1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Is there a tread or section here dealing with home health?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Martha Ray, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Martha Ray

Martha Ray Martha Ray

ditto Is there a tread or section here dealing with home health?

Duct work failing and HVAC on last leg. Any knowledge or suggestions ?
    I think my Granny was right ...she had been a alteration lady for my Mother's lady clothing store in Houston TX in the 50's and she told my Mother that if she put AC in the store she would quit. Mother did put AC in the store and Granny did quit.

I plan on keeping our home windows open as much as possible. But repair decision are pressing due to deterioration of materials.

Environment Matters ..right?

2. drezy

drezy New Member

I have a metric ton of opinions, but I'm not sure what applies to your context.

PM me if you'd like to expand.

Martha Ray likes this.
  3. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

You bet your sweet bippy your home environment is very important-- it is where we usually spend a lot of time, and indoor air surprisingly can easily be more polluted that outdoor air.

There are lots of resources to learn how to clean up your indoor air quality both online and in books published by various authors.

Environmental Working Group's primer for starters:

https://www.ewg.org/healthyhomeguide/

Martha Ray likes this.
  4. Martha Ray

Martha Ray Martha Ray

Yes, Thank you! I thought there would be a thread dedicated to it here.

It has been on my radar for the 10 years I've worked to recover. First step was to replace our smart meter with the old analog (sp?) type. We heard a public service announcement on the radio that they would do that at no charge because some people where having health issues with them and at the time I was dizzy and having headaches that I was never prone to. Good news I was immediately cured of those spells.

I watched The Toxic Home Health Transformation Summit online in 2018. Learned a lot to consider. One of the few Health Talks Online Summit's I wish I'd bought. But I have little funds to hire a building biologist, or the EMF expert that I did find.. and I have no approval from my husband. I want that a whole home line filter I forget what they are called to filter out dirty electricity spikes. They are supposed to save some $ on electric bill as well. It really was a great Summit I've been hoping they will update it and, or would air it again.

While not professionally Dx I am pretty sure I am chemical and emf sensitive.
    Mold and Lyme have come up as possible causes of my high MCH marker. B12 seems was ok I tested took B12 shot and retested because low B-12 can also raise MCH. Due to that possibility I have really wanted to rule out Mold. We also had Quest plumbing breakdown and had to have home re-plumbed thankfully under the class action lawsuit for that defective material. Anyway, I know nothing about plumbing and I was a workaholic then and assumed repairs and remediation were done properly. However now for years I've smelled musty smell in washroom and under sink but husband has resistance to even do the Lowe's Hardware OTC kit testing. It is crazy but he does not want to know. I have been able to buy 2 Austin Air units and a RO under the sink water system and Aquasana shower filters and we put in Earth Weave organic wool carpet in years ago. We keep the windows open when possible. Home is 32 years old and while we have maintained it well 'conventionally' not with an optimal health perspective.

Thankful that my husband is currently interested in replacing our 32 year old duct work because our handy man. that he has great confidence in, mentioned that that should most likely be done due to the age of the duct work. Now I am interested in healthiest options for this project.

I dearly love my husband and I respect our handyman but they believe that many of my honey do's are unnecessary and full of Woo-Woo.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    ElectricUniverse likes this.
  5. ElectricUniverse

Yes, it sounds like your DH might be in denial or simply procrastinating in addressing your home health issues. You seem to be making progress, though, one small intervention at a time.

I guess you will have to become your own building biologist (albeit an amateur) and learn on your own so you can make intelligent and informed choices about your indoor environment, and hopefully bring hubby on board with the program.

Drezy may have some helpful ideas for you. I don't think he is a building biologist, but he seems to be a smart engineer.

Martha Ray likes this.
  6. drezy

drezy New Member

Christine_L likes this.
  7. ElectricUniverse

I do. Or, more accurately, I am vigilant and aware of my living conditions.

I try not to minimize environmental concerns while at same time hoping my toolkit of almighty biohacks will invariably make it all good despite the odds.

8. drezy

drezy New Member

I think building serious solar redox will pay off significantly more for some people.

You can't do that in even the best house.

caroline likes this.