1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Is CT beneficial to asian and african?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by tsoang, Aug 13, 2018.

1. tsoang

tsoang New Member

Jack mentioned that northern european can uncouple their mitochondria so CT is beneficial to them. But some people with dark skin with L0 haplotype does not uncouple their mitochondria. I heard Jack once said CT is not good for people who cannot uncouple their mitochondria.

I'm south east asian and I want to find out if doing CT is beneficial for me. I have 23andMe report but I can't find if I have L0 haplotype. How do I find that out on the 23andMe report?

Thanks guys.

2. tsoang

tsoang New Member

I found out my haplotype is N.

Should I do CT? Is it beneficial or bad for me to do CT?

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The hypothesis of Asia as the place of origin of haplogroup N is supported by the following: Haplotype group N is descendant from African L3 after these people left to populate northern parts of the planet in Eurasia. This haplotype also went south to Australia too. The migration was likely due to a supervolcanic eruption in the tropics in Sumatra that may have affected photosynthesis and the growth of food due to blockade of the sun. This lowered the temperature inside the tropics for highly coupled humans and was the environmental driver to leave to look for land where food could grow with sunlight. It might have been further north and south outside the tradewinds where temps were colder but fodo grew. Hence this drove the L3 group to a more uncoupled N group who could handle colder temperatures. Haplogroup L3's exact place of origin is uncertain. According to the Recent African origin of modern humans (Out-of-Africa) theory, the clade is believed to have arisen and dispersed from East Africa Rift zone I wrote about in the brain-gut series of blogs between 84,000 and 104,000 years ago.

1. Haplogroup N is found in all parts of the world but has low frequencies in Sub-Saharan Africa. According to a number of studies, the presence of Haplogroup N in Africa is most likely the result of back migration from Eurasia.
    2. The oldest clades of macrohaplogroup N are found in Asia and Australia.
    3. It would be paradoxical that haplogroup N had traveled all the distance to Australia or New World yet failed to affect other populations within Africa besides North Africans and Horn Africans at the southernmost tip. This suggests an ocean migration.
    4. N1 is the only sub-clade of haplogroup N that has been observed in Africa.
    5. CT can be done with an N group but your SNP's and SAP's will tell you how effective it might be.

Jason Coates, tsoang, Antonis and 4 others like this.
  4. Joseph Thia

Joseph Thia Aspiring Mitochondriac

Did 23andme give you more details for your maternal haplogroup? Mine is M8a2, and there was a paragraph in the summary report for mine that said, "Overall, members of M8a remain relatively close to the region of origin today, and are found mostly in southern Siberia, Korea and the northern Chinese provinces of Liaoning, Xinjiang, and Qinghai."

Antonis and drezy like this.
  5. tsoang

tsoang New Member

Yes, it says Haplogroup N is through out Eurasia. Why are you asking?