1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Jake Tassell is...

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Jake Tassell, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Jake Tassell

Jake Tassell New Member

Currently having a look at Methylene Blue after reading Jack's 'Biohacking "Time" with Methylene Blue' piece....
    https://www.jackkruse.com/biohacking-time-with-methylene-blue/

I got mine from a clean looking source in The UK...
    https://mitoblue.com/products/mitoblue-methylene-blue-solution-pharmaceutical-grade.

A bit early for testimonials, although: Day one - felt a bit kind of mellow-ish. Halfway through the day I experienced a craving for liver pate, which I duly fulfilled. Don't know if that was incidental, or whether I was experiencing some kind of MB-related vitamin A/choline warp?

Making some early prep to go on holiday. Debating whether to ditch my tangerine swimming trunks. They're looking a bit pink-ish. LOL.

It's going to be a nice, cheap, 10-day blast-o del sol in Lanzarote. Notable features: They've got that restaurant 'El Diablo' that sits on top of a volcano where you can eat magma-grilled steaks, and the famous beach 'Papagayo' as used in the movie 'One Million Years B.C.', where, on a clear day you can see Raquel Welch being carried off by a giant pterodactyl....

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    ScottishEmma, fitness@home and Da-mo like this.
  2. drezy

drezy Gold

Hmmmm. The more sun intense weeks seem to coincide with my pâté or liverwurst cravings. It seemed like such a small detail but it's interesting to see you note it as well. Enjoy your time on the island.
    Jake Tassell likes this.
  3. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

You wouldnt believe how hard it is to get beef liver in New Zealand. Lamb liver and Pig liver you can get from any supermarket, but beef liver (which is less inflamatory than the others) is nowhere to be seen.

I had to ask a small town butcher and even then had to wait until the next time he butchered a cow.

Someone told me the fast food burger chains buy it all up - so much so that they had to come to an agreement between them to prevent the prices of beef liver rising too much.

Anyway, since it is inflammatory I always eat it with onions.
    Jake Tassell likes this.
  4. drezy

drezy Gold

@Da-mo, Interesting. Growing up in the Northeast US, liver and onions is what your mom made for lunches when dad was at work. Liver was very cheap and, as a kid in my house, you had 2 choices eat it or eat nothing. That's why it seem odd to me now that when I get longer sun exposure weeks I get some liver craves.

I have made some changes by adding my favorite spice -- bacon!

Jake's soon to be digested food cooked by magma is so cool.
    Jake Tassell likes this.
  5. Jake Tassell

Jake Tassell New Member

Now that is interesting.

A) Because I didn't expect to get any feedback on what I thought was probably a trifle.

B) Because I don't think I've ever had a craving for liver pate before in my life.

C) The sun is pretty much gone in old London town, and I haven't been getting too much in the way of rays, apart from a bit of MM UV and IR in the flat.
    drezy and ScottishEmma like this.
  6. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

I think liver & onions may be something passed down with mDNA? As a child, hated this meal, fixed by an immigrant (forgivable) grandmother and then a regular (unforgivable) mother who copied it, sometimes named "Liver & Lima beans" but the onions were there, too, on the dreaded plate. Several decades later, after the advent of The Food Processor for the family kitchen, liver, onions, butter, bacon -- the groundwork to liver pate -- brought the idea up many levels. Especially the recipes that used Cognac! (memo: cook off the alcohol for paleo) Great organ meat recipes are such treasures.
    drezy likes this.
  7. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

My Mum used to cook organ meats regularly - and she was a chef for 18 years.:thumbsup:

My better half shudders at the thought though - only cooked liver once or twice when I asked . . . .:rolleyes:

I suppose I should do more cooking around here - but she might not eat it:thumbsdown:

Edit: Oh just remembered, back in my teens when I was in Venturer Scouts (never was a cub or a Scout but in Venturers there was girls:glasses:) we had a troop come over from New Caledonia (French speaking people). My friend put some tinned cat food (Chef Jellymeat) on a plate with some crackers and told them it was pate' - they loved it!!!!:whistle:

[​IMG]
    Ingredients
    Meat by-products and meat derived from Lamb, Beef, Chicken and Mutton, Vegetable Protein, Gelling Agent, Minerals, Emulsifier, Colouring, Vitamins, and Taurine.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    Phosphene, drezy and fitness@home like this.
  8. caroline

caroline Moderator

There is a really good and easy pate recipe in the recipe section...
    drezy and Lahelada like this.
  9. Jake Tassell

Jake Tassell New Member

New blue-blockers arrived today. Harry Palmer 'IPCRESS' frames. Cool.

drezy and ScottishEmma like this.
  10. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

I defo recommend ditching the trunks in favour of a lovely pair from Kiniki - the tan through ones. My husband just got his. Very er, colourful!!! But they have to be, to keep the last turkey in the shop from being visible I guess

Volcano restaurant sounds amazing! There's one in Iceland you can go to. Might be doing that for my 40th.

Finally, I can quite honestly say I've NEVER craved any kind of pate and my Mum used to cook liver and I fucking hated it and still do. Boke!
    caroline and drezy like this.
  11. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

;):D:thumbsup: Made me laugh

Can't talk my husband into it...
    ScottishEmma, caroline and drezy like this.
  12. shiran

shiran Curious

The liver story .... not a coincidence
    I cooked chicken liver it was nice but I had a craving for beef liver
    So I found some fresh beef liver cooked it with onions.. it was great
    All the house was stinking helll..
    It reminded me of my childhood.. my mother uses to make it with onions .. but the smell....
    ScottishEmma, caroline and drezy like this.
  13. drezy

drezy Gold

LOL. He should try them. I'm not used to tight shorts myself but they've become part of my routine now.

My wife gets really immature around the kinikis. Often during mutual sunning session she'll point and yell "I think it moved!" and then cackle and laugh. Almost counter-intuitively, and very much like a bored dog, any attention focused down there including laughing gets biologically construed as good attention. You know that effect when a dog is laying down and you make the mistake of looking at it and instantly it's all up in you space.

I'll guarantee your hubby when all is said and done that he'll like the looks and stares.
  14. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

hahaha THIS IS SO TRUE!
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0301008215300605