1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

IRIS Software

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by Sean Waters, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Penny

Penny New Member

Does that run on a Pi?

2. Sean Waters

Sean Waters New Member

That's dope. But I have no confidence in doing any of that - I don't even have a monitor with me.

Question - would you run IRIS on top of that? Would you be able to see anything?

3. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

incandescent bulb
    _MG_9942.jpg

here I used my phone as a red light just to show what happens
    _MG_9943.jpg
    Here is what happens when you use a red light, the blue or green pixels simply are not visible and appear as black.
    Iris or other software then can be used to make it so that the green and blue is displayed as shades of red instead of plain black. Your native display drivers software can be sufficient to achieve a perfectly usable image.

The pixels in an lcd are filters for light, they can't turn red into blue or green.

4. Aussie Chris

Aussie Chris New Member

Excerpt from Deep Work by Cal Newport (highly recommended). p191 referring to technology

"The Craftsman Approach To Tool Selection

Identify the core factors that determine success and happiness in your professional and personal life. Adopt a tool only if its positive impacts on these factors substantially outweigh its negative impacts (emphasis mine).

Notice that the craftsman approach to tool selection stands in opposition to the "any-benefit" approach. Whereas the any-benefit mindset identifies any potential positive impact as justification for using a tool, the craftsman variant requires that these positive impacts affect factors at the core of what's important to you and that they outweigh the negatives."

5. Sean Waters

Sean Waters New Member

Love this.

6. Dan2

Dan2 Pedantic schlub

@Sean Waters
    "and Desert.life - that does not surprise me! So, it's all one big pile of BS then.... Acrylic sheets being the way forward, or these Ben Q monitors that Penny suggested. But really, the point comes back to this - Technology is not safe, at all."

"all one big pile of BS then" I think Daniel Georgiev, the inventor of Iris, knows what he's doing with the software capabilities and monitor physics. Desert.life said, "I have iris on my pc, and it doesn't eliminate the flicker on my monitor. Took a phone and made a video and could still see the flickering" -- isn't that just the refresh rate? The refresh rate of the monitor and the frames per second of the camera's recording aren't equally timed and so the camera shows like an imposed polyrhythm, like a wave interference pattern, between them? And so that's not a flicker Iris caused, or can fix.

About the Ben Q monitors -- I don't know much about this but I think there's several brands that have models with eye health-related designs/features. Sometimes it requires a specific graphics card, like to adjust the refresh rate of some monitors, like in post #18 I made on the first page of this thread.

@Penny
    "Does that run on a Pi?"
    (replying to: "I got it to work on a desktop with Linux Mint. I have to use an older version -- version 0.9.2.2 -- and open the file called "Iris-0.9.2.2.AppImage" (included in the folder when it's downloaded) to start it.")

I don't know. Did you look at the Github forum where there's threads about troubleshooting? https://github.com/iris-technologies/iris-user-issues/issues?q=is:issue+is:eek:pen+sort:created-desc I searched "raspberry pi", "pi", and "raspberry" there and no results. :\

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    Desert.life and Penny like this.
  7. Desert.life

Desert.life New Member

Awesome. I gotta get one as well. Thanks for letting us know.

Did you order the red acrylic?

EWO likes this.
  8. Sean Waters

Sean Waters New Member

Epic! Can you link to the one you got?

9. Sean Waters

Sean Waters New Member

I had contact lowbluelights.com support because on the Billing Details area to make a payment for their filter - it doesn't have an option for United Kingdom. Every country in the world is on the drop-down bar, but not the UK. LOL. I mean fuck King George and everything but jesus lol

EWO likes this.
  10. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

If the blue and green colors appear as black. You may not see certain elements on the screen anymore.

That was an issue for me when trying to use a monitor while wearing red glasses.

If this is an issue for anyone, in graphics driver settings, adjust the green and blue channels to the lowest setting. Then adjust the saturation/vibrance to zero.

I was able to do this with intel and invidia drivers.

Using iris can achieve this also.

Sean Waters and EWO like this.
  11. caroline

caroline New Member

I am technically challenged .....what can I get for my MacBook air?

EWO likes this.
  12. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

13. Desert.life

Desert.life New Member

Awesome. Curious how much of the blue does the amber actually block? Would one still need to use blue blockers? But then again you got the red one, which I plan on getting to put over my pc screen that already has the iris set on sleep. Hopefully it wont be too dark to see. :) Glad the experience went well, I will order one now from him as well.

EWO likes this.
  14. SurthesAmy

SurthesAmy New Member

Iris can be installed on all versions of MS Windows as stated on the official website, as well as on android. But I had a problem with the installation, or to be more precise, with the correct operation with respect to startup time. Since I am a fan of different health tracking software, I decided to use Iris in conjunction with https://www.exposit.com/solutions/healthcare/ app. There I look at the time to see the signal of visual impairment, and in my program already use the prompts to work comfortably for a long time at the laptop. I can't say they aren't compatible, but Iris often confuses the time when I need to take a break. In the near future I am trying to give it up, I want to check how convenient it will be to use one program for disabled people like me.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022