1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

is UV against your skin safe

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Aerose91, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

I cant use CFL bulbs but i do have a black light led flashlight that i was considering putting up against my wrist or belly button for cloudy days. I know emf is a little concern with led's but apart from that, is there anything ill advised about uva directly against your skin?

2. cygnario

cygnario Gold

It depends on how connected you are to the sun, the more connected the safer.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Doing that is not a wise idea at all.

4. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

As connected as my body can handle when it is out. What's the reason for tge risk there, i couldn't figure it out

5. cygnario

cygnario Gold

Oh shit I misread your question sorry. Yeah don't do that...

6. Inger

Inger Silver

Why on earth would you like to do that? Sounds weird... you get the benefits when letting the rays hit your skin from further away, no need to keep it that close

7. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

Im talking about for times when there is no sun, its been an exceptionally cloudy winter. How is it that much different from keeping a black light bulb next to you

8. Inger

Inger Silver

You do not keep it too close.... further away is better. Because they emit nnEMF. The closer you are the worse.

UVA is still getting through the clouds, and quite a lot! It is ALWAYS preferable to be outside.................
    you need to watch up in the sky to get it into your eyes too

Scompy likes this.
  9. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

I do all that and get most of my sun early morning as later in the day its too intense for me. I know everyone is using supplemental cfl black lights and since i cant use cfl im just looking to get whatever little bits i can

10. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

You live in the desert around 30-35deg north right? Even if it's more cloudy than usual, there's more than enough sun over a month.. Then why do you give a shit about uva lamps.. you get all you need from the sun and it's best like that. If there's not in the morning you do it in the afternoon.

seanb4 likes this.
  11. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Thomas,two things. Yes,sunlight is best but you need to be able to assimilate the charge.His exposure hours will be limited by outside temps. Liken it to an old battery. It charges but the next day it is empty again. Trickle charging may stress the battery less. Then you need to think about the state of the wiring.Too much at once while in recovery may not be beneficial

Aerose,as everyone else said UV next to your skin is not good at all.
    Do you have a suntan , Aerose?

seanb4 likes this.
  12. Inger

Inger Silver

This is a kinda funny thought process ;) ^^^

When cloudy, just be outside in the daytime, at noon, when the sun naturally is stronger and you will get loads of UV through the clouds! It will not bee too intense for you because of the clouds!
    But just perfect :)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    shah78 and thomas like this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

exceptionally cloudy weather still = UV exposure.........which trumps any artificial source.

thisbirdhaswings and seanb4 like this.
  14. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

Inger you are smart... lol. I didn't think of that, even when I am the first to do it!!

15. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

Im still outside in it every day it isnt raining. For someone who is very sick is it not like playing a game of catch up a bit? Therefore extra would help? That was my thought anyway. How does one know if you're getting enough, as in, when the "UV storge battery" is full and then its time to just keep it topped up? Im going under the assumption that having active infections (bartonella encephalopathy) will make it harder to gather and keep UV

16. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

Thanks for the suggestions. Outside on a cloudy day never bothers me and is the same as sitting in the shade under noon day sun. Direct sun kills me but in the shade im fine so its one or the other every day

17. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

Do you know what kind of solar angle you can tolerate? aka how high the sun is when it's starts to be a problem for you?

18. Inger

Inger Silver

Aerose, are you barefoot in the sun / outside? Do you spend time nude in the sun / outside or do you use clothes?

19. Inger

Inger Silver

I would just spend all the time outside that I can. There can never be too much outside time I guess..... That is what we are made for!
    When you are very sick too much sun is probably not good for sure (as you already got to feel, the body will tell when it is too much) but shade is always there. I think sick animals also rest in the shade?

20. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

@Inger @thomas

Im grounded 10-12 hours/day and drink close to or including 1 gallon of r.o. water.

I can handle full sun early morning from sunrise (about 6:30) to about 9:30 with little to no clothes. Im also grounded during this time. After that i get dressed and find shade under a tree (still no shoes) where i stretch, meditate, play my guitar- whatever. However, if im feeling ok ill stick a leg or arm out of the shade to get as little bit extra sun as i can.
    I can get back into full sun around 3:00 and take my shirt off until sunset around 4:45-ish, still grounded the whole time. The only time im not earthing is when im sleeping on my foam pad or in town to get supplies.

However, this is the weakest point of the year for the sun here so as the months progress and the sun gets stronger & hotter i don't know what ill be able to handle. Eventually I'll have to leave around march/april when the Mohave turns into an oven.

This is where i stay:
    20151116_164613.jpg

lilreddgirl, Mitchell97 and Jude like this.