1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

IRIS Settings - What are yours?

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by jewishhacker, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Ive been using IRIS for several months now, but sometimes the lack of colors makes buttons and different spreadsheets difficult to see. I just realized the greyscale option in advanced settings which solved that.

I figured there were probably some features / settings I havent explored or realized yet and curious what options/settings people use and feel best with IRIS?

I currently use the bluelight at 0% at all times, and now with the greyscale makes it easier to see things.
    Brightness is at about 75%

2. Anita

Anita New Member

I've had Iris about a month and use the Reading setting during the daylight hours with blue light set to zero. I believe this is the best screen software and I used Lux for many years prior. I also have brightness set about 70%.

3. Jaime T.

Jaime T. Silver. Lots to learn.

Hi, how did you adjust the greyscale on Iris?

4. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

I go into the blue light control and turn blue light and brightness all the way down except for the infrequent situation where I temporarily need to see much more detail than that allows. I still wear blue blocking glasses just in case.

I have been very pleased with IRIS' online support. They're good folks.

IRIS is on my home laptop. I can't turn volume far enough up for some of the podcasts or videos I like to listen to. So I hook the laptop to a tv via HDMI, which picks up the IRIS settings.

5. Jaime T.

Jaime T. Silver. Lots to learn.

Thank you Katie, yes that is what I am doing now. I was just curious how jewishhacker was adjusting greyscale since the red is a bit hard ot read at times.