1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Jack, for calcium help? it's Elaine

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Rain, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Rain

Rain New Member

hello notsoperfick, my pastor used to say 'every problem in the life of a believer is TEMPORARY'... probably that scripture he had in mind :)

i'm waiting for the rash on the body to heal then i will go back full force into keto... right now i'm more 'low carb' than keto as i'm trying to heal the healing crisis

thank you for your post, it did my heart good :)

nicld likes this.
  2. nicld

nicld Gold

How are you doing Elaine?

3. Rain

Rain New Member

hi nicld :) i'm doing good, FINALLY the horrible rash is starting to heal... i'm still drinking my bp coffee in the morning, but eating more low carb during the day.... i conk out after every meal, which is irksome to me

my mind is getting back to normal, as my hormones stop being so out of whack

but i must confess i'm a little nervous to go back to full keto should all of that happen to me again

coz it's been a horrible time, thanks for asking hon xoxoxox

Inger likes this.
  4. louise

louise New Member

hi Elaine , its good to see things are getting back to normal for you......im glad for you, lots of love and take care xxx

5. nicld

nicld Gold

So glad that you are feeling better and especially the mind.

I did not do the best on full keto as well and it made me think that maybe women are not supposed to be as full keto as men. Think about it, what was the traditional women role in paleo times, gatherers. In my head, women at a little more carbs as they were gathering and the most meat went to the men who hunted. With that said, I am still trying to eat very seasonally and fruit is off the menu right now. I have no idea if I am in keto or not.

Take care :):):)

6. Penny

Penny New Member

Hi Elaine - I've been taking bitter melon after I eat and it really helps with that coma effect of the food... weirdly, my blood sugar was 81 when my kid measured it... I had no idea how to use that monitor and could not even begin to stick a needle into myself... anyway, if it quacks like a duck... I must be diabetic or borderline for bitter melon to help the way it does... Swanson has some for $6.00 including shipping...

7. peter robinson

peter robinson New Member

what therapy?

8. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Couldn't she use naturally the sun to fix her issue instead of using bulbs and supplements?

9. Billybats

Billybats New Member

My oh My.. All this information he gave is awesome. I noticed Rain hasn't been around since 2014, I hope she is doing ok. What a story. If she does still read this site but doesn't post I hope you did NOT follow ray peat. I HOPE YOU LISTENED TO DR. KRUSE. I followed RP and was a mess already and almost died.. not joking... I may cry when I get a migraine a couple of times a week but it wasn't like I use to feel.. Your story was like mine health wise and some of the abuse part from different sources I will think how I felt then next time I get a migraine or anything and try to cry less. All this information is gold to me this was EXTREMELY helpful.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Lahelada likes this.