1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Is it possible to tell ANYTHING from this?

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Endless, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Endless

Endless Guest

My doc is unbelievably stingy with labs...I told her I suspected Hashis and she would not order both the antibody tests, just one of them and the TSH. Nothing else.:mad:

TSH 1.25 (ref 0.35-5.50 mU/L)

Thyroid PeroxAB 30 (ref 0-60 U/mL)

In April my TSH was 2.93 and that's all I know. I'm workiong on getting a full thyroid panel from LE but I have to go to the US...hoping to do that next month. In the meantime I have been having new/different symptoms that I feel might be related to my thyroid....pressure/tightness in throat area, pounding heart, palpitations (always have, but more lately). I've lost 12 pounds and while I'd like to think it's from the leptin reset and CT I wonder.

I'd be grateful for any advice, insight, or helpful hints to help convince my doc to get me more tests!

2. Some antibodies means....maybe Hashis. You will have to keep testing for the next 18 mo. Your TSH went down but if you have Hashis the TSH is an unreliable measure of anything. Your doc is sounds totally clueless. My first doc tested me for Hashis that later confirmed the diagnosis but said "You aren't BAD enough for meds". I would eat AI for the next 18 mo. I would suggest to wait for your other results after you get them next month and then you will know more about the story of your thyroid.

3. Endless

Endless Guest

Thanks. I am already eating AI (I think) and proceeding as if I have it. I know that might confuse my test results but I'd rather get a head start.

4. It will most likely only affect the antibodies but from my experience it takes a while for them to calm down after eating AI. Good luck on the new tests!