1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Jaime's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Josh (Paleo Osteo), Feb 24, 2015.

1. that is a really good call on the ROS
    i aim to let her follow her cravings a little, but without going so farinto carb town that her candida takes over...its a spanner in the works that bug

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

One more thing on the candida. Mine finally cleared when I got rid of my little friend "Patsy the parasite". Of course I took ablenza - and that kills everything. so I was repopulating my gut via the Leptin Reset.

I recently took ABX for a nasty ear infection (So bad my lymph nodes had swollen to the point it looked like I had mumps and it was painful to swallow)

I haven't really had any negative effects from them this go around. No massive bowl movements etc. it was like my body was Oh hey, ABX - please help, and when your done - GTFO. I was aslo keto during this too... related????

3. kovita

kovita Gold

Josh, a bit more on this. i just got back my serotonin levels result. Unbelievable number for someone like me. Well, I started to sleep very deeply and for a lot of hours straight, so I knew without the number already. Remember i have endotoxin disease and my serotonin metabolism is deeply disrupted as lyme shifts the balance between quinolo.a. and kynr. low carb to no carb worsen this for me big time. It took some time, but it looks like my new approach works, it is pretty much what Dave Asprey recommends, some carbs for dinner combined with no protein days when i load more carbs. Serotonin is big for females it appears to me. most of the female patients of my lovely doc have serotonin levels in the toilet so to speak of. Some could be low carb nonstop some just do not do so well, you know how it comes to universal recipes when you speak about individuals ;-)

4. absolutely veronika :)
    i told jaime a bit of your story, maybe she will add you on FB :)

5. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

You're lucky to have such a gorgeous wife Josh & she's so lucky she has you to help & support her so much. Doesn't always happen - often money gets in the way of good health. Hope you both have a lovely weekend.

Josh (Paleo Osteo) likes this.
  6. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Yes, I've also heard that women generally have lower serotonin levels. I also have very low serotonin levels. Do you find that low serotonin makes you feel less desire to be "social"?
    That's what I'm noticing. When I raise my SSRI, I feel more like phoning a friend or visiting someone but the flip side is that I'm brain dead.
    Happier, but I'm just dumb

Penny likes this.
  7. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Money should never get in the way of good health but for some reason we think money solves everything. It's the proper use of money that is the real key. Some people think money should be used for material objects so that they have "possessions".
    Poor health decreases your ability and the amount of lifetime you have to make money in the first place. There is no better investment than your health.
    It's unfortunate that the only time we realize that is when we have been sick for a very very long time.

caroline and Josh (Paleo Osteo) like this.
  8. Mike I just happened to read this in to-day's NY Times it's all about 'serotonin' and SSRI's etc. A very well written article I thought.............also just thinking of what Dr K wrote in Ub4 there is a very strong tie between serotonin and melatonin and ubiquination and auto-phagy and............and...............and.............

Cpt.Tired and Jude like this.
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I was waiting for someone to apply a new idea.........way to go Pat.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  10. Mike, I am sorry I forgot to actually post the article

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/01/opinion/sunday/medicating-womens-feelings.html?_r=0

And thanks Dr K I suppose your point is all these processes are 'coupled' or 'linked' which is a very important one for sure. I read something in last Thursday's NT Times about cancer and how now they are 'trying out' say cancer drugs that used to be used for say prostate cancer on melanoma or vica versa. But the whole thing sounds like 'organized chaos' and not very organized at that

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I agree........when cycles uncouple things become very complex and this is why, in cancer single drug therapy is an abject failure........here is the thing that really worries me about medicine........the same thing is now happening in infectious disease and it is happening at a very alarming rate.........I view this as a key clinical metric of just how bad the environment really is.............I've also notice the same thing in the ICU versus the floor in hospital acquired infections so much so that I think surgeons soon will have to adjust their ideas of peri-operative care.

12. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I will have to read this article for sure. I am really curious to hear what some of the long term effects of SSRI's are because I've actually been on one form or another since 1991!!
    I'm just wondering what kind of effect this is having on my dopamine system since I really struggle with low dopamine like symptoms - chronic fatigue, lack of motivation, apathy.
    My doctor prescribed high dose vyvanse (a stimulant) 150mg. which still isn't enough. I still need coffee on top of that ! It just sucks to be so dependent on these crappy drugs that really kind of alter your personality so you pursue self destructive behaviors even though you know how unhealthy those behaviors are.
    I'm starting to plunge into the seafood!!
    I need to boost my endogenous levels of neurotransmitters so I won't NEED the meds. That's my goal.
    Thanks for the link Pat!

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Look up LONG LIST for LabCorp here:
    http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/#post81508
    Start your own journal.
    Post results there.

In the mean time:
    My Leptin Prescription
    http://www.jackkruse.com/my-leptin-prescription/

Leptin Reset Easy Start Guide
    http://www.jackkruse.com/easy-start-guide/

BRAIN GUT 6: EPI-PALEO Rx
    http://jackkruse.com/brain-gut-6-epi-paleo-rx/

Cold Thermogenesis Easy Start Guide
    http://jackkruse.com/easy-start-guide/

THE COLD THERMOGENESIS PROTOCOL
    http://jackkruse.com/the-evolution-of-the-leptin-rx/

Cpt.Tired and Lahelada like this.
  14. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Thanks Jan, I'm pretty sure that leptin is an issue for me as well as candida

15. kovita

kovita Gold

Mike, I was never a social person. By that i mean I never kept a lot of friends and always prefered a good boom or a walk in forest over a talk with friends. For me it is mire about feelings of happiness, balance, deep sleep and peace of mind.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  16. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Did you feel depressed during those times of feeling antisocial ? (I think the proper word is 'asocial')
    I was quite social when I was younger, right up until my twenties. Then something happened almost overnight when I was about 23 yrs old.
    I started getting horrible thoughts in my mind that really started scaring me. The more horrible they were the more invasive they were. I thought I was absolutely going crazy.
    It was like the very thought of being disturbed by something would actually cause an overwhelming arousal that would throw me into a full on panic attack!

But what was even stranger (but so relieving) is when after 10 days on an SSRI medication called "Luvox", the thoughts just drifted away - like a bad dream.

17. kovita

kovita Gold

I had more issues with anxiety, the only time i felt really depressed was when I got sick and discovered no medicine or doctor will ever help my condition, because the infection plaguing my body and mind is uncurable at present. That definitely made me more antisocial. I am curious mix as a personality, extremaly openminded and extrovert and the same time purposefull loner. I always felt I do not seek so much social contact, because it bores me to death to have to follow the rules of social contacts and talk and do all the rubish most of the people consider as social contact with friends. I was always a bit "exotic" weirdo. Even now, when I mostly feel great I let very few people to take my time. I do not think I have experienced what you described myself, but it does not change my opinion on my to confront it. Through all the journey of health pursuit I have made so far I discovered a lot about myself and learnt how to keep myslef happy and in peace and filter out any unnecessary stress. That came pretty much withou much effort as a result of all the lifestyle changes and mindset changes I employed duringt he journey which is still only beginning.

18. posting some of jaimes labs

Ferritin 87 ug/L (15-165)

Iron 17 umol/L (7-27)
    Transferrin 2.3 g/L (2.5-3.8)
    Transferrin Sat 30 % (13-47)

Urea 5.6 mmol/L (2.3-7.6)
    Creatinine 56 umol/L (40-80)

Calculated BUN:Creatinine Ratio = 24:1 :\

Calcium 2.27 mmol/L (2.15-2.65)

Vit B12 389 pmol/L (>300)
    Folate 24.2 nmol/L (>9.0)

more labs on the way soon....Drinks 3L RO water a day, environment at work looking like a culprit, also possibly some iodine deficiency re: candida etc causing less water to stick to collagen matrix/cells...

to come:

zinc
    copper
    Vitamin D

Full urinary hormone panel
    urinary heavy metals and essential minerals
    serum reverse t3
    ASI inc sIGA

19. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Yikes on the B:C ratio...

@Josh (Paleo Osteo) I've been able to recover mine... but I will say its climbed back up, what with the new office EMF hell... wearing the CFB and gutbuster enroute to work and home should assist with mitigation as well as CT in water...

I've also noticed in this new environment I'm not drinking as much.. and I'm trying to deduce why? as always still searching

20. it would have to be EMF, she drinks 4L+ or RO water a day...work environment is quite bad, and so is my car which both make Jaime zonked...