1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Is the mitochondrial approach missing something just like the food guys?

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Jonathan Crana, Nov 23, 2019.

1. This was the question that came to me tonight. I wanted to put this out there for open discussion as it falls into my journey to living life optimally.
    I have taken the view that at the foundation of life, there is innate duality, which divides the human experience into physical and spiritual. I believe that the spiritual side is indiviualistic by nature and not something to be debated over, rather discussed by sharing of our unique experiences/ views. I have my own share of experiences that brought me to truly see there is much more to life than the physical. Something that can only be understood and assimilated through experience, no amount of health blogs or medical papers could describe.
    It seems to me this obsession we can develop with health and scientific explanation only covers 50% of the story at the end of the day, while we are focuing on it entirely. Just like the foodies idealizing food as the ultimate answer for health, could we be missing something? By putting all the attention on mitochondria, quantum biology, healing, etc., are we neglecting the other side of life? That is not bounded by science, is abstract by nature and sometimes ineffable at the very least.
    Spirituality needs to be put on the same pedestal as health/wellness in my eyes. Health conscientious can destroy our ability to live life fully and ultimately keeping us from getting to "optimal". It forces us to live by physical means only puts the immaterial aspects of life in the dark. Personally, constantly being afraid of blue light, gmos, nnEMF, etc., etc., can deprieve me of making the memories and moments that will matter most at the end of the road. Quite frankly, my greatest memories in my life thus far came from when I wasn't so worried and caught up in health/ wellness. By no means am I disregarding the healthy living approach, but I do not think it should be the whole story.
    When living truly in the moment and not constantly being bombarded with the thoughts of how a situation could impact my physical health, that is when my soul/ spiritual side takes the drivers seat and stokes my fire more than anything. The primative, purely physical, survive and thrive metnality gets put to the wayside.
    For a young guy who has sort of lost sense of life by being consumed by healh and wellness, I believe I forogt about this entire other side of life that has lead me to unhappiness and halted healing/ living "optimally". That no amount of sunshine could fix.
    My proposal is to let go of our health worries from time to time for the sake of making memories to feed our souls not our bodies. Respect both the physical and spiritual side of life, as this is my new discovery.
    Maybe the exploration of consciousness is what comes next?

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You are looking for a good goal.
    Forget about priority on the longevity of an individual.
    Figure out how to keep the USA as a leader, where an individual's success counts.
    Figure out how to prevent proliferation of China's system, where the government tells you what is good for you.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  3. shah78

shah78 Gold

You are under the spell of Dunning-Krugger!!!!!! :) :) IT IS ALL ABOUT QUANTUM EFFECT ON THE MITOCHONDRIA>>>>>THAT is ssprituality.. THAT IS GOD> you wasted 15 miutes of your life wrriting the question.you waste years of your life tinking about the question. the chicxulub crater could fix your misunderstanding of god. come visit.

Saichi likes this.
  4. shah78

shah78 Gold

i came to the crater to cure my physical diseases. I had no idea that I would be hanging out with Krisnamurti and Jean Klein .who knew they were Mexicaan!!!

Pablo and Michalis like this.
  5. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Do you know which micro frequencies are best at destroying blood brain barrier and shutting of pineal gland and consciousness?

6. Bob Stirling

Bob Stirling New Member

I agree with you 100% and try and do this also.

Sean Waters likes this.
  7. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Dude , you are probably still healthy. It is not bad to strive for higher purposes..We are all born idealistic however life makes us realists in the end of the day... Spirituality as i see it is a first world problem...And you got to be careful, when someone tries to sell you all this spiritual BS there is usually a catch, they probably want to stick their hand in your pocket, or somewhere else...
    When you get sick, spirituality doesn't really offer much... Maybe a happy ending, or a coping mechanisms.. If you can go and live in a low population area, with a beach and nice people NOW you are still young and be cognizant of the damage that you can get from all this bs around you.It will pay dividends.. You will make a lot of memories too without thinking about it too much...There you will have a lot of time to ponder about life's mysteries.. Just my 5 cents mate,and a little blunt from a 41 year old cripple. ;) All the best.

Sean Waters, shah78, Lahelada and 2 others like this.
  8. drezy

drezy Gold

LMAO @Michalis . Thanks for that.

I stand at weird crossroads of your take, @shah78 's take, and some of @Sue-UK 's more woo stuff.

Gurus = out
    Solar exposure in water = in
    Recognition that life and consciousness may be quite different than average experience = in

9. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I don't buy that I'll sort out any misunderstandings about God at the Chixulub crater, or that I need to be sunning myself on some beach to ponder life's mysteries. I prefer the idea that consciousness is emergent, and the better functioning the "mitochondrial swarm", the more consciously aware I will stay as I age, or the more aware I can become. For someone sick or fearing death, spirituality is in a different context to someone who has the mitochondrial capacity to explore beyond the here and now, to experience expanded awareness. Worsening mitochondrial function led to an inability to access new experiences of expanded awareness, which was bad enough, but watching my mother go through AD, I knew that if I didn't do something about it, that will be the least of my worries. The Chixulub or sunning myself on a foreign beach are tools to reach optimum mitochondrial swarm functioning. If the thought of living there or having to do it permanently fills me with dread, for my n=1 reasons, short term is one thing, but long term those tools are of limited value.

For my woo I've had teachers, not gurus. I've known the difference because every time they finished teaching me what I needed to know or to keep me safe on my "out there" explorations, they would either go out of my life, or totally piss me off, and I'd be the one to cut the energetic cord (and I see $$$ as a form of energy). For the record, none of the "out there" explorations was ever done under solar exposure in water. :D