1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Is anyone here taking Provigil to improve their HPA axis?

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Melinda, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Melanie Procter

Melanie Procter New Member

I had taken the ingredients of one product and pasted it here to see what you think. So far, I find my best brain hack is high intensity training at five, with arginine as a pre-workout, spring water. Post workout: fat, protein, DHA, CT and meditation--the most delicious combo (And reading the posts from all you good people. Ur the sprinkles on top of a great brain hack.) I have tried all the brain drugs and nootropics but they all make me feel weird. The hacks I learned here make me truly the best version of me and soooooo sharp.

2. Greenisland

Greenisland New Member

Provigil and coffee are two very different beasts. I keep it in my midwifery bag for when I have 24 or even 36 hour labors to attend. It sharpens your mind and wakes you up for 10 plus hours but then lets you down gently, unlike caffeine which you have to constantly re-dose, get jittery, then crash. I think it has its applications for occasional use much like melatonin. Use it for jet lag, long drives, etc. Taking it every day would just be chemical dependence, and as Dr.K says, just a shortcut. But then again my two cups of uber strong coffee every day is chemical dependence....

3. cantweight

cantweight Gold

I gave Nuvigil a go for a few days and did not get what I expected. I felt wired and jittery and moody....dry mouth, rapid heart rate. Definitely was not for me.

4. Lava

Lava Gold

I like the Provigil but I can only do 1/4 of a 1/4 of 100mg tab....I use it for emergencies only...