1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Is my testosterone too high (female)?

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Jennie747, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Jennie747

Jennie747 New Member

The lab says 79 with a reference range of 14-76. My Doc wrote "OK" next to it. He didn't test estrogen that time, I don't know why, but he did on the previous labs. 6 months previously testosterone was 55, total estrogen was 166.4 but I can't tell which reference range to use as I had a Mirena IUD in at the time and wasn't menstruating, so I don't know where I was in my cycle. They range from 30-650 depending on the cycle phase. Maybe the testosterone was higher after taking out the Mirena?

From reading I wonder if that's causing my adult acne (I'm 46, had it since teen years) and chin hairs? I don't have excess body hair in other places or a deep voice or apple-shape any of the other symptoms I've read about. The only time my acne has ever improved much is when I was pregnant though, that must mean something?

How does one go about lowering testosterone if this is indeed a problem?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you need a new doc.........

3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Jennie, have you ever tried restricting wheat? Your acne might be caused by gluten intolerance.

4. Jennie747

Jennie747 New Member

I have been mostly off grain since January. - no change except my gallbladder quit acting up. I stopped gaining weight but didn't lose any.

Ugh this is the best Doc as far as alternative open-mindedness I've been able to find!

Is there nothing I can do other than what I'm already doing (diet changes, light, CT)? I am committed to to start eating seafood (which I've always hated) after the latest blog!

5. Destiny

Destiny New Member

What about your OBGYN for a complete hormonal testing? I had to go to 3 doctors to get the tests I needed. It is time consuming and expensive for all involved but as you said it is hard to almost impossible to find a doctor that is open minded.

I know what you mean with the seafood. I always ate some but was very specific about the kind of seafood and its preparation. Working on my conversion! Good luck on yours!

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

tristate-health.com

7. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Thanks, JanSz! I noticed that take an insurance but only if it is with "out of network". That means it would be substantial investment on my part. I am already at $$0.00 in my Flex Spending account for this year. I hope I could do this next year. What is the average cost per visit? Is there a doctor for hormonal issues you could recommend?

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I got screwed on last day of last year by people handling my insurance.

Got switched to Aetna.

It was important to me to work whole month of January changing this.

In the meantime, he rather helped me for free than deal with Aetna.

----------

His approach works for me.

Otherwise consider working with dr Kruse.

There is really nothing wrong with a mind set of spending our own money for our own health.

I rather do that than have someone take my money and give it to someone who deserves them more than me (keeping 99% of them for his cronies).

9. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I wish there were no 3rd party involved, just me and my doctor. Anyway, I am waiting for a batch of additional results to set up a consult with Dr. Kruse.