1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

IR sauna and UV light

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Simon Wright, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Hi All,

I have purchased an IR sauna and have been trying different things with it. One thing i do twice sometime three times a week is take a 10-15min sauna at between 50-55c (between 11am to 12 pm), lay in the sun (naked) for 15-20 min, then jump back in the sauna for 10 mins then lay the otherside of my body in the sun for 15-20 mins. I do not use soap on any part of my body for 2 days after this.

My general feeling from this is i really feel charged from this the next day In addition i do not burn at all and my colour is a much darker chocolate than usual. (Although i am caucasian i am rather dark skinned)

To note i live 7 degrees south of the Equator so there is abundant UV.

My rationale with this is as i am bringing more of my blood to the surface via the action of the sauna and i am charging my plasma with the abundant UV light. (i usually cover my face and only expose my body).

In addition this seems to affect my redox potential alot as i can have a few (3) wines after and it doesnt really affect me.

As well to note i am having a few moles (dark spots) dissappearing from my body doing this.

Regards

Simon

cmegan likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Simon be careful with too much NIR sauna.......long term chronic over use leads to fibrosis of the muscles.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    David Limacher likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If there is abundant UV at your location there is a huge amount of IR too......so you dont need a NIR sauna in my opinion. May 2015 webinar was clear message........nothing replaces the sun

seanb4, Danco3636 and David Limacher like this.
  4. HI Jack,

Many thanks for the clarification. It is a Far Infrared Sauna. But thanks i will bring the use of it down.

Also i have listened to all your last 6 months blogs repeatatively and am going to turn my sauna into a light /mediation box. I am going to fit it out with 650nm, 680nm and 880 nm and am also looking at the ultra violet (Purple) range to mitigate my work hours. I have a clothing factory and spend a quite a few hours in front of my computer everyday.

Best

Simon

Phosphene and Fairy like this.
  5. Marc Lacasse

Marc Lacasse New Member

"Light/meditation box": floating in a sensory-deprivation tank that delivers full spectrum light?

6. This is an awesome idea!! Don't know why I haven't thought of that...

7. I thought most sauna studies show that sauna almost everyday is great for long term health, or is that because most saunas studies are done in dry saunas?

8. Dr. Rhonda Patrick usually points to some studies of reducing all cause mortality in other parts of the world. My hunch is that you have to consider the ritual/social aspect in other regions, way of life, and simply heat stressing the body regularly compared to sitting in a chair all day in a dense city. (which is what most of them are comparing this to)

Of course I'm not a doctor, so I can't explain it in medical terms, and am naive when it comes to the science... but sweating 4+ times per week, temp heat shock, intermittent CT, and the community/social aspect typically done with your tribe alone... is WAY more connected than sitting in a cubicle for 8 hours a day, unwinding with a bottle of wine after your stressful commute, and "talking" to friends on Facebook.

Physical. Mental. Emotional. Community.

Christine_L and Phosphene like this.
  9. Could also be that Jack was talking specifically about a NIR sauna - so maybe that does not apply to regular saunas but more so to Saunaspace NIR type saunas

10. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

It would no longer technicallly be a sensory deprivation tank if you have visible light.