1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Jaime's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Josh (Paleo Osteo), Feb 24, 2015.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

saw you're selling the car!!!!

2. yes i have ordered a van which has arrived...i need to sell ASAP

Shijin13 likes this.
  3. Penny

Penny New Member

Tell your wife if it's any consolation, she'll just sail through menopause with the COMT... :)

I like the skip work idea myself - also low glutamates help a lot - meditation, qi gong, yoga, relaxation response and Bruce Lipton has a chapter in his book Biology of Belief on how to get rid of your emotional crap so you can wrap your head around the concept of "It's ok to make it all about me" instead of letting everyone around you suck the life out of you...

Do one thing a day that's fun and regenerating for yourself - have something to look forward to -

I like smoothies rather than juicing myself - juicing is a blood sugar binge-fest IMHO - smoothies give fiber to the gut flora - plus fiber removes toxins -

Personally, I dole out 500mg of magnesium malate to the kids because the malic acid gets rid of aluminum -

I also use Xylitol as a sweetener because it tastes just like sugar and it kills strep - and it doesn't spike insulin -

I just read a cool book on google books about chromium and depression - really it seems quite effective -

The usual supplements to get rid of extra estrogen are DIMM I3C and chase it with a calcium d-glucarate - brocolli sprouts have tons of I3C -

Calcium d-glucarate will also help glucoronidation plus there are bugs which eat the glucose molecule your phase II liver enzymes just slapped onto a toxin to remove it - and glucoronidation is also huge in hormone removal/disposal - so if you have clostridia, it loves to screw up glucoronidation - even if you don't have Gilbert's...

My happy lunch is a smoothie with lots of nuts, coconut, seeds, cacao, greens - I am not hungry for hours - coconut products are amazing for candida - and for any virus, bacteria, or fungus -

I think cortisol also spikes blood sugar -

And getting rid of people in your life who are downers is actually quite freeing - truly, who needs it -

You also might want to add Saccharomyces boulardii to your probiotic regiment -

4. ordered cacium d glcarate a while back, as well as DIM but waiting for labs to confirm the need and dosages

HBA1C is 5.7 and Jaime eats low carb so i definitely think cortisol is raising bloog sugar, mind you this test is valid for 120 days or so until RBC turn over and there was a fair bit of carbohydrate and sugar consumed around the festive period, i would really like to see this come down to 5

hsCRP 0.84mg/L (<1 not over 3)

DHEAS 3.9umol/L (1.9-7.3) could be higher but probably going to see a preenenolone steal on the hormones labs when they arrive, all symptoms are pointing to cortisol (gut/candida + work EMF + word stress + val/val + emotional trauma (mother)

25-H-Vitamin D 79nmol/L (<50)

5. Penny

Penny New Member

I use gymnema for blood sugar but I haven't measured it - bitter melon is also popular with the natives... and chromium of course - which also helps with depression - you can also get the actual bitter melon from an Indian grocery store and it is bitter:)

http://www.raysahelian.com/gymnema.html

6. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Random comments from a non-doctor ;)

Was that a day off work I when the cortisol and rest of labs were taken?

Cortisol may be a little high midday, but gets back down before any disruptions to sleep can occur.

DHEA-S at 40.4 nmol/L = 40.4 / 0.0271 = 1490 ng/dL

That's higher than the reference range of 250 - 380 ng/dL recommended in -- http://jackkruse.com/hormone-cpc-1-dhea/

All Iron-related labs looks decent actually. Not super low, and you definitely don't want high iron in a high nn-EMF work environment.

Vit B12 and folate looks good.

BUN/Creat obviously not so good :confused:

rT3 obviously not good

HBA1C like you said probably needs to be re-assessed in a couple of months again.

hsCRP not too bad, but not ideal.

---

But TBH, the fact that she recovers so quickly when away from work is still a good sign that she has the "necessary building blocks" for recovery once stressors are removed. This is also before the current, less stressful work schedule.

Anyway, I think you guys know what you need to do ;)

Shijin13 likes this.
  7. agree mate, and it is reassurring to read others comments :) it was indeed a day off, i think stressors are a major factor
    1) on gut health via lowered sIGA, also via nnEMF --> cortisol "loop" ensues
    2) Stress and brain health related SNPs...obvs adds to the loop
    3) gut health impairs T3 conversion to save resources
    4) impaired T3 conversion creates stress on hormone cascade as it is requisite for LDL -> Pregnenolone conversion

8. furthermore i think the cortisol adds to the blood sugar issue.

Shijin13 likes this.
  9. Arsenic is perhaps the best known of the metal toxins, having gained notoriety from its extensive use by Renaissance nobility as an antisyphilitic agent and, paradoxically, as an antidote against acute arsenic poisoning. Even today, arsenic is still 1 of the more common toxicants found in insecticides, and leaching from bedrock to contaminate groundwater.

The toxicity of arsenic is due to 3 different mechanisms, 2 of them related to energy transfer. Arsenic covalently and avidly binds to dihydrolipoic acid, a necessary cofactor for pyruvate dehydrogenase. Absence of the cofactor inhibits the conversion of pyruvate to acetyl coenzyme A, the first step in gluconeogenesis. This results in loss of energy supply to anaerobic cells, the predominant mechanism of action of arsenic on neural cells that rely on anaerobic respiration for energy. Neuron cell destruction that occurs after long-term energy loss results in bilateral peripheral neuropathy.

Arsenic also competes with phosphate for binding to adenosine triphosphate during its synthesis by mitochondria via oxidative phosphorylation, causing formation of the lower energy adenosine diphosphate monoarsine. This results in loss of energy supply to aerobic cells. Cardiac cells are particularly sensitive to this form of energy loss; fatigue due to poor cardiac output is a common symptom of arsenic exposure.

Arsenic furthermore binds avidly with any hydrated sulfhydryl group on protein, distorting the 3-dimensional configuration of that protein, causing it to lose activity. Interaction of arsenic with epithelial cell protein at the sites of highest physiologic concentration, the small intestine and proximal tubule of the kidney, results in cellular degeneration. Epithelial cell erosion in the gastrointestinal tract and proximal tubule are characteristic of arsenic toxicity. Arsenic is also a known carcinogen, but the mechanism of this effect is not definitively known.

A wide range of signs and symptoms may be seen in acute arsenic poisoning including headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, hypotension, fever, hemolysis, seizures, and mental status changes. Symptoms of chronic poisoning, also called arseniasis, are mostly insidious and nonspecific. The gastrointestinal tract, skin, and central nervous system are usually involved. Nausea, epigastric pain, colic abdominal pain, diarrhea, and paresthesias of the hands and feet can occur.

Arsenic exists in a number of different forms; organic forms are nontoxic, inorganic forms are toxic. See ASFR / Arsenic Fractionation, 24 Hour, Urine for details about arsenic forms.

Because arsenic is excreted predominantly by glomerular filtration, analysis for arsenic in urine is the best screening test to detect arsenic exposure.

seafood in diet regularly may be confounding results

10. Josh

Josh Gold

Thallium? Bendigo?

11. Josh, this is really a shot in the dark but I just read this incredibly great (to me) book about the polio virus among other things. ("Fear of the Invisible" by Janine Roberts) The author speculated that these 'polio outbreaks' far from being caused by some contagious virus were possibly the result of environmental toxins and poisoning. And she mentions pesticides etc. But your phrase "Neuron cell destruction that occurs after long-term energy loss results in bilateral peripheral neuropathy." seemed to be close to the so called polio type symptoms. This is as I said just a shot in the dark but I think it is well worth really re-considering most of not all of the 'virus hypothesis' of disease. I am now completely convinced HIV is the wrong target like someone who has spent 30+ years in jail and now should be let out. But can't because it would make the authorities look too bad.

Josh (Paleo Osteo) likes this.
  12. @Josh i dont know much about thallium...have no idea where it may have come from

13. Josh

Josh Gold

http://neurology.testcatalog.org/show/TLB

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thallium_poisoning

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/PHS/PHS.asp?id=307&tid=49

2 possible routes seem obvious:

1. persistent environmental use of Thallium as a rodentacide
    2. smelting in or around Bendigo now or in the past
    The info on seafood is vague at first pass. This may be a Red Herring?

14. from what i understand the organic form of arsenic comes in via seafood but is not troublesome, only the inorganic is

bendigo was a 6 year thing and we are out now...i am not sure about smelting but it is possible
    jaime is also an ex-smoker which can increase thallium

15. there had been minor hair loss in the shower plug hole but seems to be resolving with probiotics, zinc, phospholipids and less work (4 days now, never any more than 2 days in a row)

16. Josh

Josh Gold

I meant Thallium in seafood....