1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Is anyone here taking Provigil to improve their HPA axis?

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Melinda, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Melinda

Melinda New Member

After watching the link Dr. K posted yesterday showing Dave Asprey using the drug to enhance his mind, it sounds like something I'd love to try. But I don't want to take another pill or mess with my mind any more than I am.

I'm working on the proposition that following all the protocols, circadian respect, Leptin RX, CT and now Epi-paleo eating will get me there without Provigil.

I stopped coffee a few days ago b/c it was weird feeling with my new pregnenolone/DHEA/7-Keto regimen. So I feel really dull today. I'm going to study about the HPA axis as best I can. Any insights from anyone would be welcome.

Here is the link to Nightline:

http://abcnews.go.com/watch/nightline/SH5584743/VD55219806/nightline-717-provigil-the-secret-success-drug

2. Jennie747

Jennie747 New Member

I've tried it (for fatigue related to hypothyroid/adrenal issues) and I wasn't impressed. It didn't seem to work any better than coffee. Maybe on someone not already tired it might work better?

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I have only mentioned to one person in an educational consult as a consideration to speak to their doc about.

4. jmathisen

jmathisen New Member

I took provigil a few years ago, well, I guess it's closer to 10, for some work-related issues. At least for me, the stuff is legal speed, I was wired.

On the other hand, a quarter lb of chocolate covered espresso beans produced similar results, so at the time, I stuck with the arguably natural solution... :)

For me, I can't imagine taking it again.

5. Melinda

Melinda New Member

I'm convinced, not for me...thats for everyone's input. Around 3:30pm I spent just 5 minutes lifting 50 lbs (it felt like 50# but my DH says it was 25#, ha, ha)of weight up and down and around and my mind fog lifted almost immediately...duh..I guess I should start doing that regularly!

6. puddles

puddles New Member

natural solutions like coffee can help. or you can use your meds given by your doc

7. Melanie Procter

Melanie Procter New Member

Jack talked about Provigil/Modafinil in his last webinar. It rocked my world. I think we could achieve the same through super hydration, DHA, high fat etc. with CT. Am I right?

sjoshua likes this.
  8. Melanie Procter

I just want to take what Jack is taking for the brain. U know what I mean? He has somehow tapped into his "quantum memory". Notice how he remembers page numbers and what month a journal came out 15 years ago.

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Jack has tapped into his quantum everything! ...... just saying...

sheer volume of oysters is a big start........ huge....

10. Melanie Procter

Wouldn't be fun if Jack wrote up the "Provigil RX"? Actually, it would be fun if we created it based on the breadcrumbs he has left us. I offer a prize to the one who actually can do it. I will donate the prize. What should it be?

I imagine, we will string together the dietary and lifestyle suggestions with a few supplements or something. What do you think, shall I sponsor a "natural nootropic contest Jack Kruse style", as a project for us to take a shot at?

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Melanie - I think you have already answered your own question above...... #7 lol

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have been thinking about this ...and will take a crack at it.......mostly because I think that it is not magic!

#1 .. Passion ...Dr. K. has a huge passion for life, his day job, his blog, his wife and family and this journey to change medicine and inspire all of us to learn and ask better questions and to become involved in our own healthcare

#2 .... Curiosity ......Dr. K. is infinitely curious about everything - and nothing is sacred

#3 .... Compassion ..... and he listens..... never underestimate the value of listening

#4 ..... Oysters, oysters, oysters and lots of seafood

#5 ....... Lots and lot of C/T to mitigate the damages of his day job and being here and helping us

#6 ..... lots and lots of grounding and sunshine - probably mostly naked!

#7 ....... lots of great water

#8 ....... lots and lots of oxy - in all forms ...... sex, dancing, laughter - you name it - I am positive that he does it
    lots! and often!!! This should have been tied to #1 I suspect!

#9 ...... A great work ethic - can't wait to get out of bed in the morning

#10 .... A great play ethic ..... When it is time to play .......Dr. K. lives large ... he squeezes the lemons of life often
    and hard

#11 ...... lots of great wine and lots of great food and lots of great music

#12 ..... a circle of friends he trusts and respects and admires and who inspire him to be a better person - and to
    expand his boundaries beyond even what he thinks is possible!

#13 .... us ....... I am pretty positive we drive him crazy on a regular basis - but then the lights will go on
    for someone and then he must think to himself .... Some of them are actually getting this! and my critics
    thought this is an impossible task!

#14 ..... Dr. K. is a regular guy ... but he has been inspired to do better ......

and Dr. K. in turn, is inspiring us to be better and do better....

simple ... but not easy .... but not exactly magic either

What is stopping any one of us from doing all of the above???

we all have a lot of background noise in our life - daily frustrations and disappointments etc ... but we only have one life to live.

So lets all dance at the edge of our life and push our boundaries ...we have nothing to lose and everything to gain!

What have I missed?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    bionaut, Melanie Procter and Martin like this.
  13. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

how about "electron adept". Complete mastery of collecting and using electrons. :D

Melanie Procter and caroline like this.
  14. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

One, two or many steps backward should mean everything for many.

First, add energy and flow back into your unit. Fill yourself because you are starved from so many dogmas floating around. Life is energy and ways to transfer and convert it. Focus on this with some simulations of nature, like tools and gears to make a shift, these you will later leave behind because i feel they do the same as eating add ons.

Second, now you start to see the world with brand new eyes. Small changes begin to advance and you can clearly see what is bad for humans. Feelings become more clear and you do not get stuck in laws of today, problems start to sink down and be just minor, why? You navigate in a more wakeful state once again...

Third, now you begin to question your lifestyle... Now you see and feel that being in the raw nature gives so much. This is not that you get away, you are coming home. It is not about the silence and peace here, it is about how much life there is and powers that are free. You start to question what the hell i have been doing and start to do radical changes. All of these are tough and harsh when you look at them if you are in a early state, like before the first step above.

Now you start to understand that taking steps back is often good for you even at the price you feel it have... If you are sick, listen to the signals, do not silence them... They are good because they want you to make a change.

As i write this i give you a feeling of my life and how i think but also an idea that to become the new modern human it can mean to ride a horse, fish from a lake and sleep in a tipi outside of the city. Now you can use technology for meaningful things instead of joy and pleasure.

caroline and Melanie Procter like this.
  15. Melanie Procter

These are great. I hope we get more people commenting. I really want to give a prize.

16. Melanie Procter

If you go on every other famous bio-hacker's blog, they are discussing the piracatams they are taking. There seem to be many kind. Our lead bio-hacker, knows the brain better than all these guys put together but he never mentions these nootropics. Or at least I haven't heard him talk about them. So, I think he must think they are all BS. Have you ever heard Jack talk about nootropics?

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I have.......in some older podcasts. Nootropics are like nitrous in a car.......amazing short term performance that shortens the longterm life of the engine.

18. Melanie Procter

What if you mixed : acetyl l-carnitine, alpha gpc, sulbutiamine, l-theanine, and vincamine?

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

What about this?........Reading can seriously damage ignorance........some people are more interested in short cuts than nature's methods.

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

and one more thing: a little learning is a dangerous thing: insert most Q Self folks.........that is what makes it dangerous and fun at the same time