1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

It's not clear to me how well, HCG and LR can work together...

Discussion in 'HCG Protocol' started by jmathisen, Jun 28, 2012.

1. jmathisen

jmathisen New Member

Or maybe I'm confused. I'm thinking about doing HCG in a few weeks, but from reading some info at hcgdietinfo and some other sources, the 2 plans, with the exception of being low in calories, don't really seem to overlap.

So are people eating the LR diet, but taking HCG? Or eating the HCG protocol, taking HCG, not doing LR, and just doing CT?

Part of my issue is that I'm trying to stay basically near-zero carb, as I'm T2D, so LR diet fits well.

But I also don't usually have hunger/appetite issues, I've done 30 day water fasts with no trouble after day 2 or so.

I'm going to stay LR for a few more weeks, but wanted to accumulate some info for what to do after my 8 weeks is up.

Thanks for your time.

2. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

They don't overlap. They are two totally different things. Some who are following Dr. Kruse have tried to eliminate the fruit and eat 200 calories of extra protein in their place and have done fine. Some have also eaten one of their meals at breakfast to try to stay on the same timing schedule as the LR plan.

I personally would love to see someone try CT with NO hcg but follow the hcg diet. I think they might do the same thing but no one has tested it. Some have tried CT with hcg and many of us got hungry so it was like they were fighting each other. I tried doing hcg with added fat but it was a failure.

Good luck, whatever you decide!

3. LisaAPB

LisaAPB New Member

Are you trying to lose fat? That lack of appetite thing you've got going on should make that fairly easy without hcg.

4. jmathisen

jmathisen New Member

Yes, trying to lose some more fat, while becoming LS.

37 lbs of fat came off with LR in about 5 weeks, but I've been stuck at 265 now for 8 days. So I'm wondering if my body has adapted to LR diet, and maybe I need to shake things up a bit and do something different to get things fired up again.

I mean, I could just fast again for a while, but I don't think that will really train my system to be LS and Doctor Kruse doesn't support IF during LR, so I'd like to do whatever keeps me on the path to becoming LS, while still unloading another 70lbs or so.

The other reason was that I'd read somewhere that HCG tends to remove visceral fat, which I carry a lot of. Ice bags on the tummy on the days I don't do full immersion for CT would seem to be targeting the fat just under the skin. Which I don't mind getting rid of, but in terms of long term health, the visceral fat seems to be more dangerous. I guess CT seems to target sq fat in general, (although I do realize that's not it's only goal/benefit).

5. You've been stuck for 8 days? Don't see it as a stall. This is not a magic diet, the scale won't move everyday. You have lost a big amount in only 5 weeks, give you body the chance to adapt.

What is your diet like? Are you having enough fat? Do you CT? Have you done any lab testing? HCG with bad hormones can screw you even more, be careful.

Fat around the waist mean high cortisol...If you are careful with the light and you sleep properly, it will go down, but again, you have to be patient.... Keep reading the blog, you'll find many answers to yours questions.

6. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I agree, 8 days is nothing, I have 10 day stalls on rounds of hcg. Stalls are perfectly normal. Your body is just shifting fat and water around.