1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

janagram's journey

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by janagram, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Inger

Inger Silver

That was what I needed today.. I totally needed it. It lifted me up from a dark place.
    Thank you Jack.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  2. janagram

janagram New Member

Oh, wow.. Jack's metaphor was awesome.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  3. janagram

janagram New Member

diane, you make a good point, I guess I can give The Mood Cure a chance...or at least try a few of her ideas. (quitting caffeine?) yikes

4. janagram

janagram New Member

OK, today I have cut my coffee in half. If I need a pick me up I will use tea. It doesn't seem to have the same addictiveness.
    And the BCAA (amino acids) seem to be making a diff in my sleep!!! Lots of GABA! I need sleep.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

I will be really interested to know how you go with your sleep........ Is this a season change thing for you too?

6. janagram

janagram New Member

These BCAA's are making the biggest difference I've had in my sleep!! I take 2 gm GABA at night in addition to the BCAA's in the day..plus melatonin, plus taurine, as per the Julia Ross site......sleep is improving.....I hope that's the reason cuz if it is I have found the key!

7. Hope

Hope Gold

Janagram....what is BCAA..... __amino acid? pardon me.

8. SCRN2007

SCRN2007 SCRN2007

Glad to hear the aminos are working for you Janagram! Two 100 mg prometrium, one 750 mg GABA, and 200 mg L-Theanine at bedtime, have gotten me away from needing Ambien. Finally! This was after nearly a year of red lights after sunset, using BluBlockers, and bringing up my DHEA had failed. I have no idea if the aminos are 100% safe long-term, but I suspect they are better than Ambien and so does my doctor.

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

really interesting Jana - I am going to check out that site - thanx!

10. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

Branch Chain amino acids

11. janagram

janagram New Member

thanks, ATLpaleo!
    And SCRN, I've heard promethium tossed around on this site...will have to look it up. (progesterone?) I'm sure I could use it!