1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Is Elevated 1,25 (Calcitriol) always a sign of inflammation?

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Jaime T., Oct 20, 2018.

1. Jaime T.

Jaime T. Silver. Lots to learn.

Typically T1 inflammation is attributed to high Calcitriol but is that always the case? A forum thread from 2014 (referencing a Nova article) states "In sarcoidosis, for example, this dysregulated vitamin D conversion can mean that even a moderate intake of vitamin D through ingestion or solar exposure can cause the 1,25D hormone to become high enough to stimulate osteoclastic action, and bone resorption."
    Is sun exposure a danger for certain folks with high Calcitriol?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Always and never are strong words......but it is always a sign of bad optical signaling in cells = a retinal problem at some level

3. Jaime T.

Jaime T. Silver. Lots to learn.

They are strong words, thanks for pointing that out, best to state typically or usually I suppose.
    I need to learn and understand a lot more on this subject..in the meantime it wouldn’t be harmful for someone with high calcitriol to be getting a good amount of sun? I don’t want to drive it higher while searching for the cause. I’ve probably increased my exposure 100 fold.