1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Is the EMF levels from Oura Ring safe?

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by mbhemming, Nov 16, 2017.

1. mbhemming

mbhemming Gold

It's a data collection ring that goes on your finger.

https://ouraring.com/

I'm measuring a magnetic field of 0.09 milliGauss which is the background levels in my house.

The RF reading is get is 0.1 micro Watt/cm^3(when out of airplane mode)

Is this a significant intensity to be having directly on your finger all night long? What about if it's in airplane mode which removes the RF?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Not for me

3. thrive1992

thrive1992 New Member

Really surprised this thread didn't get more replies. People usually say that its super low emf or the benefits outweigh the negatives. I'm not sure.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The 11/1/18 release of the NTP should make it OBVIOUS why no Black Swan would ever use it.

5. stiffyoungman

stiffyoungman New Member

But why would you have it not in airplane mode except when taking the data off the ring?

6. thrive1992

thrive1992 New Member

There is still a possibility of some amount of EMF even when it is on flight mode.

7. shah78

shah78 Gold

you need a ring to tell you if you feel good or bad. omfg! FEEL!,stop thinking. FEEL!

Alex97232, Anne V, Inger and 2 others like this.
  8. Valerie

Valerie Gold

I am starting to think - no proof - that the sensors are sucking electrons out of the body.

9. mbhemming

mbhemming Gold

When I used it, it would occasionally come out of airplane mode at night.

Christine_L likes this.
  10. Valerie

Valerie Gold

After wearing it for a few months continuously I got a tennis elbow and sore shoulder. Now I have stopped wearing it and it is slowly healing.

11. thrive1992

thrive1992 New Member

Check the ouraring group on facebook. Someone tested it with an ENV RD-10 meter. They wrote that RF radiation was zero in aeroplane mode and LFM & LFE radiation was "inconsequential" (I assume they mean very low).

12. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

agreed, tune in rather than out to see how your doing..... less is more

Inger, shah78 and drezy like this.
  13. drezy

drezy Gold

Way more

14. From personal experience... the 1st version came out of airplane mode constantly. The 2nd version is only in airplane mode for 24 hours at a time for android. It pissed me off to find out by testing it myself. Now imagine I am sick, can't sleep and don't have a meter to find out on my own? I am getting BT on my finger on my veins all day and night. Does that help my sleep? No! Is it cool to get HRV, body temperature (great for women), and sleep data to test out your hacks? Yes I received value from it. BUT... is it worth having to hassle and keep checking if its in airplane mode and syncing to your phone constantly? Not for me anymore. I feel free.

Danco3636 likes this.
  15. Its not "inconsequential" or low.

16. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Free from another technology trap, now you can find your deep sleep and wake up free...... and energized rather than drained with information overload and another electronic device telling us how we should interact with Mother Nature.

Christine_L and drezy like this.
  17. Its how I used to think about all the other "remedies" for life. They become a crutch and they hold you back. For example, if you don't take this drug or vitamin for xyz, you will get sick or worse. Or you need to wear make up because people can't see you without it. Well what happens when those things aren't available?

HannahS and Corey Nelson like this.
  18. drezy

drezy Gold

Easy for you to say. Foundation, sure, but it's hard to part with my eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick.

19. :rofl: Are you referencing my old post about make up?! I still wear lipstick a few times a week :p Mascara and eyeliner I could do without!

20. drezy

drezy Gold

Just making an absurd comment to highlight how it really should be as absurd for ladies too.

I just had a conversation with my wife about how I think ladies got bamboozled worse by "civilization".

recoen likes this.