1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

IR wall switch outlet for North America

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by DLO, Sep 10, 2016.

1. DLO

DLO StarFish

Anyone know of any infared remote controlled powered wall switches?
    I want to make a light rack with full spectrum lighting but I dont want to replace the existing T8 lighting since it's a rental space.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Soyou want to dim the frequency.........do you know what that does to the EMF fields? Google Alexander Wunsch and his talk on flicker. BAD IDEA.

3. DLO

DLO StarFish

No I want full spectrum light that turns on for the initial consult but once they are on the table I need an easy way to turn them off without running new wiring.
    Once they are on the table i'm switching to red/purple light.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

anytime you modulate frequency off an AC current you create massive EMF fields........not smart

5. DLO

DLO StarFish

Listening to Alexander Wunch's interview has steered me from going with the mercola CFL full spectrum lights. I'll just stick with incandescent.
    I'm not looking to modulate (if by modulate you mean dim) the lights at all. I just need a quick way to turn it on and off.
    Once they are on the table I just turn on my salt lamps and the NIR bulb. Thinking of adding some 365nm purple UV LED bulbs but now i'm starting to think thats a bad idea...

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I think an old fashion switch is best. I think you can improve your local spectral density of light but you better carefully think about your conteext before jumping in.

7. DLO

DLO StarFish

Well gosh darn it if even infared red can be problematic as a remote switch then I guess I need a clap on clap off! Surely that must be problem free!