1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Is this frostbite??

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Souldanzer, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

`````````````

2. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

Hi Souldanzer, I had this happen to the outside of my thigh early on. When I asked Dr K his question was 'was your leg up against the side of the tub?" It sounds like yours was? I think the cold plus the extra pressure could created lower than needed skin temps and therefore frostbite. Mine was pressed against an ice pack simultaneously (I didn't notice either until after I got out.)

3. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

`````````````

4. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

I also have a strong feeling that the ice packs you put in coolers get colder than normal ice and also warm slower. I have found that while I e next to my skin starts to melt immediately, the ice packs do not. I think they are a danger for frostbite when compressed. But I can't be sure (though I'm playing it safe from now on...)

5. MonteD

MonteD New Member

Personally I think that ice packs directly against bare skin for prolonged periods are a bit dangerous. Frostbite begins to happen at around 32 degrees. There isn't much of a margin for error at this point. However, what your describing sounds less like frostbite and more like frostnip.

6. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

``````````