Jano,

In a post today Jack said

"In a stressed state, the rate of biophoton emissions goes up. In certain diseases......you can have too much blue light photons......and this can causes massive disease. An example is Multiple Sclerosis"

MS is an excess of blue highly powered photons that cause a massive protein shape conformational change to the AQA mechanism that controls water flows in the brain......

http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/is-dna-an-antenna-for-native-emf.10981/

Here is the link to this whole thread in case your interested

7. Clayton

Clayton New Member

Aside from excess blue light and loss of DHA, is MS due to the Iron deposition (and consequent fenton reactions) found in those with CCSVI? How would one go about opening these veins? Local CT? Fournier effect with heat at the neck? Red light in the area?

Theka likes this.
  8. janno joona

janno joona New Member

So what's new...

I came to Hawaii because I had 2 relapses in Estonia. I figured that maybe the sunshine and Aloha would help. It is definitely easier here to find outdoor activities. Ocean and sunshine are a great help. Minus is the high cost of living and EMF radiation everywhere. But it’s not that hard to go camping to some more distant areas.

But unfortunately I had another serious relapse here as well. And this is how it happened. Those 2 relapses I had in Etonia were treated by 2g SoluMedrol for 5 days each time. The first one was treated actually by 5 day 1g SoluMedrol + 5 day 2g SoluMedrol IV. So the amount of steroids was remarkable. It helped with the MS symptoms (heavy legs, balance, numbness, weird skin sensations) and corrcted the blurry vision to some extent. But left me fatigued and the blurry vision slowly returned.

So after coming to Hawaii I stayed grain free, dairy free and was following the best gut healing diet and taking the best supplements for that, that I know of.

But I felt terribly fatigued and depressed. So I thought adding carbs back in might help. I started with organge juice and berries. And felt way better initially. Tried Acai bowl without honey or sugar and felt terrific right after eating that. The caffeine content is quite high in that berry that they use in their mix.

So I got excited and I ate some coconut milk ice cream (which was low glycemic) and felt like some heavy burden had been lifted from my shoulders. It wasn’t any kind of sugar rush, but I felt like I want to live again. Libido, willpower, happiness and hope was back in my life.

Besides that I had some white matter in my mouth that dissappeared and I found some supporting opinions (Chris Kresser, Dave Asprey, SCD Lifestyle Guys) online that adding some carbs might be a good idea. So I tried sushi with white rice, sweet potato, bananas, plaintains. But that backfired, because quite often after eating oranges or drinking that juice I initially felt awesome, but after a while getting the leg cramps etc. All the fruits and even berries seemed to cause some kind of immune system irritation. Restless legs, balance problems etc.

One afternoon it got so bad that I couldn’t really walk anymore.

So now I went to the hospital again and got 1g SoluMedrol for 5 days. Today was the 3rd day. This is a huge amount. I was reading dr Thomas Cowans article about how to come off of steroids and I belieeve Jack Kruse having the same opinion that it’s not smart to come off of corticosteroids very suddenly.

So Im wondering if now the 5 days will be over - should I continue with some smaller amount of maybe oral prednisone and then get the adrenal cortex extract from American Biologics. I have beeen eating and supplementing with vitC and other things, but that really didn’t make much of a difference in 3 months. Or should I go straight to the adrenal cortex and then stop that after some weeks? Im just thinking that cutting that big dose suddenly might not be a good idea.

9. janno joona

janno joona New Member

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  10. janno joona

janno joona New Member

The GI Test results I took earlier. Probably going to do that again soon. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbi43t6x0l0omob/JJoonaGIresults (4).pdf
    Trying to take care of the clostridia overgrowth with biocidin and argentyn protocol recommended by dr Tim Jackson. I suspected a serious candida albicans overgrowth which the test doesn't seem to be reflecting. But then again - not every test result is always accurate.

11. janno joona

janno joona New Member

So here are the dots that need to be connected.

My current symptoms listed by how much something bothers me:
    Blurry vision
    Weakness
    – can’t get more than 3 pull-ups in a row for example.Which is way worse than a year ago.
    Fatigue/depression - makes it very hard to stick to the low inflammation diet. Carb craving is quite serious.

Balance problems
    Heavy legs, sometimes restless cramping and twitching,
    Gets worse when eating carbs.
    Digestive issues – bloating, almost every food gets me either tired and sleepy after eating or makes the MS symptoms worse (vision, walking, balance)
    Bladder – need to go often. Messes up my sleep.
    Restless sleep at night – quite often I wake up around 2-3 am and can’t get back to sleep after 2-3 hours.
    Sleepy during the day. If I wait after 10 pm and go to bed later it often very hard to fall asleep.
    Fat around the waistline, mainly belly. I can loose it very quickly on a high fat diet with bone broth etc. But this feels extremely tiring and messes up the vision.
    Low libido

What alleviates/worsens the symptoms:
    Blurry vision
    – eating some type of sugar helped with that a lot. Apples. Oranges, Berries. Felt awesome after eating chocolate. Sleep, libido, energy, vision – everything got better quickly. But it definitely makes the cramping and other MS symptoms worse. The same about fatigue and depression – initially better, but not doing much good in the long run. Chocolate might be cross reactive with gluten as well. And that seemed to be the main agressor this time.
    Digestion - The hardest and most frustrating part is to figure out the right diet. Seems that everything makes me either bloated or super tired. Tried the GAPS based approach. That worked for fat loss around the waistline for sure. But J got another relapse while on it (while in Estonia during the winter). There was a lot of stress going on at the same time. Plus I was in the middle of EMS-s and blue light a lot. Didn’t sleep well at all. Probably did some cheating as well with bananas/oranges to get the blurry vision better. Adding carbs made it easier to fall asleep – but then the autoimmunity flared.
    Seemes that only Kale with some Salmon seem to work at this point. Other leafy greens seem to make legs worse. Plaintains, sweet potato, white rice, bananas – all no good. Coconut milk also no good. Sardines make me very bloated. So does eating chicken, bacon or organ meats. Low HCL probably caused by the corticosteroids and exhausted adrenals. Did the easy baking soda test for low HCL and that confirmed it. So supplementing with HCL Betaine at the moment. Also some digestive enzymes.
    I had some progress digestion-wise, but since the overall fatigue, low energy and vision was seriously bothering I got carried away with the carbs.

Going swimming makes the vision better quickly. It seemed to get better with cold showers as well. But not anymore. By the way, cold showers get me bloated. No matter if I have eaten anything before that or not.
    Sunshine and heat worsen the legs, skin and vision. Probably this is more caused by heat that comes with the sunshine here in Hawaii.

Getting outside also seems to make things better. Days without laptop or mobile phone seem to do good. Actually I would put it more like this– sitting at a computer makes me feel worse and spending time outside just seems like less of a hell. Staring at the sunlight in the mornng seems to do good.

So all in all – classic chronic disease. Adrenal problems, gut issues, autoimmunity and depression. Gotten a lot smarter about all that. I really have come a long way. Where I come from taking things in your own hands and asking questions about your health is not as common as here in the States. People seem to trust the system much more over there. But the system is unfortunately only doing half of the job to help people.

Now I just need a smart wizard to quide me through that maze. Feeling like a Prince of Persia from the computer game I used to play as a kid. Trying to sneak by the obstacles and so on. Hopefully once I get through all that the prize will be nothing but awesome.

12. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Jannoo!!! Great to hear from you again!!
    Sounds like you have done your own n=1 with starches.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  13. kyrakitty

kyrakitty New Member

If doing a a low carb/Ketogenic diet the best way to do it is to test using instruments instead of guessing this is why doing low carb/keto doesn't work for a lot of people. You can purchase instruments for home use, like a glucometer to test blood sugar and Keto meter to test keytones (by testing your breath). The glucometer I just mentioned also does blood keytones but the sticks needed that the drop of blood goes on are $5 each so a box of 100 is $189... to expensive for me but if it isn't for you testing the blood is the gold standard vs testing your breath BUT the breath is good too. Don't use urine sticks to test keytones they are not reliable at all.

Doing a low carb/ketogenic diet is difficult to do unless you test with the mentioned instruments and use meal plans that add up to the right protien, carbohydrate and fat ratio specific to your N=1. When you figure out your personal protein, carb and fat ratio that allows you to maintain nutritional ketosis (everyone's ratios are different) you will not feel hungry for carbs and it improves all degenerative diseases from A-Z. Their are many good books out their but I like Keto Clarity because it actually tells you what steps to take to do a ketogenic diet where the others focus on why ketogenic is good but not the steps to do it.

If what you're doing right now isn't working the way you want... maybe you're up to try something else.... perhaps trying to do a low carb/Keto diet properly by using instruments at home to test that you are doing it right will get you results you seek. If you are eating too many carbs or your protien intake is to high (both will turn into sugar and take you out of ketosis and make you crave carbs) in other words if you have tried doing low carb and it didn't work then.... the low carb/Keto diet wont work without using instruments to test your progress thus you will mistakenly thinking that low carb/ketosis doesn't work for you. Again only way to know if you're doing it right is to use the instruments I mentioned above. It take the body 2-6 weeks to adjust when doing ketosis so you could have what is called the keto flu (not feeling well) while your metabolisim switches from being a sugar burner to a fat burner. Be patient and stick with it!

My MS client will be doing this Keto diet using the above 2 mentioned instruments... he is reliant on a wheelchair and spends most of his time in bed.... if you want to know of his progress PM me and I will also give you some cheat sheets to look at in order to do Ketosis if you want. I will be coaching my MS client to do Nutritional Ketosis the right way.

The author of Keto clarity, Jimmy Moore, interviewed one of his experts that helped contribute to his book Angela Ross she wrote a book called "The Glucometer: A self-Empowering Tool to a Healthy and Lean Body." In the audio interview she tells Jimmy a very brief story about a lady who healed her self of MS doing ketosis in 6 months. Below is exactly what she said:

"Metabolic Damage is just so rampant these days. I don't think people really realize the reason their not feeling good and why they have chronic disease or chronic pain or why they can't seem to lose that weight that just keeps coming back is because they have metabolic damage. I know a wonderful woman who is struggling with MS... which is obviously a metabolic damage. And through diet, and some exercise, but mostly the diet she is almost healed from her MS. Her doctors are just in shock and it's been in a short amount of time from January to now, not even quite 6 months, of her changing her diet. And her MRI's look better and she is not having the episodes where she has the heavy symptoms. Her doctors are actually really really amazed and she feels better. She's functioning again vs how she was feeling back in January."

If you want to listen to Jimmy talking about Ketosis while interviewing Angela where she tells the MS story herself the link is below:

Jimmy's book Keto Clarity is a good one and I am guessing Angela's is good too but I have only read Jimmy's book.

Keto Clarity gives instructions on how to do a Nutritional Ketogenic Diet by tracking both ketones (with a ketone breath meter) and blood sugar (with a glucometer) without tracking both of these things you are more than likely not doing a low carb/Ketogenic Diet in a way that will help your MS. There are other clues to look at...
    • Look at your triglycerides, on your current labs, they should be 100 or less but the goal is to get them around 70. If triglycerides are above 100 this is a strong indication that you are eating to many carbs
    • Check your current labs to see if your A1c (aka HbA1c) between 4.8 - 5.4 (a key marker in blood sugar regulation that shows the average blood glucose over the previous three months) Jack likes them at 5 or less.
    • Check your current labs HS-CRP looking for .5 or below
    • If you get a glucometer...Daily fasting blood sugar around 80-90 keeping it within a 20-30 point range after meals. Jack likes them at 88 or below.
    • Ketones testing at home blood is better..... looking for hydroxybutyrate levels at 1 to 3 millimolar per liter
    Other great points to keep in mind:
    • Enjoy greater health and longevity that comes from controlling blood sugar levels naturally (via food) in the presence of higher ketones.
    • Ketones are actually the preferred fuel source for the muscles, heart, liver and BRAIN, these vital organs do not handle carbohydrates very well; in fact, they become damaged when we consume too many carbs.
    • Fruit...It's probably not a good idea for many. Stop guessing and thinking your fruit consumption is OK instead... pull out your glucometer and see what happens to your blood sugar when you eat fruit. If you see a large spike or sustained elevations in your blood sugar levels more than 2 hours, then you know your answer.
    • Figuring out meal plans that fit your specific carbs, protien and fat ratio are a pain in the ass. I am going to cheat, my client is gifting me meal plans that cost $300 where the recipes are all high fat/ketogenic (837 recipes total) and the author of the recipes, Maria, spells out the exact amount of carbs, protien and fat in each recipe so I don't have to deal with that time consuming hassle. I have issues with dairy and nuts. She has lots of dairy and nut free recipes and of course they are all wheat, corn, soy, grain and sugar free. If you're interested in meal plans see attachment for details on the meal plan I am getting... and below is a link to hear Jimmy Moore interview her about nutritional ketosis:
    I hope this helps...

Attached Files:

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

MS blog is coming soon. It is after the next monster on magnetism

Theka, Greenisland and kyrakitty like this.
  15. janno joona

janno joona New Member

Wow, thank you for the long answer Kyrakitty. Yeah, I have the glucometer, but the ketones I haven't really tested. I will get that as well.
    I ordered a 23andme test as well. They tried to take the DNA twice, but didn't succeed with that. I wonder why. Did everything right from my side.

I was just listening to a podcast that some genetics (ApoE) make it harder to pull cholesterol from blood stream. My cholesterol number is very high.

Cholesterol 7.2 mmol/L (280.8 mg/dl) reference <5). .
    HDL 2.3 mmol/L (41.44186)
    LDL 3.9 mmol/L (70.27098) reference :love:
    Iron low. The stool test also shows fat malabsorbtion and high stress. Here is the link for that: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbi43t6x0l0omob/JJoonaGIresults (4).pdf

So they put people on lower fat. Then again, there is a pretty good evidence that ketogenic diet is good for Alzheimer's. So Im a bit confused.

starts at 1.00.20.

Do you guys know any other tests you would recommend that would give me any idea about MTHR and other genetic nuances?

I

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    kyrakitty likes this.
  16. janno joona

janno joona New Member

17. Inger

Inger Silver

Janno I think all the EMF + the heat must be really not good for you... even I suffer from that combination and i am a pretty healthy person :confused:
    you need to find a place with as little EMF as possible, and on the cooler side....
    you know Jack has said, to heal we need cold, dark and boring...... just do not let yourself be scared, it sounds bad but in the end it is very much luxury :) it has a special, very special magic around it

and a place where you have access to great seafood for sure.

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The human brain can’t utilize more than 2% of neurons at time, or we faint when glucose is used as the main fuel. If we use ketones, the number neurons we recruit for use can rise. Blood is both a waiter and hazmat team for the brain. Ketones increase the “wait staff” and decrease the need for the “hazmat team.”

kyrakitty likes this.
  19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The lower your growth hormone level is, the more ketosis your mitochondria require. MS patients and most autoimmune patients have some of the lowest IGF-1 levels I have seen.

20. Inger

Inger Silver

Great stuff... great reminder. Janno if you do not know where to go where is less EMF, come here and stay by me for a while, here is not too bad EMF situation yet. Well my ex husband will move here too probably but we could all rent a big house for sure, and he speaks your language too
    well... this sound maybe weird but honestly you need to get healthy :) this sounds like no fun illness what you suffer from :(

I am helplessly in love with ketosis... i only crave protein and fat it makes me feel so good.... very good