1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Issues with eating seafood

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by healthy2015, May 25, 2020.

1. Hi Everyone
    I wonder if you can shed some light on this
    My husband has had quite a few liver problems in the past, he loves eating seafood but every time he eats it, it makes him feel very short and bad tempered and also does not have the normal enthusiasm he would do, we are trying to understand why this would be, as he keeps having to stop eating but we know how important it is to eat this type of food. Is it his liver struggling with the DHA? No matter how long he eats it for he still feels the same
    Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcomed
    Thanks

2. Inger

Inger Silver

Interesting. What kind of seafood have he been eating?

I would try different things.
    Try if he feels better with fatty or non fatty seafood. If he feels better with non fatty, too much DHA might not be good for him. This is genetically different how much people tolerate it.

Then I would try raw or cooked. Does he get same issues from raw?

Then try different kind of seafood. Maybe he has an allergy to some sort of it? He could also do an allergy test for sure.

What issues does he have with his liver?

I have some liver/gallbladder issues right now because of too much iron I think, and I can tolerate seafood very well. I eat only seafood now and no meat because I try lowering my iron stores.
    What my liver does not like at all is nuts! I tried bacon fat at work this weekend, some fried bacon pieces and fat. No issues. But nuts, I get issues. Maybe it is the rancid fat.

Fatty smoked seafood is not good for liver either.

John Schumacher likes this.
  3. Many "seafoods" are high in uric acid which your liver needs to clear -> such as lobster, shrimp, sardines, anchovies, tuna, trout, mackerel, and haddock. From a nutraceutical perspective you can look into Dihydromyricetin and Tauroursodexycholic Acid for improving his liver function. From a sun light perspective, make sure he is getting his Sunrise Therapy allowing morning light into his eyes for at least 20 minutes; then during the solar noon (where the sun is 50 degrees or better in the sky), make sure he gets 20 minutes per side (front, back and sides) with as much skin exposure as possible. For improving liver function, there are centuries of herbal traditions from "cleansing" to enhancement. Has he been tested on the basics: how much DHA for floating in his blood? Typically, if he is short tempered, you can find out what's going on using a hormone panel - https://dutchtest.com/info-dutch-plus/ If he is deficient in DHA, then krill oil is considered better and others.

Looking Forward...
    Grandpa John

4. Please consider supplementing zinc - for example: Zinc L-Carnosine.

Grandpa John

5. Please do not fry anything. High heat denatures your food. Fats are your friends. Be good to them. Be patient, it may take a bit longer before you can eat that wonderful meal you are smelling, but its worth it. Also make sure you are only purchasing bacon from good sources, for example: https://www.grassrootscoop.com/

Grandpa John

6. Most nuts are contaminated with traces of mold (injecting mold from any source is not a good idea)
    Most nuts are high in oxalates; please look into why oxalates from all sources are not good for you.

Grandpa John

7. Question: are you following https://jackkruse.com/its-back-optimized-cooking-ecookbook/

Inger likes this.
  8. Inger

Inger Silver

Did you mean me? ;)
    I think I have more than enough Zinc, would never supplement it. I have been eating tons of oysters the last years.. and meat.. lots of meat.

9. Inger

Inger Silver

Yes mold could be an issue. I need to look into oxalates.
    But I am not too worried, I just listen to my body and when something is not good I try to avoid it. I realize my poor gallbladder probably is full of iron storage... uh. It will take a year or two to get it out. Otherwise I am feeling great so I am not too worried :)
    Thank you Grandpa John :)

10. Inger

Inger Silver

I do not have the cooking-book but I do eat epi paleo anyways :) :) I have Jacks Epi-Paleo RX book and there it tells how to eat. My staple food is seafood, around a pound or more/day. I feel so good eating like this
    :)

11. There are two ways to lower ferritin levels: Give blood and supplement with zinc.

12. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

Leeches. Still used sometimes in Chinese and Indian systems.
    Excess iron in the body might have been a logical reason for bloodletting in the MIddle Ages.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  13. He orginally had an allergic reaction to Antibiotics which has damaged his liver and has non alcholic fatty liver disease.
    He has tried eating all sorts from Keta, Cooked Salmon, Prawns, oysters, cod liver and still feels the same on all of them, its really annoying becuase obviously Fish is one of the best foods to eat and he loves eating just not how it make him feel?
    Thanks
    Em

14. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

Little different than the theme of this forum but do you know about milk thistle for the liver? A little bit of tea made from milk thistle seeds simmered in water each day might be useful in this situation.

15. From a nutraceutical perspective you can look into Dihydromyricetin and Tauroursodexycholic Acid for improving his liver function.

Typically, if he is short tempered, you can find out what's going on using a hormone panel - https://dutchtest.com/info-dutch-plus/

If he is deficient in DHA, then krill oil is considered better than others.

Grandpa John

Last edited: May 31, 2020