1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Is there any scientific evidence that DHA turns sunlight into a dc electric current?

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by PaulG, Apr 28, 2018.

1. PaulG

PaulG New Member

I've been researching albeit not very hard but I can't find any papers that talk about the mechanisms by which DHA turns sunlight into a DC electric current. Crawford's paper is rather speculative and now five years old.

So I am looking for any papers that support the theory that DHA turns sunlight into a DC electric current.

Cheers
    Paul

Sean Waters and Petrad like this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Becker's papers have them you can look there. As DHA declines in animals the DC current declines. Van Wijk book has a mention of it the optic cup and ELF-UV light release in cells too.

3. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Seems like by increasing DC current you can achieve amazing things like regenerate tooth

4. It is these specific questions that I love... they really make you connect the dots and try and picture it. Picturing the theory is one of the hardest things, especially all the physics.

Becker said that the DC Current runs in the peri-neural cells.... the ones that sheath the nerves, schwann cells in the peripheral system, and glial cells in the central system.

Those cells carry the electric current along their membranes.

Those membranes are full of Fatty Acids, and DHA.

Light excites the electrons in DHA and this generates an Exciton or Soliton... its like semi-conduction but with electrons... this bit, is what Van Wijk gets into, albeit briefly, in the book... It has its own little section, I think it is chapter 17, it is Part D of the book... look for a section on Solitons and Excitons.

If UV Light can excite the electrons in DHA, and create these Soliton/ Exciton waves, then yes theoretically... the Sun could hit our Surfaces, Eyes and Skin, and begin a Soliton/ Exciton wave that travels along the Skin's nerve channels and makes its way all the way to the CNS. The CNS can then fire it back toward the periphery.

Note - the DC current decreases in voltage by distance... The Soliton/Exciton waves slowly lose power. Van Wijk's book kinda explains that too.

****** This is just my understanding of it. Jack may have a totally different explanation on this!

PaulG, Lahelada and recoen like this.
  5. I think Van Wijk's book is probably the closest you are gonna get to scientific evidence of Biological Electric Currents from Light.

recoen likes this.