1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Is non-gradual CT damaging?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by ryan dawn, Jan 1, 2017.

1. ryan dawn

ryan dawn New Member

I live in HH, SC and have been CTing in the ocean, after which I often feel drained and weakened.

I have not adhered to any gradual protocol and am suddenly plunging into the cold - am I experiencing cortisol flooding and overwhelming stress as a result?

I thought that the benefits would be experientally available through my attempts yet I think I am actually doing harm to myself.

[age 27]
    [CT DURATION: 5-20 min]
    [ocean temp: around 60 degrees]

brent-next likes this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have you read the C/T protocols? There is a guide on the home page....

Did you start with face dunks? Have you read the huge C/T thread?

You must pay attention to the Doctor in your head ....there may be contra indications for your specific set of circumstances.

C/T is always good ....but maybe you have to go much slower.

n=1 ...... always

3. ryan dawn

ryan dawn New Member

Thanks for your reply,

I've read the protocol and listened to the members webinars,

I eschewed the protocol in favor of using the ocean exclusively,

I may not have allowed enough time for adaptation. eek

Ryan

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Getting into the ocean and getting sun at the same time is fantastic - a win/win really . What is the temperature?

Please remember that Dr. Kruse is always very specific about protocols......There is a very definite reason for starting with face dunks.

Maybe you could try wearing a lycra shirt and shorts and water shoes and a hat if it is very cold?

Are you grounding? maybe try laying naked on the wet cold grass at sunrise? after face dunks of course!

What about just walking in the surf at sunrise for now? or any time really.....just wear a t-shirt and shorts and get adapted.

You must be able to get lots of great seafood?

What are you doing about nnEMF?

Have you started a journal in the optimal journal section? Please give Dr. K. some health history and also your Mom's and Gran's and siblings.

What do you do for work?

Don't forget ...... Rome wasn't built in a day.....it took a long time to get where you are at - reversing it will take time - baby steps.

This is all about the three legged stool ..... water, light and magnetism

Do you wear blue blockers?

Have you read the recommended books???
    please read ....Health and Light by John Ott. It is a very fast read and will give you a great overview.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    Lahelada likes this.
  5. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Great advice

Lahelada likes this.
  6. Penny

Penny New Member

Well, look at the bright side - when Dave Asprey went straight to ice baths, he landed in the hospital with hypothermia and frost bite...

Go slow, always -in fact, I have found that face dunks alone have some amazing benefits for the weak of flesh among us...:)

Drink 16 oz of water before CT - eat lots of fat/protein - if you can't hack the cold, maybe you have too much omega 6 fatty acids vs omega 3 - in my house, everyone is eating a SAD - when the water heater died, everyone was quite sad taking a cold shower but not me:)

I eat seafood every day and could care less about cold showers - it has something to do with your cell membranes - and seafood is great for your cell membranes -

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  7. brent-next

brent-next Gold

I swam in the river every day last winter at 50 deg. north. When I started the water temperatures were about 12 C and when I stopped in January they were about 3 C and and people were chipping a hole in the ice to do it.

My time in the water was typically 15 to 30 seconds. One time I stayed in 10 deg. C water for four minutes and got yelled at by the locals. This is the eastern european tradition of winter swimming.

I did start with face dunking before I tried it and my first cold water swim was in and out as fast as I could.

I noticed a wild day to day variation in how good I felt after this. Some days I felt so good I thought I must be in heaven, other days, cold and slightly tired.

If I were to do this again, I would measure my blood sugar and ketones before each swim to try to make sure I had an ATP surplus. Measure again when you get out to see how much it has changed.

I'm guessing that if I started my swim slightly hypoglycemic without a good dose of ketones to power my swim, that is when I felt tired and cold.

If you come out of the ocean feeling drained and weakened you are probably not having the intended effect. Cut your time way down and see if you can trigger the good feelings.

caroline likes this.