1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

janagram's journey

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by janagram, Jul 13, 2012.

1. janagram

janagram New Member

OK I think I need to journal my path because I will have a record of what really happens in a day...

Today I had: Brkfst, 2 eggs, scrambled in butter., with crispy fried greens, coffee with cream and green tea.

Lunch: salad with about a 1 inch cube of steak (leftover),

Dinner in a restaurant: spinach salad with Prawns, 2 glasses malbec. Then one more glass of wine plus half a cup of popcorn, (bad) and a dark chocolate bar at the poetry group.

Home late, got to wind down....get some sleep.

2. janagram

janagram New Member

Did I say sleep? WTF? couldn't sleep!!!! I have the horrible feeling it was a case of undigested prawns...I never eat them, but am trying to....and didn't take enzymes. Anyway I just popped awake at midnight and stayed awake till about 4:30....will have to nap today. I wonder if you can take enzymes hours later on a so-called empty stomach? Or if it will eat your insides up?

3. Rosekelly

Rosekelly New Member

Hey there, Jan! Welcome to journaling!

If you ever want to head over to SC with me to swim, let me know. I go around 7:30 or 8.

4. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Do you normally drink wine? If not, that would be your reason for not sleeping. Are you doing post LRx?

5. janagram

janagram New Member

Hi, Rose!! That's a bit early for me...but you go girl!

VK, maybe it was the wine, tho I am accustomed to having 2 or 3 glasses now and then.

6. Coriander

Coriander Silver

Do you think the three glasses of wine, cup of popcorn, or chocolate could have influenced your sleep more than the prawns? How often do you eat popcorn?

7. janagram

janagram New Member

oh, well, I don't eat popcorn as a rule, and it may well have been but a half a cup...it was there at the poetry group and it smelled so good...one of those things...but, I get your point. And I thought that having a small salad with prawns was so righteous! I did wonder if I should really knock off the wine....

8. janagram

janagram New Member

Trying to tighten up the diet, right? (argh)

so, today I had 2 scrambled eggs and 1 small cup of coffee with HWC, then a cup of green tea with ginger.

Lunch was a smallish tomato, sliced, with a whole avocado, some feta, some lettuce, onion, 2 sl. bacon, and homemade dressing. Yummmm.

Dinner was about a 3 oz pc of wild king salmon with curried onion, garlic, ginger, tomato.....so yum. And cauli/parsnip mash. Over the top good.

Exercize was minimal, rode my bike around for 15 min., parked far and walked to whole foods and shopped. sunbathed. Napped, since last night was so bad. (I know , its a rough life!)

9. Rosekelly

Rosekelly New Member

You eat so little food! And no coconut oil? I eat about 8 tbsp per day. And I'm down 43 pounds. Just sayin. I live and breathe coconut oil. I slather it alllll over my body too. Dab it in my hair. Add coconut milk to my tea. Surprised I don't have monkeys climbing up me.

10. janagram

janagram New Member

ha ha Rose! I must be lying! Cuz I don't feel like I eat so little food. I slather the kerrygold butter on everything. Oh, here's the lie, I eat a handful of mac nuts after lunch and sometimes dinner.

Your weight loss is awesome!! CO, here I come!

11. janagram

janagram New Member

I'm seeing Dr. Ann Haiden, a D.O. who practises functional medicine. She is helping me get and interpret labs, etc. So far, so good. No,she's not on board with either Paleo or Dr. K., but she agrees that I don't do well with carbs or grains, so that works for me, for now.

But my labs showed all this inflammation, as well as nasty trigs....apparently I'm kidding myself about eating right...I need to buckle down now and not report eating popcorn....no, I mean not EAT popcorn!!!!

12. I agree with Rose: not enough food!! You need way more than that, especially for breakfast.

What are you dealing with? Weight to lose? Bad sleep? Chronic pain? Can we see your labs?

13. janagram

janagram New Member

I was eating the BAB but then I got tired of it... I'm fine on a medium ass breakfast, I can wait till lunch. in fact its working better for me cuz I then eat an earlier lunch and earlier dinner. Today I had bacon and eggs (2) over mashed parsnip/cauliflower. (1 floret, 1 parsnip)...but I'll consider what yr saying....I realize I'm probably LR still...my biggest prob, besides my labs, is my sleep!

While its true I eat paleo, low carb, i tend to write off the occasional ice cream, glutenfree cookie, etc......(as in, "doesn't everyone?") but I'm seeing, by my labs, that I cannot take breaks! I have inflammation and CRP and whatnot to reverse!

Labs I'm worried about:

LDL particle number-1814 (high)

Triglycerides-192 (high)

small LDL-p--619 (high)

C-reactive protein--3.61 (high)

feedback, anyone?

14. janagram

janagram New Member

ok, I bumped up to 3 eggs and inc. coconut oil for brk.

Last night I had about a half pound of bison burger, mixed bacon fat into it, plus gr. onions, basil, etc. They were great, grilled!!

Sleep was a bit improved...last night-6.5 hrs. (to me that is awesome)

I take 10 mg. preg. at night...should I be taking it in the morning?

15. NWgirl

NWgirl New Member

Your food yesterday sounds a lot better! How was your hunger during the day?

16. janagram

janagram New Member

Felt great. I'm goin with the bigger food portions....works well. OMG I made eggplant parmigian....killer! I only have this once a yr, but so good. why are nightshades so damn good?

17. janagram

janagram New Member

Oh yeah, about that eggplant parm...it was grain free, but had dairy. I used sheep cheese, manchego, and pecorino romano...mmm, just sayin. It kinda ht the spot. Granddaughter (12) said it was delicious, and happily ate the paleo dinner of fresh wild king salmon, grilled, alongside green salad and eggplant parm. Win!

Best sleep in a while! 7 hrs! (with a couple wakeups but went back to sleep)

Could be the walking...went to a great outdoor art fair which involved a couple hrs of slow walking. The Palo Alto Clay and Glass show...fantastic!

Oh, and here's a first: cold salmon with salad for brkfast!!

18. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Yes, you should take preg. in the am. You might find you sleep a whole lot better.

19. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Are your trigs really 192? This is really bad if I am reading it correctly. From what I know, high trigs is the result of eating a lot of carbs. Trigs should be around 50 or lower iirc. Is your crp an hs or reg? It is very high if it is HS. Not sure about reg crp as Dr. K. says to get the HS so I only know about that one.

20. janagram

janagram New Member

wow...I too am amazed. who knew I could be so off base. I guess the trigs are really bad...my test says less than 150 is where you wanna be and I'm 192! Carbs, what carbs? I have sure tightened up tho since the labs. I guess denial is not just a river, etc. I used to get an ice cream cone about once a wk, but certainly no breads or pasta or ....well, at parties I'd have the rice crackers with tons of brie....etc. Or is it the few french fries I'd sneak off my DH's plate in restaurants? Or ?

It kinda freaks me out cuz I do eat so much fat, like everyone on here.....is it really OK? ....Vkiernan, thanks for commenting!