1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

janagram's journey

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by janagram, Jul 13, 2012.

1. janagram

janagram New Member

awright...I decided to stop whining on Darleen's journal and do it on mine!
    How do ya lose the frickin weight so ya can just eat sensibly and maintain. I am so disappointed in everything I try. Sure I have the wine now and then...its called life! I am pretty good at locarb eating...it just doesn't get results. I'm ripe for a brand new fad diet!! Some idiot will come along and announce his new potato chip diet and I'll order 17 cases of potato chips and the tee shirt!! (hmmm, maybe I should be this guy!)

2. endless

endless New Member

I don't know....I still feel instinctively that low carb is best for me....and no sugar/dairy helps too. I was doing pretty well on the reset until I started messing with my hormones, actually. Then I gained my belly back. Still eating the same, except like Darleen I've scrapped the BAB in favor of a more half-assed approach (lol).

Now that I think of it, the best results I had were when I was eating more raw. I should get back to that and see if it makes a difference!

Anyway, as you can tell I can relate to how frustrating it is!

3. Inger

Inger Silver

Do all raw Janagram. But with mainly animal food, no fruit. Your whining will disappear like raindrops in the sun...:)
    You wan't regret it. I promise.

4. janagram

janagram New Member

thanks to both of you ladies! It gets so frustrating sometimes..maybe trying more raw food is a good idea...

5. janagram

janagram New Member

Ok, once......upon a time......once, a couple years ago, I went slightly mad...stressed out over mom's cancer diagnosis (terminal), and began to behave strangely. I went around with a cloth wiping every corner of my house (I may have reported this before, sorry) and cleaning all day..as well as eating very rigidly...VLC and not much of it. One poached egg in the a.m., 2 grassfed beef hotdogs for lunch, maybe some lettuce and small pc of meat for dinner. It was strange. I lost weight. I never thought about food except how to avoid it. I wouldn't go to book club or out with friends. Oh, yeah, I lost a lot of weight. I loved it.
    But sooner or later, sanity returned, I went out with friends, I cooked meals, I returned to my previous weight. (25 lbs. higher)
    So, I guess I know how it is done, don't I? (yiiikes)

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

I wish I could help you guys find answers.....for me - like Inger -eating raw has made a huge difference and no fruit. I do eat tons of fat - actually can't believe how much .....but overall........I am eating way less but am very satisfied and don't think about food until I am hungry.

7. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

I concur with Inger and caroline- drop the fruit- and more than one glass of wine dehydrates us. The further we get from SWEET in all it's forms the better we do. There is life without sweet.

8. janagram

janagram New Member

oh yeah. thanks. I believe I can do without sweet. but now, the wine? pooh.

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Come on - pull up your socks!! - you could split one glass of wine in two with soda water.....
    Honestly - I used to crave apples like a mad woman .....I made myself stop having any for a couple of weeks and it is all good now.....it is just out and out sugar cravings but we think we are having something healthy! I now could care less ... and I have loved apples all my life.

10. Inger

Inger Silver

Janagram I think you really need to drink ZERO alcohol. Make you some really lovely tea instead. Imagine strongly in your mind how alcohol destroys your cells and makes them dehydrated. Tell yourself, when you are 100% healthy and happy with your body, THEN you will drink wine again. But not before. And try minimum 60% raw, better 100%. You must think that way, if you REALLY want to get 100% well and happy you must choose. If the wine and not so optimal food is more important than that, it is your choise. But then you cannot go on wondering about why you do not get better.... it gets all just confusing. You need to put all in Janagram. :) That is when life gets so beautiful, and we need to not suffer anymore. :)

11. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

The day I was diagnosed with T2D I stopped all alcohol. That was four years ago. Best move I could have made. Let it go. Leave it behind you. You won't regret it. You will potentially save thousands of dollars a year. Do the math. Good luck.

12. janagram

janagram New Member

wow. what a concept. hm. it could happen..

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

Yep.....I think you have to be 100% in ... And go for gold. You are worth it! Make a plan and stick like glue. You are definitely worth the effort and if not now .....when?

14. janagram

janagram New Member

I am going to begin using aminos to try help sleep, Julia Ross style before I go completely round the bend. Off to research and buy amino acids.

15. janagram

janagram New Member

bought them. Now have to figure how to time the taking of them. last nights sleep was so bad....about 2-3 hrs. I'm having coffee now wondering what I can do with a day after no sleep. I am supposed to go hiking with friends... ReallY?
    I may have to go to the Julia Ross clinic. Its a couple hrs drive away.

16. janagram

janagram New Member

wow.after reading a yelp review of her clinic..(1 star by several reviewers) I guess I can forget that idea.

17. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

Have you read her book "Mood Cure"? She gives many examples from her clinic.

IMHO, her view is too focused on certain aspects of health. She is cutting down trees in the forest, and seems to be missing the 30,000 ft view.

18. Hope

Hope Gold

Janagram, I know several people who have been helped by her a lot. I am not sure about those yelp reviews. I am also not sure you need her....when you have 'this' place :)

19. diane

diane Gold

I don't trust Yelp reviews. They often times only leave the negative, filter the positive. I've heard this from many business owners. If it looks like something you're interested in, then investigate it for yourself. These review sites can be corrupt.

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

When you fuel your life's journey on the opinions of others, you end up on a dark curvy road holding a gas can.........