1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Is Sunflower lecithin a PUFA Seed Oil? Astaxanthin related question.

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Martha Ray, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Martha Ray

Martha Ray Martha Ray, New Member

I am shopping for a quality Astaxanthin supplement or food. I still have a supplement 'habit' but hope to drop a lot of them as I test and gain knowledge.

When Astaxanthin first hit the market I was 100 lbs heavier and I took it for joint pain and to keep my skin from burning at the gym pool exercise classes in the summers. It worked great for those two issues. But when I took the same common brand and strength BioAstin Hawaiian Astaxanthin 12 mg a few years ago it did not agree with me---cannot remember specifics of how it bothered me but it was after Chemo and Radiation cancer treatment that I had in 2009 and... a whole lot of things began not working for me after those treatments

I will put this in my journal and or book when I find out how to write up about 52+ years worth of seeking health. Anyway I've had a lifetime of to many bad choices and have ended up now with severely radiation damaged forearms among other issues. I have to keep my arms covered when I go out in the sun. Most of the many doctors I seen have offered little help...however Dr. Zach Bush did suggested I try grapeseed oil topically. I did try that for a short bit but I noticed no improvement but remembered ...Astaxanthin. I did my usual 'Astaxanthin Jack Kruse' search and read a post of 'Astaxanthin' and AD back in 2012 when Dr. Kruse said he loved Astaxanthin but he also said important to avoid PUFA's / Seed Oils and to not eat too many carbs. Emerging information out over time to Eat Real Food and avoid ALL Processed Foods.

Now I am shopping for hopefully a 'better' Astaxanthin product. I found Pure Synergy

SUPERPURE ASTAXANTHIN https://www.thesynergycompany.com/astaxanthin a mostly food supplement line has one but it also has Sunflower lecithin as Phospholipids added...

Dr. Chris Knobbe really got seed oils on my radar this past year and I am still learning to avoid seed oils.

Consider the work of Dr. Chris Knobbe - 'Diseases of Civilization: Are Seed Oil Excesses the Unifying Mechanism?'

Bottom line is Sunflower lecithin a PUFA Seed Oil? Do any of you know a great source of Astaxanthin? Both Supplement and or Foods...

Attached Files: