1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Jakes Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by jake lalich, Mar 4, 2019.

1. jake lalich

jake lalich New Member

Hi I am Jake,

absolutely new to this forum, thank you for having me.

33 years old living in Perth Western Australia, I was recently told about Dr Kruse's work thru a friend and have spent countless hours reading and listening to the information he makes available. I have signed up to the platinum membership and looking forward to diving into all the material.

I have been managing symptoms of Ankylosing Spondylitis thru lifestyle modification since I was around 26 years of age. whilst spending some time living in Las Vegas for training a couple of years ago I had my worst flair up of my condition. I returned to Perth and have gotten somewhat of my mobility and reduced pain but am still having to take the occasional anti inflammatory to be able to get up and go to work, I live a fairly active life and am a coach in a movement facility. I have been a student of Ido portal for around 4 years and found that movement has been my best medicine (so far) im looking to optimise every area of life I can and reverse the "condition".

I've recently started getting out in the morning sun a couple of hours a day usually between 7-10am
    started eating a lot more seafood (rarely ate it before) now id eat oysters especially 2x week
    I do cold bath 1 x per week 20 min at 12 degrees Celsius and looking to do this more often as im finding a lot of benefit from it

I run movement retreats in Bali Indonesia and these trips are always therapeutic for me. looking to run more and more of them each year

it is only until recently and thru jacks work I am able to see areas I need to address that were never even a thought for me prior. thank you

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

welcome

jake lalich and MITpowered26 like this.
  3. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

Sup Jake.

J

jake lalich likes this.
  4. drezy

drezy Gold

Nice cold tub. What container/tub is that?

5. jake lalich

jake lalich New Member

it is an inflatable ice bath we have a couple for the gym, a good brand is steedan I found online they are the same brand used for the recent rugby World Cup

drezy likes this.
  6. Inger

Inger Silver

welcome Jake :)

jake lalich likes this.
  7. jake lalich

jake lalich New Member

Alarm is set 1 min prior to sunrise tomorrow, planning to make this a habit. It is coming in to autumn here in australia and rainy days, I have been looking into purchasing an infra red sauna for home, hopeing to have it here in time for winter. also received my pair of ra optics blue blocking glasses starting to wear these

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  8. jake lalich

jake lalich New Member

I received an email a couple of days ago with the title. Lets come up for air. The feeling of overwhelm and excitement is true and this week I have started to become more aware of the gap between how life is for me currently and "optimal"

I am out to reverse ankylosing spondylitis and I believe I can with the help and implementation of this incredible information. for a while now I've come to accept the flair ups, the pain and discomfort that I live with daily but today im no longer willing to accept less than optimal.

my question im out to answer is where do I start. what are the protocols that best reverse autoimmune and specifically AS. how can I optimise my schedule. my routines, work environment and home environment what will give me the best outcomes in the shortest space of time and what am I wasting my time doing.

caroline likes this.
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Start with the cold thermogenesis protocol and add in AM sunrise. Never miss another if you want to come close to your goals.

Phosphene, drezy and jake lalich like this.
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Jake and welcome!

Can you get in the ocean every day?

Have you had a look at Erwan LeCorre's [Movnat] new book about movement?

It is a gorgeous book .....

John Schumacher and jake lalich like this.
  11. jake lalich

jake lalich New Member

do you recommend cold rx done in evening before bed or in the AM or doesn't matter?

im reading thru all the cold thermogenesis blogs now and then ill listen to the recorded deep cold webinar

12. jake lalich

jake lalich New Member

hi Caroline, thanks for the welcome. I can. I live 300m from the ocean I have no excuse really. after jacks recommendation my alarm is set to walk the dog down to beach at sunrise I may have to add in that dip in the ocean

no I haven't thanks for the recommendation ill look it up

Inger likes this.
  13. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Hi Jake! You are so fortunate to live that close to the ocean. Take advantage of it every chance you get—even just barefoot at the edge with your pup. I can picture it—good luck!

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

when we get into the ocean - up to our neck ...we create a faraday cage for ourself ........especially with the sun shining down on us. This would be similar to a flotation tank.

I used to struggle with C/T in the bath tub - love/hate relationship. I was bored out of my skull. Yes, I would read blogs etc but it was taking precious time away from being outside.

One day Jack said being in the ocean, with the sun shining on us was almost as good .....I haven't been in a bathtub since!

My favourite time is winter ....in the ocean.

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

walking in the surf is awesome.....

16. jake lalich

jake lalich New Member

Thanks Caroline. I ordered the book you recommended last night and after reading thru the CT blogs I realised jack recommends sunrise or after dinner for optimal times for CT. As It was already dinner time I jumped in the tub after dinner I actually don’t mind it. Tho i do have a spot 10 min walk from my house that is a natural pool in the ocean formed by natural reef, I’ll get myself down there today. I’ve been using the ra optic glasses for about a week now but last night I had them on from sunset and I woke up without an alarm at 530am for probarbly the first time in my life haha

John Schumacher and caroline like this.
  17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Fantastic Jake .....now keep going!

You have a rock pool????? perfect! use it!

You are seeing the three legged stool in action!

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

walking in the surf ...or walking under a waterfall is magic...

19. jake lalich

jake lalich New Member

Second day of sunrises and starting to challenge the “I’m not a morning person” story I’ve told myself my entire 33 years of life. What’s hilarious is I rang my mother this morning and she asked if I had just woken up I told her I’d been up since sunrise and done it the last couple of days. Her response “oh my god I couldn’t do that I’m not a morning person”

I read about briefly something on the floatation tank benifet. Is there a blog about this I should read. On my walk back from the beach yesterday I realised there is a float centre literally 200m from my house I walked in and did one then and there. I’ve done them before inconsistently so I’m interested to read the views on these

John Schumacher and caroline like this.
  20. Mike David

Mike David Same name new person

Howdy Jake. You would def. like Jeremy Thomely’s story if your into movement. Do you practice movement everyday?